I apologize if there has already been some discussion about this, but I couldn't find anything.

My favorite morning pastime is, about 4 seconds after waking up, deleting the slew of mail in my gmail account every morning. I also used multiple selection regularly to mark open emails that I may have wanted to read eventually but didn't want to appear as a new message. It seems as though this could be an even more powerful tool in BB10 because the Hub keeps all messages in one place (no need to individually delete or mark open gmail and then texts and then facebook, etc). However, this morning (my first with the Q10), I couldn't figure out how to select multiple emails at once to delete without the trackpad. What's worse, I had to open each one before I could delete it. That is going to be an annoying departure from my usual ritual with the trackpad/ball predecessors.

Is there a good solution? Thanks for the help.
    06-11-13 10:35 AM
    Tap and hold on one, then select more.
    Of if you want some serious mass deleting, tap and hold on whatever date of your choice, and mark prior read or delete prior.
    Jason Duke and Graheem like this.
    06-11-13 11:04 AM
    There's a "select more" option if you hold the email instead of tapping it to open it. Then just tap your way thru all the emails until they are selected, and choose an action to apply to all, say "delete".

Posted via CB10
    djslam likes this.
    06-11-13 11:05 AM
    Very handy, thank you. At the risk of breaking etiquette and asking a brand new question - I have about 10 different text message threads on my phone since I unboxed it yesterday. All are with people in my contact book (all of which was transferred over from my OS7 device. However, in 2 instances, the person's name doesn't show up in my messages list, just the mobile number. It's not a huge deal, but I could foresee it becoming a bigger problem? Thanks for the help for a newbie on the board.
    06-11-13 11:30 AM
    in the past we were able to delete a consecutive amount of emails by holding down the first, then scrolling til the last.

I know abt how to use the "select multiple" option, but how do u select a mass amount consecutively (for example my 480+ duplicated 'unfiled' reminders in the Remember app).

I can't imagine selecting them singly by the "select multiple" option. does anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:12 PM
    You can press on the date and after menu pops up select delete. Will delete all prior if that helps

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:10 PM
    you can't press the date on a Q 10
    06-17-13 08:45 AM
    Yes you can.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 10:46 AM
    Careful when doing this delete option. As noted in previous thread, "http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ff-z10-818680/ " people (me included) had deleted ALL emails.
    06-17-13 01:16 PM
    I have about 400 emails I received all in a row that I want to delete, on my Bold 9900 when this would happen I would select the first, hold down shift and scroll down on the trackpad, it would take about 5 seconds to delete all the emails. I received other emails on this day, and on earlier days that I want to keep on my phone. Is anything equivalent to the mass selection that the Bold 9900 (and almost every previous blackberry) was capable of?
    10-22-13 03:03 AM
    I have about 400 emails I received all in a row that I want to delete, on my Bold 9900 when this would happen I would select the first, hold down shift and scroll down on the trackpad, it would take about 5 seconds to delete all the emails. I received other emails on this day, and on earlier days that I want to keep on my phone. Is anything equivalent to the mass selection that the Bold 9900 (and almost every previous blackberry) was capable of?
    Outside of the delete all prior dated emails or selecting each individual email to be deleted outlined above, I don't think so. In a one off scenario like this, you'd probably best be served using your standard desktop/laptop browser interface quite honestly.
    10-22-13 03:15 AM
    Outside of the delete all prior dated emails or selecting each individual email to be deleted outlined above, I don't think so. In a one off scenario like this, you'd probably best be served using your standard desktop/laptop browser interface quite honestly.
    A slight variant that is a little faster. Pull down the menu, select "Select". Select first email you want to delete then while holding it, select the last one on the screen. Then, hold the last one you highlighted and scroll up to top, then select the bottom one in the list again, then repeat as necessary. Using this method, I was easily able to delete over 300 emails in minutes.
    12-09-13 08:05 PM
    Yes you can and this is how you delete mass emails, unless you want to tap and select individual ones, then hit delete.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 08:13 PM
    You can delete multiple emails by selected the dots at the lower right hand side, the select more. Then tap each email and hit garbage can to delete. Very easy. I get a lot of emails and delete them quickly.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 02:35 PM
    Yes, but it looks like you have to tap on one email at a time. On OS7, you can, e.g., search by sender, then quickly scroll through what you to get rid of (i.e., I get several emails a day each from a number of industry trades. If I don't pay attention for a week, I've got hundreds to delete. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap??? I'm assuming (praying) there's a way to do this faster. Delete by prior to date does not work for me.
    12-07-14 07:29 PM
    PFFFF. My 9930 does this FASTER than my laptop Why would they eliminate such a terrific function???
    12-07-14 07:30 PM
    You can filter through a search based on just about anything, for any field. From there, or from the hub or any of its subsections, you can place & hold your finger on a date. A side menu of options slides out from the right allowing you to mark prior read or delete prior.

+-keystroke queen-+
    mlsins likes this.
    12-07-14 07:37 PM
    PFFFF. My 9930 does this FASTER than my laptop Why would they eliminate such a terrific function???
    What are you talking about?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 07:39 PM
    I do it all the time. If you touch the date line at the top the menu bar on the right appears. One of the options is delete all. So, I search for a specific topic and then delete all of them at one time. Simple and quick.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 11:44 PM
    Yes, but it looks like you have to tap on one email at a time. On OS7, you can, e.g., search by sender, then quickly scroll through what you to get rid of (i.e., I get several emails a day each from a number of industry trades. If I don't pay attention for a week, I've got hundreds to delete. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap??? I'm assuming (praying) there's a way to do this faster. Delete by prior to date does not work for me.
    On BlackBerry 10 you can search by sender, subject content etc. In search results select the date bar. Then delete prior from the menu. Done.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-08-14 12:34 AM
    Will it then only delete shown emails, or all emails prior date?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 08:49 AM
    With 10.2, ATT version, I could "group by tapping the date and trash can " which would delete emails from the Q10 and PC. Now with 10.3, again ATT version, the same "group, tapping the date" will yield trash can bottom of screen and another trash can with arrow pointing downward. Tapping the trash cans will ultimately yield a notice that emails are deleted from BB but not PC. Ok, so you precede and reluctantly emails are deleted sentimentally, aided by a tapping "reset." SLOW. Many times Q10 starts to WARM up temperature wise. This procedure is TEDIOUS!
    12-08-14 11:54 AM
    Will it then only delete shown emails, or all emails prior date?

Posted via CB10
    In my example, it will delete all emails that are prior to the date that are also in the search results. Emails that are not in the search results are not affected. After deletion, select Cancel (meaning cancel the search) to return to your normal inbox.
    12-09-14 01:36 PM