BBs' largest user base is OUTSIDE the U.S.,,, plain & simple,,, so it's only logical they're going to sell to them 1st...
    05-25-13 03:13 PM
    Whatever we did to make you so angry we can't get a Q10 until literally all other countries on earth have it first, please tell us. We are very sorry and will never do it again.

Love Always,

The USA
    You're not missing much. make sure you test it before you buy it because they are rubbish!
    05-25-13 03:16 PM
    You're not missing much. make sure you test it before you buy it because they are rubbish!
    Lol matter of opinion really eh.

Posted from my Q10
    05-25-13 03:52 PM
    Made me smile...

It really is a shockingly bad strategy all over again, so I have to give benefit of the doubt that there are logistical reasons for the staggered device releases.

Really hope upcoming devices release in the US first or close to it, as they should.
    The USA doesn't actively sell the phone. From what I have heard, American stores have their blackberry displays shoved into the back corners, and the people working at the stores actively dissuade people from purchasing it or checking it out. Whether that is due to some sort of spiff they aren't getting with blackberry that they are getting from sh1tty mac or Samsung I don't know. What I know is that America showed no love for BlackBerry during the companies recent challenges, and just moved onto whatever new piece of crap apple released or Samsung. I doubt this factored into their decision, and it is probably mostly based on return on investment in a market as flooded with technology ad the USA. However I'm sure they are aware of who supports them, and who doesn't. You will be getting it soon. But the markets that are good to blackberry get them first. It's economics.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 04:09 PM
    They released one phone that they can not get to work and you want them to release a second? Be grateful that they are waiting to find out why the Z10 does not work. Besides they have run out of room to store any more returned product.
    ^this is ********.

Posted via CB10
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    05-25-13 04:12 PM
    BBs' largest user base is OUTSIDE the U.S.,,, plain & simple,,, so it's only logical they're going to sell to them 1st...
    You could make an argument either way, I think.

On one side, if BBRY already owns those other markets, making them wait a few weeks wouldn't hurt. Get the shiny new stuff where the people don't want the old stuff at all. And where frankly BBRY had the most to prove.

On the other side, I'm betting BBRY wanted to have some initial stats to brag about in US from their early sales in more established markets.

Or it was due to either the carriers and/or supply issues, and there was no strategy at play at all. Maybe we'll know one day.

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-25-13 06:24 PM
    **BlackBerry

We need to make sure they know we are 100% sincere with this apology letter

I sometimes search #Q10 on Instagram to see pictures of the Q10, and I see that even people in villages in Africa have Q10s already.

It really does feel like the United States is being cruelly punished for all but abandoning BlackBerry over the years. I've put it in my mind that I probably won't have a Q10 until late June on T-Mobile, after being told "mid to late May" by BlackBerry. It's so frustrating, but I know all the frustration will be replaced with excitement when I finally get a Q10.
    Sprint probably won't get it till August(late summer). Consider yourself fortunate....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-26-13 08:49 PM
    Made me smile...

It really is a shockingly bad strategy all over again, so I have to give benefit of the doubt that there are logistical reasons for the staggered device releases.

Really hope upcoming devices release in the US first or close to it, as they should.
    I don't think its a bad strategy.

USA far and large hated BlackBerry - not just the products but the brand as well - going by BGR, Engadget, The Verge, MobileSyrup, etc etc. If you ran a business would you goto the market that has the LEAST revenue potential for a brand new product and platform when you're trying to rebuild your image? doubtful. You'd go where your image still is very strong, people still far and wide love your products (consumers & business), and create the buzz to lead you into the smaller market ... its a way to whet the pallet so to speak. So far ... its working!
    Erik Lehman likes this.
    05-26-13 09:19 PM
    Yeah it must suck to have crystal blue waters and warm weather year round.
    Lol fair enough. But this ain't 'bout that *Kanye voice*
    mush10 likes this.
    05-27-13 02:52 PM
    honestly, I think this is a supply issue more so than people think. Because it was supposed to be released in late may but got pushed back and reports have suggested that production has had to ramp up in order to meet demand. And also, the us is HUGE in terms of both population and size. think about it. Every verizon and ATT and tmobile store has to have at least a couple q10's in stock. if you look at it, there are a LOT of stores in the us! this means a LOT of q10's have to be made to stock them. either way, itll be june next week and we should hear from carriers this week about it. I just hope AT&T announces something soon
    05-27-13 10:04 PM
    Whatever we did to make you so angry we can't get a Q10 until literally all other countries on earth have it first, please tell us. We are very sorry and will never do it again.

Love Always,

The USA
    It's a marketing ploy by blackberry to gain hype, excitement and get back some market share they have to sell it first outside of the US.

If they released it in the US first and sales were lackluster that will affect sales in other regions of the world as perception would be the device is not selling because it's not up to par with other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:15 PM
    BlackBerry isn't in a position where they command that level of market share, so it makes sense that they can't demand the phone release at the same time worldwide.
    Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    Its been 4 months since the unveiling! No matter what position BB is in, I'm sure 4 months is long enough to get it in every market they intend to sell to!

STILL WAITING IN AUSTRALIA FFS!
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-27-13 10:28 PM
    Carriers. And their incessantly, constant, worthless testing

Posted via CB10
    nappp likes this.
    05-27-13 10:38 PM
    Dear USA..

Please realise there are more important markets and nations in the world than you these days. Like ours.

Yours sincerely

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and all our other colonies.

PS... the above is only intended as a joke and is factually incorrect.
    All facts were false at time of typing.
    Typist takes no responsibility for the factual inaccuracies of the above statement.
    This is not a confidential post, and is made to cause as much confusion and upset as possible within 2 paragraphs.
    All the above was posted from My BlackBerry Q10 which I got before you did, so ner ner nerner ner

Posted from my Q10
    I'm in the USA, and that was" down right funny" right there!

Posted via my Zee 10
    Snazy likes this.
    05-27-13 10:45 PM
    Dear USA..

Please realise there are more important markets and nations in the world than you these days. Like ours.

Yours sincerely

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and all our other colonies.

PS... the above is only intended as a joke and is factually incorrect.
    All facts were false at time of typing.
    Typist takes no responsibility for the factual inaccuracies of the above statement.
    This is not a confidential post, and is made to cause as much confusion and upset as possible within 2 paragraphs.
    All the above was posted from My BlackBerry Q10 which I got before you did, so ner ner nerner ner

Posted from my Q10
    Can definitely appreciate the humor!

The Q10 has me excited for reasons I don't quite understand. I know that like any other device it can fulfill my needs, but not all my wants. And yet...I can't wait for the release!
    anon(375378) likes this.
    05-27-13 11:33 PM
    Oh we lied to me ??? WTF... USA is not the center of the universe ? Damn i learned one thing today
    05-28-13 01:14 AM
    It's a marketing ploy by blackberry to gain hype, excitement and get back some market share they have to sell it first outside of the US.

If they released it in the US first and sales were lackluster that will affect sales in other regions of the world as perception would be the device is not selling because it's not up to par with other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    I would believe that if there was actual marketing behind the device. In the US right now, the only people who know this device is coming are the ones that already want it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-28-13 02:28 AM
    Q-less the USA is for now,
    When can we get one or how ?
    Well, you can if for those willing to spend some extra bucks,
    I for one, agree that waiting sucks...
    kevinnugent and geekaren like this.
    05-28-13 03:28 AM
    Can definitely appreciate the humor!

The Q10 has me excited for reasons I don't quite understand. I know that like any other device it can fulfill my needs, but not all my wants. And yet...I can't wait for the release!
    I'm in the USA, and that was" down right funny" right there!

Posted via my Zee 10
    Glad you both appreciated a little light hearted humour
    Most probably didn't read the whole reply, so missed out on all my effort to amuse them

You both deserve Q10's NOW for having a sense of humour.
    05-28-13 11:30 AM
    I would believe that if there was actual marketing behind the device. In the US right now, the only people who know this device is coming are the ones that already want it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Well how many people actually want it in the USA is the better question. We shall see.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-28-13 07:08 PM
45 12