I recently did a warranty exchange for a Q10 that I got from Digital River. The original Q10 came unlocked, I just put my sim card in, and began using the phone.

When I put my sim card in this device, I get a notification in the Hub that says Sim Card Blocked "The device is Network locked. Contact your service provider." When I click "Open," it says "You current SIM card requires one or more Mobile Equipment Personalization codes before the Mobile Network will be available." (Yes, "you," not "your," which I think is funny).

When I click Unlock Network, a SIM Security box appears and it says to Enter Network unlock code, with 10 attempts (actually 9 now since I tried my device password to see if maybe that's what I needed?)

It says Network Subset is Unlocked and Service Provider is unlocked.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I searched the forums and haven't found anything...
    04-14-14 05:59 PM
    I recently did a warranty exchange for a Q10 that I got from Digital River. The original Q10 came unlocked, I just put my sim card in, and began using the phone.

When I put my sim card in this device, I get a notification in the Hub that says Sim Card Blocked "The device is Network locked. Contact your service provider." When I click "Open," it says "You current SIM card requires one or more Mobile Equipment Personalization codes before the Mobile Network will be available." (Yes, "you," not "your," which I think is funny).

When I click Unlock Network, a SIM Security box appears and it says to Enter Network unlock code, with 10 attempts (actually 9 now since I tried my device password to see if maybe that's what I needed?)

It says Network Subset is Unlocked and Service Provider is unlocked.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I searched the forums and haven't found anything...
    See if you can try a SIM from a friend or if you have any other ones from someone else. Try one from the same carrier and one from a different carrier.
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-14-14 06:14 PM
    Who'd you arrange the warranty exchange through? Digital River? I'd get on the horn with them immediately. Good luck with the robots on the other end of the phone though. They need to provide an unlock code (unlikely) or swap the device out right away. Their warranty service provider obviously dropped the ball.
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-14-14 08:28 PM
    Why waste time figuring it out! Just RMA it

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-14-14 08:37 PM
    Who'd you arrange the warranty exchange through? Digital River? I'd get on the horn with them immediately. Good luck with the robots on the other end of the phone though. They need to provide an unlock code (unlikely) or swap the device out right away. Their warranty service provider obviously dropped the ball.
    Why waste time figuring it out! Just RMA it

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    This is such a disaster (in the scheme of phones, that is). I called BlackBerry aka Digital River, and no one knows anything. They are "investigating" and will get back to me WITHIN 72 HOURS! That's THREE DAYS. Luckily, I have other BlackBerry devices, but the fact that they sent me a LOCKED device and NO ONE could provide me an unlock code with my IMEI number (after being on hold for over an hour).

If they sent it to me locked, that's bad enough, as they are advertised as unlocked. But I would be okay with it if I could get an unlock code out of them (for free) immediately upon calling.

So I have a brand new white Q10 just sitting here. Digital River is the f-----g worst.
    04-14-14 11:55 PM
    ^Like I said, good luck with those robots. They probably don't have a script for this scenario, so they need 72 hours to have someone write it for them. I've dealt with them before and "painful" is a nice way to put it.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    04-15-14 12:23 AM
    The SECOND device Digital River has sent me is now factory locked as well. They are both locked to Rogers in Canada, it's printed on the packing slip.

BlackBerry is advertising these devices as unlocked and then sending locked ones. I've been on hold with Shop BlackBerry for 30 minutes now. Again.

Digital River is officially a disaster.

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    04-17-14 10:46 PM