I just recently performed an official OS update for the Q10 and I coincidentally started having the dreaded double type issue... Any possible link or is this always hardware related?
    12-29-14 11:30 PM
    There are lots of reports regarding coincidence of double-typing after an OS update has been performed. However virtually all of them were related to hardware down the road. I recall some pretty rare cases were double-typing was indeed related to a specific leak and it disappeared after the user downgraded again to a previous version.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 12:10 AM
    I'll wait till 10.3.1 and see then. Thanks!
    12-30-14 12:25 AM
    No. It's definitely a hardware issue.

There is even a post somewhere showing how to disassemble the keyboard and fix it.

It would however be possible to mask it in software by removing double characters typed within very short time. That could unfortunately affect people typing really fast.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    12-30-14 01:09 AM
    I hate typing on touch screens but this is seriously making me thinking of switching. This will be the second time I send in the Q10 for repairs regarding this issue... Not cool, Blackberry.
    12-30-14 02:09 AM
    I have used leaks and hat doble type errors on the majority. Recently I went back to the official 10.2 and never had any double type error. I belive it's a software problem or it can be fixed by sowtfare. 1 month of use on 10.2 and no double type problem.
    Now I'm back on latest leak, let's see what will happen.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:03 PM
    I wasn't using a leak tho. Never have so I'm inclined to think jpvj is right.
    12-30-14 04:55 PM
    And just like that, I realized that it's been several months since any double type issue, even tho I changed nothing at all... Weird.
    11-19-15 12:06 AM
    Mine is definitely hardware-related. Fortunately I have found some workarounds and can use my Q10 just fine. I never wanted to mess with sending it back or replacing the keyboard. My typing issues have actually improved over time the more I use the phone! I can't explain it but it was definitely the keyboard itself. But using it and using it and using it... the problems have kind of smoothed out and are not so bad anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 03:39 AM
    Mine is definitely hardware-related. Fortunately I have found some workarounds and can use my Q10 just fine. I never wanted to mess with sending it back or replacing the keyboard. My typing issues have actually improved over time the more I use the phone! I can't explain it but it was definitely the keyboard itself. But using it and using it and using it... the problems have kind of smoothed out and are not so bad anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Would you care to mention those workarounds with the community?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 05:10 PM
    Would you care to mention those workarounds with the community?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, very interested, too.
    11-19-15 05:48 PM
    The latest update resolves almost all double typing. Even some really bad cases.
    11-19-15 07:14 PM
    I installed the os 2636 and didn't liked it and installed the older version of 858 and suddenly there was no double typing issue.

BlackBerry q10
    11-19-15 07:18 PM
    I can tell you that in some severe cases, it is indeed a hardware issue, but the software can compensate for it to eliminate double typing.

The latest update actually eliminated double typing for many people, including myself.

If you are having issues with your keyboard, replacing it is fairly easy as you can simply follow the tutorials for it on Youtube.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 07:31 PM