I got the q10 on day 1 of the T-mobile release and all was good for about a week. Suddenly, it seemed like every 6-10 times i set my phone down, it would reboot. After about a week of this, and many wipes, resets and other problem solving techniques, I called foul and got a warrantee replacement. All was well for about two weeks, then it started happening again! I have updated to the newest OS (10.2), and still am suffering. I love this phone like my own child, but this damn reboot issue is making me BATTY!

Any help or suggestions??
    10-21-13 02:29 PM
    Fold a business card in half and cut it about the size of your battery. Put the folded business card between the battery and the battery cover. *****Not between the battery and the phone********* My problem has been resolved. Hasn't rebooted since I've done this.
    dierre and Sin_Nombre like this.
    10-21-13 02:36 PM
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 04:07 PM
    I had the reboot issue as well and just switched with a different factory battery. Not one single reboot since.
    dierre likes this.
    10-21-13 05:05 PM
    Try cleaning the contacts on the phone and the battery using a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol.

I had my Q10 reboot once when putting it down. I cleaned the contacts and it has not happened again.

If cleaning the contacts doesn't fix it, send it in for service. If they didn't send you a new battery with your replacement phone and cleaning the contacts doesn't cure the problem, it may be your battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 05:41 PM
    Mine was fine too for about the first week. I was patiently waiting for a software update to fix the problem. It started happening 6-20 times a day. I use headphones quite often so I would notice almost everytime it happened. I ended up deleting every app I had to try to make sure it wasn't a bad app doing it. Then 3days ago I noticed it happened when I set it down on the table, so I tried gently tapping my finger on the back of phone and it went into reboot. Several times I did this. So I cut a piece of a note card, folded it in half, and wedged it between my sim card and battery, hasn't rebooted since....

Posted via CB10
    Sin_Nombre likes this.
    10-21-13 06:48 PM
    .... same prob.
    ........ and f...k yeah the solution with the business card worked!!!
    but this can't be the key!!! anyway thx!!!
    10-22-13 02:41 PM
    I have not had any reboots on mine. I would say get another replacement, but is it possible the leaked OS is causing the problem?

I got the q10 on day 1 of the T-mobile release and all was good for about a week. Suddenly, it seemed like every 6-10 times i set my phone down, it would reboot. After about a week of this, and many wipes, resets and other problem solving techniques, I called foul and got a warrantee replacement. All was well for about two weeks, then it started happening again! I have updated to the newest OS (10.2), and still am suffering. I love this phone like my own child, but this damn reboot issue is making me BATTY!

Any help or suggestions??
    10-22-13 03:29 PM
    Fold a business card in half and cut it about the size of your battery. Put the folded business card between the battery and the battery cover. *****Not between the battery and the phone********* My problem has been resolved. Hasn't rebooted since I've done this.
    Thanks this was my work around for my first Unit and I can vouch for this 100% because my Q10 would reboot at least 3 to 5 times per day. I noticed that it wouldn't just powercycle while it's sitting there it happen only while slightly tapping it against a hard surface.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 03:43 PM
    Try cleaning the contacts on the phone and the battery using a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol.

I had my Q10 reboot once when putting it down. I cleaned the contacts and it has not happened again.

If cleaning the contacts doesn't fix it, send it in for service. If they didn't send you a new battery with your replacement phone and cleaning the contacts doesn't cure the problem, it may be your battery.

Posted via CB10
    Yes alcohol and a Q-Tip is good at least 90% + but if you can get you hands on a copper oxide pen it works wonders even with slight moisture damage corrosion.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 03:45 PM
    I have same issue. Replacement device arrived today. Will backup and restore to it later, and follow up.

Since I put a new sim card in, i have less reboots, but I still have reboots, so I know it's the hardware.

I am not doing any business card brouhaha...i wasted enough money on business cards with my Storm!
    10-22-13 03:56 PM
    You can also fix with a little tape. Take short pieces of scotch tape and put like 3 to 5 - just shy of battery length size strips- on one side of the battery. It will be just enough to fill the thin gap between the battery and the battery cover and make it fit snug so the battery doesn't move around. Have had not a single issue since doing this.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 04:44 PM