Evening all from the UK.

I have won a Q10 on Vodafone but want to use on Three or EE. When it gets switched on there is a Vodafone load screen that comes up and the phone is locked.

Anyone know of good sites to get this unlocked but also is there a way to remove the custom OS and put on a 'sim free' version so removing all the custom things and make it like it came from BlackBerry?.

Many thanks

Dan
    05-26-13 02:55 PM
    Evening all from the UK.

I have won a Q10 on Vodafone but want to use on Three or EE. When it gets switched on there is a Vodafone load screen that comes up and the phone is locked.

Anyone know of good sites to get this unlocked but also is there a way to remove the custom OS and put on a 'sim free' version so removing all the custom things and make it like it came from BlackBerry?.

Many thanks

Dan
    The load screen is controlled by the SIM card.. e.g If you put in say a T-Mobile SIM, it will show the T-Mobile load screen. etc etc. When you have it unlocked and use the EE SIM, it should show the EE load screen. Unless Voda did something different to their devices that I'm unaware of. In any case, you can get your device unlocked here - http://crackberryunlocking.com/
    mobmandan and geekaren like this.
    05-26-13 03:01 PM
    Thanks for your quick reply.

Processing the unlock now so just waiting on the code.

Dan
    05-26-13 03:13 PM
    I'm using a T-mobile sim in the UK but no branding on mine

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:38 PM
    I've seen a BlackBerry 10 load screen once (with sim in). Every other time it's been AT&T

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 04:13 PM
    I've seen a BlackBerry 10 load screen once (with sim in). Every other time it's been AT&T

Posted via CB10
    I never seen anything on Telus device. It was there on the OS7 devices, but not on OS10
    05-26-13 04:17 PM
    My Q10 is straight from BlackBerry. No carrier involvement.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:43 PM
    Phone has been unlocked and can confirm the Vodafone splash screen is no more. Tried an EE and Three SIM in and both times where it used to have a white screen with a red Vodafone logo it is replaced by a black screen with BLACKBERRY 10 instead.

Very happy thanks
    05-27-13 01:18 PM