I think I will let this be. I went and read the Rules and Guidelines sub-section, "Private Info", and it is spelled out, in no uncertain terms , that "IMEI"s are not to be listed. I would think an 'IMEI" would be treated like an automobile's VIN number?
    I researched cell phones for months back in 2015 - 2016 and I came to the conclusion that a BlackBerry would be the right phone for me. I had never seen one and I didn't know anyone that owned one. My love of a physical keyboard comes out of the same place that the love of driving a stick shift originates, I'm sure.
    I wanted the Classic but could only afford the Q 10. I bought it through Amazon and I actually took the time and trouble to enter about 150 individual phone numbers with all of the addresses ... email addresses too.
    I had the phone for ONE WEEK and on the 4th of July I was working on my work van right outside my kitchen window in the early afternoon. I went in the house for some cold water and went back outside after 5 - 10 minutes ... voila ... no more BlackBerry. I live on a 5 lane busy thoroughfare in Erie, PA and people can cut through my driveway and save a few steps walking to the mall. There were all kinds of tools laying about and I thought anyone would recognize I was in the middle of something and could be out the door in seconds.
    I bought another white Q -10 from Amazon and had it in 4 days. I had the stolen phone such a short time that I still had all the shipping info. I kept the box, specifically because the IMEI number and other info were printed on it and I realized I'd need that to ID and claim the phone. I went to all the pawn shops in Erie looking for it.
    07-26-21 10:32 PM
    Oh ... THANK YOU for your kind advice. I appreciate your reaching out to me. You're a good soul!
    07-26-21 10:35 PM
    @UlaG79 I don't know it you do it in your country, but here in Spain, our carriers (with the aid of the mobile unlocking professionals) publish a black list with the IMEIs of stolen devices... so, if you want to buy a used tablet, smartphone..., you just need to ask for the IMEI number to the seller and check if that IMEI is blacklisted.
    It seems that the seller forgot to perform a hard reset before selling you the Q10, as the seller of my Q10 did (But he gave me its password so I performed the reset by myself, and, when I was prompted to set a Blackberry ID I set mine one with no problem at all).
    If anyone else has the same problem, can try this, use an autoloader (try to get the last one), go to your PC and visit Blackberry World, as if you want to download an app, game... you will be prompted to create an account if you want to download it, now that you have a Blackberry ID, go back to your Blackberry and use your recently created account, it should work. I used on my Curve 8360 and worked like a charm.
    I'm not refloating this thread, I just want to share something that could be of any help.
    09-11-21 07:38 AM
28 12