I'm on the official verizon 10.1 OS, and I am having trouble deleting text messages from the hub.. whether I go into the hub or just text messages, when I hit delete nothing happens.. is anyone else having a similar problem? I'm sure there's a quick fix. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 01:29 PM
    ?? Any suggestions for help please! Come on guys I know there must be an easy explanation lol

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 07:51 PM
    Are you talking about deleting the convo or just one message itself?

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    12-25-13 08:40 PM
    Deleting a conversation..

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 09:45 PM
    When I long press on the convo, I hit delete on the right, click yes, and nothing happens lol

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 09:45 PM
    Did you try the old school method? Remember, battery pull? haha.. quite strange it's not getting deleted.. Well, I had a minor issue couple of weeks back related to power button and it got sorted out on it's own.. So, I would recommend to reboot your device(graceful reboot)
    12-25-13 10:11 PM
    Haha yes I did a battery pull, actually the first method I resorted too.. let's not forget haha, as amazing as this device is, it STILL is a blackberry. However, that didn't resolve the issue, hoping it just gets sorted out on its own like you said

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:49 AM
    I'm on the official verizon 10.1 OS, and I am having trouble deleting text messages from the hub.. whether I go into the hub or just text messages, when I hit delete nothing happens.. is anyone else having a similar problem? I'm sure there's a quick fix. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I'm having exactly the same problem! It's driving me nuts on my z10!!
    12-26-13 09:38 AM
    Is your device running a leak OS version? That could also be the cause

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:22 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Hold down on convo, click trash can, click delete, and nothing happens. No leaked OS, I got it yesterday for Christmas.

However, if you go in the conversation, click menu, and "end chat", it will work. I'm not sure what the difference is. It's sort of annoying. Maybe it will fix itself.
    12-26-13 12:29 PM
    No no leaks, official verizon OS 10.1 like I said. Yes very frustrating!!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 02:21 PM
    wow mine you just long press it highlights and then hit delete.

Simple IM on 10.1......
    12-26-13 04:06 PM
    Did you try going into the text chat, hitting the 3 dots (bottom right), and then tapping "end chat"?

Did you try deleting each individual text separately?

You can also try going to the root hub and selecting "text messages". Now your hub will only show texts. Tap and hold the date. The side menu will pop out on the right and you can tap "delete all prior"at the bottom. This will delete ALL texts before that date though.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:32 PM
    Yea I tried everything you just suggested. The only thing that works is what someone mentioned earlier and is actually going into the chat, and hitting end chat as opposed to just long pressing and deleting convo. As long as I can get rid of message threads I don't want, I'm happy lol

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 06:08 PM
    Maybe those messages were stuck in the hub. I had one before stuck in it. What i did was go into the settings in the hub. Then i changed the display style from "conversation" to "single message", the hub will "rebuild list" itself. The stuck message is gone. Then i changed back the display style to "conversation" to get my initial setting back. Try it, it might work for u too

Posted from JulieBerry
    12-26-13 11:28 PM
    Ok thank you Julie I will attempt this next time I come across this issue! Appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 08:32 AM
    The official OS on Verizon has a bug that prevents text messages being deleted from the root of the hub (long press, delete). You have to enter the thread and delete the message from there. This sucks as you can not bulk delete text messages by selecting multiple texts from the hub and then delete. The easiest way I've found to delete messages quickly is to open the thread, tap a corner of the thread or in between
    messages, click backspace on the keyboard then click enter.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 06:20 PM
    Ok thank you I appreciate that buddy

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 07:47 PM
    I tried everything that was suggested here but the message is still there, I have the official 10.2 software release from Fido. Any other suggestions???
    12-30-13 10:29 AM
    I've tried everything too...n they're still there...about 15 messages i can't get rid of n my whole texting system seems slow n up the creek...im on orange so gonna give them a call tomorrow n complain about my phone to them....see where it gets me this time!!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:23 PM
    Having same problem. Can't delete texts from display. Any fixes or is it time for a iPhone?
    01-01-14 08:18 PM
    Time for latest leak but different phone may work. Sucks these carries don't push these newer os out faster for those worried about running leaks.

Reg leaked 10.2.1.1925. Q10
    01-01-14 11:26 PM
    Maybe those messages were stuck in the hub. I had one before stuck in it. What i did was go into the settings in the hub. Then i changed the display style from "conversation" to "single message", the hub will "rebuild list" itself. The stuck message is gone. Then i changed back the display style to "conversation" to get my initial setting back. Try it, it might work for u too

Posted from JulieBerry
    Thanks for the tip; I'll try it to remove a stuck BBM.

Edit: thank you, it worked.
    01-01-14 11:36 PM