Howbaout vibration alert on calls and sms? It has no problem right?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 11:46 PM
    So far, so good. There are some bugs, such as inability to set audible email alerts, or BBM group etc. sounds. No big deal for me. There's a blank home screen, which a lot of people don't like, but I do like. This will be optional in future 10.3 versions.

Transitions feel a little "sticky" at the moment. This could be because there's a lot of stuff going on in the background as the OS "settles in," as the saying goes. I'll see how it is in a few hours.

The watermarks are there, but you really have to look for them. I'm sure there will be other bugs, since this is such a young release, but I do like the look of it. The font is a bit different too. It's a touch less "bold" looking, thus easier on the eyes.
    Thank you so much for your wonderful inputs .. Iam sure your valuable inputs will help us all !!!
    05-14-14 01:32 AM
    I haven't loaded it up, and am seriously contemplating staying on 10.2.1 for as long as possible.

I truly despise the new flat look of 10.3 UI elements. The icons are ugly, boring and inconsistent. The large circular main action button is hideous and doesn't fit with the rest of the UI at all. The switches in the menu look horrendous. The entire thing looks like something made by a child using crayons.

All BlackBerry had to do was continue adding new features and continue polishing 10.2.1 as it already was, and yet somehow they thought this flat, monotone, boring and ugly design was a good idea/direction to head in.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks i guess this was really helpful in understanding some bugs !!
    05-14-14 01:33 AM
    Not yet awaiting the official one

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 02:32 AM
    Guys one more thing i tried to sideload it using Playbook App manager it said successfully loaded but still shows the Old OS on my Q10 did anyone face similar issue ?
    05-14-14 05:52 AM
    I have loaded on my q10 everything is smooth have a few bugs
    Vibration with ringtone not working.
    Phone gets slow after battery below 20percent
    Toast notification reply have to click on reply icon n then in write message box to start typing
    Just a day now. Have to explore more.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 10:04 AM
    ill wait
    05-14-14 10:08 AM
    Where if I may ask is this link so I can also give it a run on my Q10
    05-14-14 01:19 PM
    Do all our keyboard shortcuts work?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 01:47 PM
    Never mind I found it. :P

From my Q10SQN100-5/10.2.1.3175
    Amit Karia likes this.
    05-14-14 04:14 PM
    I loaded the leak last night and it works about 80% well. If you load it though be prepared for a very annoying 20%.

Here are some of issues thus far:

The file icons in file manager are not optimized for the Q10.
    The delete function in the hub is rather large and intrusive.
    There are some display bugs that pop up every now and then.
    My video works but my camera app doesn't seem to be responding.
    BlackBerry world is sloooooooow. So slow. And not optimized for our screen size.
    Takes an ever longer than normal time scanning the media card for pics or music.

---

That being said, if I can find a fix for the camera, I'll probably stick with this build. I like the difference between a lock and homescreen wallpaper. I really enjoy having my screen light up when I get a lock screen notification. Call me crazy but the battery life is very good, definitely matches the official OS. I think the new flatter UI is sharper and more modern looking. Also, the copy/paste bubble is so much easier to use. Lots of little improvements that make it worth it (for now) for me but might be too off-putting for most. It's obvious this is an early leak.

These are my initial impressions. I'm sure I'll have more to report in a few days.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SmileDahling; 05-14-14 at 10:29 PM.
    05-14-14 09:58 PM
    Anyone notice Connect to Dropbox doesn't work?

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    05-15-14 12:49 AM
    I'll just wait for a later leak. 10.3.1is still 6 months away. But I'm sure a stable leak will show up in a few months. I hate spending several hours in doing backup and setting up the way I've setup my phone now to just find out how raw the leak is.

BBQ10
    05-15-14 03:34 AM
    I have had it over 24 hours now, actually 36. Different email options but kinda cool! Battery still great, few other surprises. Everything works. I used to push screen to take pic, now I must push camera icon, no big deal. Keeping this leak til the next

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    Amit Karia likes this.
    05-15-14 03:45 AM
    I've had it for a few days now, but I've also added the .442 bars that are compatible. They made quite a difference, in terms of Android app performance. I'd suggest doing this, to anyone who has already installed 10.3.0.296. Using Sachesi, it takes a little while but is otherwise painless.

With respect to some of the points made above...
    • I'm not having any problem connecting to DropBox.
    • The File Manager icons are a little wonky, but not a big problem.
    • The camera app works better with the .442 bars.
    • BB World doesn't seem too slow to me.
    Amit Karia likes this.
    05-15-14 08:06 AM
    I loaded few days ago. Is pretty good. Few bugs :
    1. Email sound notifications didn't work but is another thread from where I download a notification file from the older. 140 OS and that allowed me to set the sound notifications.
    1. Keyboard light didn't work first but after couple of hours start working. Just before writing this post I restarted the phone after deleting Wikipedia app which was not opening any more with this OS and the keyboard light is not working again. The screen is very bright so I assume the light sensor is not working properly so this is why the keyboard is not lighting up. Suddenly the screen dimmed and keyboard light came back so is the light sensor for sure .
    3. I'm using outlook.com for sinking my contacts and calendar. The calendar when I want to add an appointment adds it for my outlook birthday calendar instead of my calendar even if I set the default calendar to my calendar. So every time I add a appointment I have to tap on calendar and set the right one.
    The rest works pretty well, I can definitely use this OS as my daily driver but I cant wait for a newer build with no pin watermarks and not need to add files from other OS's.
    On the positive side also my phone is barely have double typing now. I use to have to make corrections on every message I was sending and now is barely happening

Visit my BBM Channel ~ C000E96F6
    Amit Karia likes this.
    05-15-14 08:33 AM
    I loaded the leak last night and it works about 80% well. If you load it though be prepared for a very annoying 20%.

Here are some of issues thus far:

The file icons in file manager are not optimized for the Q10.
    The delete function in the hub is rather large and intrusive.
    There are some display bugs that pop up every now and then.
    My video works but my camera app doesn't seem to be responding.
    BlackBerry world is sloooooooow. So slow. And not optimized for our screen size.
    Takes an ever longer than normal time scanning the media card for pics or music.

---

That being said, if I can find a fix for the camera, I'll probably stick with this build. I like the difference between a lock and homescreen wallpaper. I really enjoy having my screen light up when I get a lock screen notification. Call me crazy but the battery life is very good, definitely matches the official OS. I think the new flatter UI is sharper and more modern looking. Also, the copy/paste bubble is so much easier to use. Lots of little improvements that make it worth it (for now) for me but might be too off-putting for most. It's obvious this is an early leak.

These are my initial impressions. I'm sure I'll have more to report in a few days.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you i guess problems are with different networks n handsets tooo !
    05-15-14 08:49 AM
    instead of 1000 words one of you could upload 1 video so we can decide ourselves
    thnxx
    Amit Karia likes this.
    05-15-14 08:53 AM
    One other thing I've noticed.

Since getting the Q10, I've been unable to get it connected to the campus WiFi where I work. I enter the network credentials and it just refuses to connect. I don't know why, but I had this problem with past BlackBerrys too.

Since installing 10.3, it just connects, no problem. I don't know what's different, but something clearly is.
    05-15-14 11:16 AM
    instead of 1000 words one of you could upload 1 video so we can decide ourselves
    thnxx
    Or you could load it up, try it out, and make up your own mind instead of relying on anyone else's opinion.

Now there's a novel idea...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:39 PM
    Or you could load it up, try it out, and make up your own mind instead of relying on anyone else's opinion.

Now there's a novel idea...

Posted via CB10
    Wow thnx I didn't know we could do that
    Everyone don't use their mobile to load leaks every week like you and I won't load it even after I see the video. I just wanted to see how it looked
    Thnx anyway

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:54 PM
    Wow thnx I didn't know we could do that
    Everyone don't use their mobile to load leaks every week like you and I won't load it even after I see the video. I just wanted to see how it looked
    Thnx anyway

Posted via CB10
    First you want a video so "we can decide ourselves", now you "just wanted to see how it looked"; so your either trying to save face or need to make up your mind.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:44 PM
    I'll say one thing: I don't want to do a non-restore upgrade again. Doing the Word Substitution entries by hand is tedious beyond belief. I wish we had much more granular control over what gets restored by Link.
    05-15-14 01:46 PM
    I'll say one thing: I don't want to do a non-restore upgrade again. Doing the Word Substitution entries by hand is tedious beyond belief. I wish we had much more granular control over what gets restored by Link.
    I counter that by making a list of all my word substitutions in Remember and sync it to my Exchange Active Sync account at work, alternatively you can also sync with Evernote if you don't have any EAS accounts.

Then it's just a matter of copy&pasting everything back which takes me all of 5-6 min.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and Amit Karia like this.
    05-15-14 02:52 PM
    I'be been using it as my daily driver since it came out. Only 1 issue i've found so far, and its VERY minor.

When i'm in a folder of apps, the name of the folder isn't centered, its right justified... which i'm guessing is an oversight that will be corrected during QA / is already fixed on Blackberry's end.
    rayporsche and Amit Karia like this.
    05-15-14 04:20 PM
83 1234