I have been off and on with Blackberry for several years. I last used a Bold in 2011. Whenever I was NOT on a BB, I used my iPhone. Literally...I've had them all from the original to the 5.

Anyhow, the Q10 caught my eye, the keyboard, the design etc.
    I actually switched to AT&T from Sprint in June, and chose the iPhone 5 over the Q10 then. 45 days later, I sold my iPhone 5 and got a brand new sealed Q10 off eBay with the cash.

I have two questions:

Is there a way to "Sync" my notes from iCloud to my BBerry?
    If not, what is a similar, secure, note app? I use them for everything.

IS there a way to set "Instant dial" hotkeys?
    *what I mean, on the Bold, I could hold down the "M" key and it would call my moms cell.

Last question:
    Is there a way to set the phone for "auto off/on" ?
    On bold, I could do this......

Thanks
    LOVE the Q10.
    A few side loaded apps, and the best keyboard on ANY device. Plus the battery life is not touched.
    07-27-13 09:54 PM
    Also, any one using a Commuter OtterBox?

I currently use a BB OEM Leather pocket case with screen protector. But getting paranoid about dropping phone when im using it.

How do you like the otter?
    07-27-13 10:05 PM
    I have been off and on with Blackberry for several years. I last used a Bold in 2011. Whenever I was NOT on a BB, I used my iPhone. Literally...I've had them all from the original to the 5.

Anyhow, the Q10 caught my eye, the keyboard, the design etc.
    I actually switched to AT&T from Sprint in June, and chose the iPhone 5 over the Q10 then. 45 days later, I sold my iPhone 5 and got a brand new sealed Q10 off eBay with the cash.

I have two questions:

Is there a way to "Sync" my notes from iCloud to my BBerry?
    If not, what is a similar, secure, note app? I use them for everything.

IS there a way to set "Instant dial" hotkeys?
    *what I mean, on the Bold, I could hold down the "M" key and it would call my moms cell.

Last question:
    Is there a way to set the phone for "auto off/on" ?
    On bold, I could do this......

Thanks
    LOVE the Q10.
    A few side loaded apps, and the best keyboard on ANY device. Plus the battery life is not touched.
    Not sure about your 1st question, sorry!

For your 2nd question, yes you can set individual speed dials but it is different from the way you previously were able to. You cannot "speed dial" from home/main screen. To use assign and use speed dials you must have the dial pad up on your screen first to set a letter. For your example, you would do the following. From the home screen tap the left bottom phone/call icon. Then tap the last icon on the right to bring up the dial pad. Hold down the letter "M". It will say there is no speed dial associated and ask if you want to add one. Click, yes. Find your Mom in the list and hold it down until it is added. Now your Mom will be set for letter "M". Here's the key though. In order to use that speed dial you will always have to pull up the Dial Pad and then hold in "M". So it's actually slower than using Instant Action. Meaning it's faster from the home screen to just type "Mom" and click on her and call. It's far less steps. I definitely think the Speed Dial function is a waste. I use either Instant Action or Faves. For Faves, open your Mom's contact info and click on the star in top right corner. Now when you go into your contacts she'll always be on the top in a separated section. So there's a couple options. None are perfect, but they all work.

Lastly, the Q10 doesn't currently have an auto on/off like the Bold. The closest thing is bedside mode. When you plug the charger in you can swipe down on the clock and that will turn off notifications sounds. Additionally you can set it so in bedside mode it will not ring either. You can do this with or without being on the charger, but tapping the clock icon and swiping down. The clock will turn orange.

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    07-28-13 12:25 AM
    Bedside mode is perfect for what I need, had no idea. Ty
    I'll check out speed dial options.
    If anyone knows about cloud sync let me know.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 09:27 AM
    If anyone knows about cloud sync let me know.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I don't own a q10 yet, waiting on Sprint, but I believe the Remember app works this way, from watching the video reviews on youtube. You can attach weblinks, videos or pictures into folders with notes, and its integrated with Evernote and Box I believe for cloud storage...check out a video review on it, might be what you're looking for..don't know how to get notes off icloud though...
    07-28-13 07:48 PM