I remember in BBOS days that it was a good idea to delete sms messages because it took up a bunch of space and would slow the phone down, etc.

Is it still necessary to do that with BB10? I'd like to be able to keep all my texts, especially with a few specific contacts, but not at the expense of having a sluggish phone.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:02 AM
    I remember in BBOS days that it was a good idea to delete sms messages because it took up a bunch of space and would slow the phone down, etc.

Is it still necessary to do that with BB10? I'd like to be able to keep all my texts, especially with a few specific contacts, but not at the expense of having a sluggish phone.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that is an issue. Our phones has enough memory to store those things I would think. However, like anything else...if you load up with apps and save 10,000 sms then I bet the memory available gets used up.

Just a guess but I'm thinking there is a limit as to how many apps you can have open, installed, sms saved, etc.
    But someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If you backup your phone, your SMS are saved correct? I don't know if there is any SMS backup app for the Z and Q. Something to look into I guess. Just so people can have the copies save and they could possibly make some room on their devices.
    07-05-13 08:33 AM