Q10 uses a lot more data but that's the trade off for performance. I barely used 300mb on my 9900, now I have a 3GB plan that I use at least 2GB of every month.
    Ya know, I tried to use data as much as possible with my 9930 before switching to the Q10. I got up to about 1.5 -2 GB in a month. Mostly from downloading stuff and using hotspot.

Now on the Q10 with LTE, I just checked and I've burned 3GB in 1 week with no hotspot! I don't really care as I'm on sprint and thereby unlimited, but it amazing how much more you will use data when it's fast, efficient, and convenient. I went from the Bold averaging a 0.8 mb/s connection to LTE ranging from 15-25 mb/s

Posted Via CB10 using the power of "Q"
    12-24-13 07:08 PM
    I'd like to see a report on that. An actual scientific study please - with controlled tests and a sample size more than 1 (preferably in the 1000's and various use cases). Please have it submitted by the end of the week. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Ya. No kidding. "Source" plz.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 10:59 PM
    I've used a lot more data recently as well. I find myself connecting to every Wi-Fi hotspot I can find so I dont go over my data cap...

BB will get back up in time.
    12-25-13 09:29 AM
    Jeez no one listened to the OP. There is clearly something wrong in his plan. He's getting charged $$$ for data yet it's not using his 500mb allowance.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:32 AM
    OK, you're right. All these people reporting 5-10x more data usage DOING THE SAME THINGS THEY USED TO BE DOING WITH THEIR BOLDS -- are just lying or making it up. AT&T is giving data usage credits because they want to. Be real.
    Yes more data use than a Bold on BIS. Obviously.

More data than an iPhone doing the same thing. I doubt it. Can you point to a study showing this?

Seriously, I know you miss BIS, but let it go. It's gone. The new paradigm is better, but there are always tradeoffs.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 11:34 AM
    Something is wrong with the OP billing that's for sure. But as far as my extra data usage which is unrelated to his (correction, her) issue, I know it's just because I have an awesome phone and data, so I'm using the heck out of it.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Last edited by axllebeer; 12-25-13 at 03:53 PM.
    12-25-13 11:44 AM
    Yes, it soulds like the OP is on a BIS/BES plan, but using a BB10 device so the data he does use goes outside the free (BIS and/or BES) data and so he gets charged for it. I had the same thing happen when I tested an early Android phone with the SIM out of a BB5.0 device. Android browsing was billed as tethered data. But someone early on suggested the OP check with the carrier about the plan.
    12-25-13 02:03 PM
    Hi all- i did indeed check with my provider (I'm a she btw). I now have unlimited data for a very good price. Only thing with Bell is that it's not 4g. I'm on the H for unlimited but I'm not noticing any difference in my phones functionality and i can use my phone without worry of going over my data.

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    12-25-13 03:34 PM
    Hi all- i did indeed check with my provider (I'm a she btw). I now have unlimited data for a very good price. Only thing with Bell is that it's not 4g. I'm on the H for unlimited but I'm not noticing any difference in my phones functionality and i can use my phone without worry of going over my data.

Posted via CB10
    Ah yes Bell. They're still doing strange things with BB10 devices like setting the APN to BlackBerry.net

Glad you got a solution. H means HSPA which should give you 21MBps. Not LTE, but also not as hard on the battery if you get into marginal areas.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 05:01 PM
    I'm sorry but I have seen other posts saying people are using 20GB of Data a month! This can only happen if they download movies on their phone constantly! There is no ways that you can use 20GB of data and you have been using your device carefully and wisely!

Pounded on the best BB10 device - Q10
    12-28-13 08:02 AM
    I'm sorry but I have seen other posts saying people are using 20GB of Data a month! This can only happen if they download movies on their phone constantly! There is no ways that you can use 20GB of data and you have been using your device carefully and wisely!

Most people aren't talking about data usage relating to downloading movies. People understand that if they are downloading movies, they are driving up data.

The problem is with your very comment "using your device carefully and wisely."

That shouldn't be a requirement. People are using their device just like they did with BB7 -- that's the benchmark -- and experiencing widely more substantial data usage.

Once again, Blackberry has taken a competitive advantage and just ditched it, like some many other things, from push email to performance conveniences. It's like they set out to intention ruin the company. Now they are an also ran.

Just saw an ad on TV for a new app: "available on iPhone and Android devices.". Ooops. Guess they didn't think we'd want to use apps. Maybe they thought we were riveted to BBM, as if texting was su0ch a problem.
    12-28-13 08:45 AM
    It's hard to imagine anyone in the US making a comment like this one below, unless they have been living under a rock.

Nobody here wants BB7 data. One of the reasons BlackBerry lost so many customers is because they were the LAST to get LTE!

Without LTE, there would be no BlackBerry now. The idea of BB7 being the benchmark is a joke... a bad one at that.
    That shouldn't be a requirement. People are using their device just like they did with BB7 -- that's the benchmark -- and experiencing widely more substantial data usage.

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    12-28-13 09:22 AM
    No, it uses a lot of data just existing, independent of any web browsing. Yes, the web browsing is much better and something I would pay a premium to be able to do, for browsing. Not basic operations.
    I totally disagree with that. I had a 9900 and now the q10. My habits are the same. I did use a lot of data my first month playing with it. I have be tracking my usage and really nothing has changed other then I been downloading some apps to try out. Some were big and I didn't care if I was on wifi. I'm sure each persons use will be different but I guess I'm no data hog as I average around the 500mb area. I don't bother to use wifi in my hotels either as it seems to be more annoying then useful.

Leaked 10.2.1. 1925. Happy till the next one
    12-28-13 09:41 AM
    It's hard to imagine anyone in the US making a comment like this one below, unless they have been living under a rock.

Nobody here wants BB7 data. One of the reasons BlackBerry lost so many customers is because they were the LAST to get LTE!

Without LTE, there would be no BlackBerry now. The idea of BB7 being the benchmark is a joke... a bad one at that.

Posted via CB10
    You just don't get it. That's ok, you're with many others.

It's not that people are asking for BB7 back. BB7 is still there -- and out-selling BB10 three to one for many of these reasons. It's that BB99xx evolved after a decade or more of user experience and technological improvements. The functionality evolved for a reason.

It's not that Blackberry should have stayed with BB7...it's that the next generation of devices for Blackberry should have taken the baseline that is/was BB7 and improved upon it on every front possible, retaining the functionality that distinguished BB99xx while taking things to a new level, faster, better, more efficient. Instead, few things are better and many are worse or no better, given the improvements in technology, including data efficiency. Didn't happen. The browser is better, as would be expected, and is probably the best on the market, although the clunky navigation makes the decision to drop the trackpad especially flagrant and irresponsible. The camera isn't up to par w technological advancements. The battery is a lot more powerful, but battery life isn't. Overall, it's a disaster. Must be one of the worst product launches in history, with so many billions of dollars in lost value.
    12-28-13 09:42 AM
    No you don't get it. The browser is such a small part of the LTE experience. Not to mention, you do NOT use data for "normal" functions! Do some research.... educate yourself.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 09:57 AM
    You just don't get it. That's ok, you're with many others.

It's not that people are asking for BB7 back. BB7 is still there -- and out-selling BB10 three to one for many of these reasons. It's that BB99xx evolved after a decade or more of user experience and technological improvements. The functionality evolved for a reason.

It's not that Blackberry should have stayed with BB7...it's that the next generation of devices for Blackberry should have taken the baseline that is/was BB7 and improved upon it on every front possible, retaining the functionality that distinguished BB99xx while taking things to a new level, faster, better, more efficient. Instead, few things are better and many are worse or no better, given the improvements in technology, including data efficiency. Didn't happen. The browser is better, as would be expected, and is probably the best on the market, although the clunky navigation makes the decision to drop the trackpad especially flagrant and irresponsible. The camera isn't up to par w technological advancements. The battery is a lot more powerful, but battery life isn't. Overall, it's a disaster. Must be one of the worst product launches in history, with so many billions of dollars in lost value.
    Amazing how you can type all this jibberish without addressing the thread topic once.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 09:59 AM
    It's all about frequency of use folks, and type of files accessed.

Most photos these days are over 3 MB each, a 5 minute video can be over 40 MB. Most websites can be over 4 MB in size depending on content. Having a LTE connection means you increase your frequency in which you access these types of files. You load moar stuff in the same time frame as compared to 2009-2010.

I noticed that on bbm when I received photos they are lower quality (16 kb). You have to request the HQ photo which if sent from a s4 can be 3 MB. I received 20 of these last week and cost me maybe 60 Mb. This all adds up, especially if you view images of any kind.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 10:56 AM
    True...it's how often and how much. You can do SO much more with LTE.

I'm amazed people still buy 9900's.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:02 AM
    People still like legacy devices because of the free Internet! When people had legacy devices, having apps didn't bother them as that was the phone to have but now since everyone has gotten Samsung and iPhones, everyone is used to having those apps! When people buy a phone, they just want to switch it on and be able to go into the app store and download all the main apps!

They do want all this rubbish of loading leaked os and sideloading! They don't have time...

LTE is the best! I love having LTE as the Internet and downloads load so much faster than RG or HSDPA+

12-28-13 11:52 PM
44 12