I can't seem to find anywhere how to delete a note on my Q10. Anyone have any idea? Thanks
    02-06-15 03:11 AM
    Hi, open Remember, find the note you wish to delete, don't open it, just long press it and at the bottom of the sidebar is the little dustbin.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    02-06-15 05:14 AM
    Perfect. It worked. Thanks for the tip.
    02-06-15 06:55 AM
    no problem. Generally that's the rule for any type of file or picture etc.

02-06-15 07:33 AM
    Yeah. Kinda figured that's how it works after this one. I'm a newbie of Q10 here..previously only used BlackBerry curves.

Thank you once again.
    02-06-15 07:53 AM
    Yeah. Kinda figured that's how it works after this one. I'm a newbie of Q10 here..previously only used BlackBerry curves.

Thank you once again.
    I came from a 9900 to a Z10 a couple of years ago. It's a fairly steep learning curve when going from legacy to BlackBerry 10 but when you get the hang of it, it's so much quicker. If youve got any other questions or just want some tips, I'm happy to help. Don't send me a private message though because I only check those rarely.

02-06-15 09:40 AM
    You might find this thread useful

Cool BlackBerry Hub feature

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=995081

02-06-15 02:09 PM
    I have another problem just came up. For my previous Curve, I used an email address provided by my local mobile service provider for the Blackberry ID. When I switched to this Q10, it won't accept this email address. Using another email address is not a problem, only now I can't restore data from the previous phone 'cos I cant log in BlackBerry Protect with the previous ID. Have you come across this issue? Is there anyway to fix this? Hope to hear good news from you.
    02-07-15 01:26 AM
    I haven't heard of this before, but I encountered a similar issue using the word prediction. When I tried to log in to certain sites and used word prediction to enter my email address, it would not recognise it as the correct username as the word predict had put a space after my email address.

However, all is not lost. If you can get to a computer, you can change your BBID here: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...7098565590.jsp

This is assuming that you can log in of course. I would suggest that if you can't log in on a pc, then maybe you're putting a capital letter at the start or something. I had problems when I had my bold because when I set it up my email address ended with @googlemail.com and somewhere alolng the line Google phased it out and it simply became @gmail.com. As I became accustomed to using that, I forgot that the former was my bbid and when I changed to a Z10 and went to log in I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Finally it dawned on me.

When you change your bbid, your account remains intact with protect etc. Also, did you make a backup of your Curve on a computer?

02-07-15 03:10 AM
    Hi

Yes I do have a backup of my Curve on PC. Actually I used bblink to restored the backup file to my q10 today. Totally forgot the restoring can be done via PC. Only problem (yes, another problem) is that I have all data restored except for the memos, over 150 in total. Do you have any idea about this?
    02-07-15 07:57 AM
    Hi

Yes I do have a backup of my Curve on PC. Actually I used bblink to restored the backup file to my q10 today. Totally forgot the restoring can be done via PC. Only problem (yes, another problem) is that I have all data restored except for the memos, over 150 in total. Do you have any idea about this?
    Hi u can restore everything but sometime does happen try rebooting the phone n then again restore everything. N yes u will love the q10 trust me.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 08:51 AM
    I did. Three times. Still didn't work. I really don't know why.
    02-07-15 09:19 AM
    Hi, the same happened to me but I was coming on to 10.0.0 so I assumed that had been corrected by now. If you still have your curve, you might want to try bluetoothing them across to your Q. With 150 notes, any solution beyond the sync and backup method is going to be time consuming. You've got a few options though. You can copy and paste the text frome each note into an email and send it to yourself and then copy and paste into the remember app, do the same thing but with a word document or (and this is better) use Evernote. I'm not sure if you can move native memos and notes to Evernote on legacy devices or not, but assuming that you can't, simply open Evernote on your curve or create an Evernote account first if you don't have one by downloading the app from BlackBerry world. Copy the notes one by one into Evernote and that's it really. Evernote syncs automatically with Remember once you have gone into settings, accounts, Evernote and logged in. Although this might seem like a drain, it's a more elegant solution as it puts your notes in a place where they are accessible from any device including PC's Macs and any phone or tablet, thus making them futureproof. You can either access them from the remember app on your Q10 or download the Evernote app if you prefer that interface. The other bonus of course is that once saved in Evernote, there is a whole plethora of things that can be done with it including adding attachments or voice notes etc.....

Sorry that there's no apparent quick fix for this, but maybe someone who has more immediate knowledge of transferring memos from legacy to BlackBerry 10 can step in.

02-07-15 01:01 PM