Hello there,

This is my first post on CB forums and I'd like to start off by saying that I have been a long time reader of the CB forums. A BIG thank you to all those who post such wonderful material here. Now on to my question.

I recently switched from a Bold 9780 to a Q10. And I exhausted my monthly limit in the 2 days I have been on the handset. My browsing habits:

a) Very little usage in office (whats app, a few minutes of Facebook/ LinkedIn/ Twitter, an occasional email)
    b) Always on wifi at home.

Mu usage habit has not changed a lot since I moved handset. And I did all my migration/ OS upgrade while on Wifi. Any clues on where I should look to find out what destroyed my data consumption?

Thank you.
    08-15-13 06:49 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

BIS compressed data for you on legacy devices.

BB10 is like any other phone and uses data as any other phone.

I too had a 9780 on BIS. Monthly would sit around 300mb. Now, with pretty much the same use I am bordering 2GB. Don't be alarmed. There is nothing wrong with your device.
    08-15-13 07:02 AM
    Thanks for the welcome. But wow, I am not worried about something wrong with my device. It's just that I did not see this coming. I have installed the Data Usage app to check exactly how much. Shame BB10 does not have this built in. Don't suppose they are still accepting enhancement requests?
    08-15-13 07:30 AM
    Thanks for the welcome. But wow, I am not worried about something wrong with my device. It's just that I did not see this coming. I have installed the Data Usage app to check exactly how much. Shame BB10 does not have this built in. Don't suppose they are still accepting enhancement requests?
    C'mon man, it's the second iteration of the OS, the thirds is coming out, things will be added.

As for you not seeing the big data coming your way, you should have implied it when news of BB10 won't use BIS gone official. Getting that app was a good move! The API that will allow it to run in the background is just fresh out of the dev-oven.

Only good things to come!
    Mskadu likes this.
    08-15-13 08:33 AM
    I saw it, but the implication did not connect. Anyway, I am not twiddling my thumbs waiting for 10.2 to become GA.
    08-15-13 09:05 AM
    I saw it, but the implication did not connect. Anyway, I am not twiddling my thumbs waiting for 10.2 to become GA.
    Good, it shouldn't be long anyway.
    08-15-13 09:11 AM