My friend has been using her Q10 for over a year now. Just few days ago, without warning, her Q10 went off and won't boot back on. No blinking lights and PC or link can't read it either. I've tried every trick in the books and yet no dice. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way I can bring the phone back to life?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 03:04 PM
    If not done yet, start by pulling out your battery, connect your charger and power on the phone. Then disconnect your charger, replace the battery and try to power on the phone.
    10-12-14 03:13 PM
    Thanks Josh for your comment, but let me emphasise again, I've tried every trick and everything I know of, including what you just suggested. I just wanna know if there's anything else I could do.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 03:19 PM
    Well, you didn't list what you've already tried
    The fact that there is no blinking red light is a bad omen though.
    Next step is the autoloader. There is a "special" step by step guide in the BlackBerry 10 OS thread for unresponsive phone.
    10-12-14 04:02 PM
    Well I've tried the battery pull trick, charging for several hours trick, tried the autoloader trick, tried the SIC wipe trick, I'm I missing something else?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 04:31 PM
    My Q10 went down, just like your friends. And I tried everything, including the kind suggestions from Josh. All to no avail.

Have packaged up the phone and sent off for professional help. A bit frustrating as I am on the road for an extended trip. Fortunately, I had a back up Z30. I think your friend is at the same stage - time for professional intervention. Hope all works out for the best.
    10-13-14 05:51 AM
    Well I've tried the battery pull trick, charging for several hours trick, tried the autoloader trick, tried the SIC wipe trick, I'm I missing something else?
    Did you try :
    • Pull of the battery
    • Don't connect your phone and run the autoloader on your PC
    • When you have the "Connecting to bootrom" prompt, connect your phone via USB, THEN put the battery back

But again, no blinking light means bad omen...
    10-13-14 06:56 AM
    I experienced the same. I removed sim card and SD. Then connected to recharge (without battery)....and I saw for few seconds the yellow led switched on.

I connected and disconnected so many times that I was getting sick and tired. I left it charge (no led on) for 24 hrs...then disconnecting, and again 24 hrs. No signal of life....After 2 weeks, abandoned the phone in a desk with the battery inside, I switched it on unvoluntarely ...and suddenly red led and then charging the OS!! Miracle...apparently it is a software bug that happens with many Q10....unluckily!

I wish you can resume your phone same as it happened to me!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:49 AM
    I experienced the same. I removed sim card and SD. Then connected to recharge (without battery)....and I saw for few seconds the yellow led switched on.

I connected and disconnected so many times that I was getting sick and tired. I left it charge (no led on) for 24 hrs...then disconnecting, and again 24 hrs. No signal of life....After 2 weeks, abandoned the phone in a desk with the battery inside, I switched it on unvoluntarely ...and suddenly red led and then charging the OS!! Miracle...apparently it is a software bug that happens with many Q10....unluckily!

I wish you can resume your phone same as it happened to me!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man, im gonna try this and give feedback after two weeks, hopefully it'll resurrect like yours
    10-13-14 01:35 PM
    Well seeing as this just happened to my q10 last night. This thread gives me some hope.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 10:03 PM
    Remove the battery and connect charger alone. If it give red light means battery need replacement

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 10:08 PM