I realize it isn't BB's fault, it's the App developer's failure to create a BlackBerry App because they lack confidence in the sustainability and popularity of BlackBerry. However, that doesn't alleviate my frustration that I cannot run credit card transactions through my BBQ10. Even side loaded, the merchant's app (I'm using Chase Bank) doesn't work, and the "card swiper" device plugged into the earpiece port is "unrecognizable". ("The Cube" credit card processing doesn't support BlackBerry either, and charges a higher user fee)

I'm off to buy a cheap, used android to use ONLY as a credit card terminal. Any advice which device I should purchase? It'll be through AT&T (I have a family plan with them and can add a phone with no additional charge). I have access to an old I-phone, but I don't want to have to carry around a separate charging chord.
    08-07-14 07:12 AM
    BlackBerry needs to address this. It is basic stuff like this that is bad for 'business'.
    08-07-14 07:20 AM
    Look at getting a Nexus phone. They have the best support from the OEM, and are generally pretty cheap ($350 or less brand new).

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 07:21 AM
    Nexus. Ok. Thanks. I'll look into it. Know nothing about it. I was thinking in th $99 range. I've never owned any smartphone other than a BlackBerry.
    08-07-14 08:35 AM
    I realize it isn't BB's fault, it's the App developer's failure to create a BlackBerry App because they lack confidence in the sustainability and popularity of BlackBerry. However, that doesn't alleviate my frustration that I cannot run credit card transactions through my BBQ10. Even side loaded, the merchant's app (I'm using Chase Bank) doesn't work, and the "card swiper" device plugged into the earpiece port is "unrecognizable". ("The Cube" credit card processing doesn't support BlackBerry either, and charges a higher user fee)

I'm off to buy a cheap, used android to use ONLY as a credit card terminal. Any advice which device I should purchase? It'll be through AT&T (I have a family plan with them and can add a phone with no additional charge). I have access to an old I-phone, but I don't want to have to carry around a separate charging chord.
    I used and tested my Z10 and Z30 with Square Inc and it worked just fine.
    08-07-14 08:44 AM
    Good to know, but their user fee is too high. 1% more then the average. Big difference when you process thousands a month.
    08-07-14 08:57 AM
    Good to know, but their user fee is too high. 1% more then the average. Big difference when you process thousands a month.
    You talk about Chase Bank. The lowest rate you can get is 1.99% + .35cents per transaction and that is for the qualified tier. Then 2.68% and 3.75% for other tiers. Plus 9.95 per month and additional charges for PIN transactions. What tier do you have?

Square is 2.75% with no extra charges.
    08-07-14 10:01 AM
    I used and tested my Z10 and Z30 with Square Inc and it worked just fine.
    I used my Z30 with "Paypal Here" and it had some minor hiccups (the same type of hiccups iOS users had) but overall it worked fine also.
    08-07-14 10:28 AM
    I'll double check my rates at Chase and let you know. Maybe I'm the sucker.
    08-07-14 10:55 AM
    I'll double check my rates at Chase and let you know. Maybe I'm the sucker.
    Also, did you do a full business case for each of the card processing? Take three months of transactions and compare all fees and costs and do a cost analysis. That is the only way to know for sure.
    08-07-14 11:20 AM
    I downloaded the Square Register app from the Mobile 1 Market to my Q10 and it works fine.
    I've used it about 8 or 9 times without any issues. You can also download the Square Register app from Amazon or Android Central.
    Payment w/ Square has been the next business day and there aren't any monthly fees.
    08-07-14 03:28 PM
    Been using Paypal Here with its chip and pin card reader from my Z10 with no problems for the past two months. (latest BB10 OS). Star thermal bluetooth receipt printers are very expensive. Was wondering if a cheap Android compatible bluetooth receipt printer would work. Much better to give a customer a paper receipt. Anybody tried a non-Star chinese printer?
    08-22-14 07:32 AM