I have been using the Q10 for a week now, and have not been bothered by the lack of a trackpad. It might be that 2 months on the Z10 have conditioned me, but I honestly have no problems.
    For those wondering:
    The shortcuts are present, but the speed dial function is not. I use the speed dial the most, so I hope the final version of the device/software will have this option.
    The Z10 apps are portable, but do not work properly, except for BB Travel.
    The battery is improved over the Z10, but needs more work in order to reach the 9700 levels. Still, it lasts through the day of heavy messaging/phoning use.
    04-05-13 09:53 AM
    I have been using the Q10 for a week now, and have not been bothered by the lack of a trackpad. It might be that 2 months on the Z10 have conditioned me, but I honestly have no problems.
    For those wondering:
    The shortcuts are present, but the speed dial function is not. I use the speed dial the most, so I hope the final version of the device/software will have this option.
    The Z10 apps are portable, but do not work properly, except for BB Travel.
    The battery is improved over the Z10, but needs more work in order to reach the 9700 levels. Still, it lasts through the day of heavy messaging/phoning use.

I don't think we will have speed dial like on Bold, as Q has the same as Z
    04-05-13 02:40 PM
    I miss the trackpad for Web browser use. Would help if there was a virtual call up option

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 02:56 PM
    anyone who says they dont miss the trackpad they obviously dont use copy and paste often because i have had a bbb since the 2004 and always had either the wheel or trackpad and i use copy and paste about 20 to 50 times a day my q10 is basically USELESS for copy and paste.. its ridiculous i mean its just plain BS i HATE HATE can i share how i really FEEL... I FREAKING HATE copy and pasting wih the bubble thing.. ******** inaccurate and worthless the only time its even ok is when i do copy and paste in a android port and the copy and paste from android kick in.. otherwise i find myself retyping the whole entire part or sentence all over again.. can bbb please make a phone with a trackpad again or fix the copy and paste bubble crap.... i love the speed lack of freezing of the q10 compared to my old 9930 specially the 4G LTE hotsport hack on my verizon but my god copy and paste PLEASE FIX it.. oh and btw can u get my homescreen shortcuts back... i dont like or care much for the universal search of the type and GO...
    08-05-13 04:07 AM
    I just purchased a Q 10 and realize I sure miss the track pad. I understand why it was removed (for the screen space...) but it was a key part of the popularity of the QWERTY keyboard, which is fundamental to loyal Bberry customers. That aside, I really like the Q 10, but I am not sure if that's enough for me not to return it and go with a full screen smart phone.
    06-28-14 07:45 AM
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...&v=bi9jhGibno4

Try this for now, wait for the Classic to have the trackpad back.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 09:25 AM
56 123