Hey Guys,
    I have owned Blackberry's for over 8 years, and the simplest thing seemed to be the most complex for me on the Q10. I started having power reset issues with my Q10 so Verizon ordered me another one. My problem is I can't seem to migrate my info from the backup I did on my old Q10!! I am using BB Link (which is horrible) and everything I have read so far is talking about a device switch from older OS to the 10. I have all my call logs, text messages, browsing history, and Password Keeper information that used to be very easy with the old Desktop Manager, and now it seems impossible to work with.
    PLEASE HELP!!!!
    kazn3r likes this.
    11-04-13 11:20 PM
    BB Link is really glitchy right now. I was able to back up my contacts onto link and then upload to my new phone, but I was going from curve to Q10. Is Link not uploading the information properly? Go from old Q10 first--then to BB Link. Plug in phone. It will prompt you to transfer data. Then plug is new phone and click transfer. That *should* work. If not maybe call tech support?
    11-05-13 12:31 AM
    I too am having issues. To start, my BBLink is on a Mac.

I get the SIM card error whenever I place my phone down, so I requested a replacement.

Received replacement. Backed up old phone (of which BBLink still tells me theres a small update .2030 needed, when my phone already has that). Plugged in new one.

3 hours and 4 tries later, my info still did not restore properly. To note, i had deleted all apps, all side loads...all I friggin needed was my wallpaper, pics, and contacts, that's it...and all of my email accts...

But nope... So I called ATT and said thanks but no thanks...

I sent back the replacement phone and I'll stick it out with this SIM error until my upgrade--or I may ask for them to send me another one. IDK, it's angering that I can't just swap phones flawlessly...It's really a shame.
    11-05-13 09:54 AM
    Oddly enough I had a Q10, ,returned it, then got another and that one was worse! IT didn't read my media card, so I returned to the one I originally had. Knock on wood, so far so good. I have a feeling there are a lot of glitches and dud phones out. Just judging from posts here---the Q10 is a great phone, but I think it's OS is still too new and I think BB may have pushed it out a bit too fast. Wanting to compete with Iphone, but I know many unhappy Iphone users who have upgraded to IOS 7. So, it's not just BB that's got unhappy users.
    11-05-13 01:24 PM
    I successfully migrated from my first Q10 to a replacement using Link. I don't remember how I did it because it all went pretty smoothly. I'm pretty sure I just did the "switch device" routine built into Link. Are you saying you tried that without success?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:13 PM
    ...it's angering that I can't just swap phones flawlessly...It's really a shame.
    Use Fire Chest Backup. It's free in BB World.
    11-06-13 01:46 AM
    Use Fire Chest Backup. It's free in BB World.
    I'll try it if I ask for another replacement. I returned the replacement phone already.
    11-06-13 08:42 AM
    I successfully migrated from my first Q10 to a replacement using Link. I don't remember how I did it because it all went pretty smoothly. I'm pretty sure I just did the "switch device" routine built into Link. Are you saying you tried that without success?

Posted via CB10
    First replacement in september went smoothly...backed up and then restored onto new device.

For some reason, this new replacement I just got (and just returned) wasn't restoring properly...

And I don't have double batteries and cords to do device switch. I'm not a Verizon store...

So, any who, I returned the replacement and I am keeping my old bb because I don't have time to fudge around with BB Link. I'll get used to "no sim card" error and 5 minutes rebooting time...nbd...
    11-06-13 08:43 AM