When i am typing a message on my blackberry often it there is a delay from when i type on the physical keyboard to when it appears on the screen. If i keep trying whilst this delay is occurring it will often miss out words or letters within words as it tries to catch up. This happens particularly when i am typing a long message or if i am typing a message to someone who i have a lot of messages from previously. However this is particularly annoying, it makes it very difficult to type messages sometimes and not a pleasant experience. Is this something that all blackberrys do or is there something up with my phone? is there something i can do about it? I really like my blackberry and i love the physical keyboard but this glitch more than ruins those positives for me.
    06-02-14 06:55 PM
    If this is happening on your text or SMS messages, I know what you have to do. You won't like it but you need to delete all those text messages and start fresh. Save them all or back them up and reset your text message app. It's going to continue lagging until you do.
    06-02-14 07:39 PM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry! Could you please post your phone version (from your post, either a Q10 or Q5?) and software version please? It will m ake it easier for someone to find a solution for you.
    To see this info, type myver into a search box, or open Settings and scroll down to "About".
    You can also put this info into your forums profile so that you don't need to add it to every post.

(Woops, jaydee, in the time it took me to type my resoonse you slipped in there and fixed him up - good job! and I type slowly-haha)

When i am typing a message on my blackberry often it there is a delay from when i type on the physical keyboard to when it appears on the screen. If i keep trying whilst this delay is occurring it will often miss out words or letters within words as it tries to catch up. This happens particularly when i am typing a long message or if i am typing a message to someone who i have a lot of messages from previously. However this is particularly annoying, it makes it very difficult to type messages sometimes and not a pleasant experience. Is this something that all blackberrys do or is there something up with my phone? is there something i can do about it? I really like my blackberry and i love the physical keyboard but this glitch more than ruins those positives for me.
    Last edited by Ragbert; 06-02-14 at 07:45 PM. Reason: slow typist here
    06-02-14 07:41 PM
    Hello thanks for your replies I am using a blackberry q10, I'm using os 10.2.1.3175. I've deleted my messages so I shall see if that helps. Is this quite a common problem, I've never had this problem with another phone but this is my first blackberry
    06-03-14 05:42 AM
    I've had this problem too. It used to happened when I had way to may old texts in my phone. Disturbingly though, it happened recently and I only have a 2-3 weeks of text. I'd hate to have a phone that needs deleting that often

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 07:13 AM
    I have this mainly on bbm and only when I type long message.

Posted via my french Q10
    06-03-14 08:47 AM
    I have 9 months of text messages stored on my Q10, many with picture attachments, and I haven't experienced this. So maybe there is something else involved here. Did you have the delayed typing before updating to 10.2.1.3175?

Hello thanks for your replies I am using a blackberry q10, I'm using os 10.2.1.3175. I've deleted my messages so I shall see if that helps. Is this quite a common problem, I've never had this problem with another phone but this is my first blackberry

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    06-03-14 02:00 PM
    I run into that problem with certain text fields on web pages. It's often so slow that I end up drafting the message in an email and then pasting it in the text box on the Web page. CrackBerry's mobile site doesn't have that issue for the record. Some full version vbulletin sites do though.

I've never had this issue with any of the messaging apps on the phone though.
    06-03-14 03:27 PM