Soooo... on my way to pick up my company-issued Q10.

Should be reeeeeeeaaaaallllly interesting to have a personal Z and a corporate Q. I am anxious to see which I have more resonance to ref the keyboard vs. the larger screen real estate of the Z.

Love the Z, kinda miss the physical keyboard though, even thoough the Zs virtual keyboard is starting to grow on me --- I think I am just now getting accustomed to it. Otta be interesting.

I'll share my thoughts having the opportunity to double-fist both of them.
    chiko_tosca likes this.
    07-15-13 09:44 AM
    Cant wait to hear your opinions on both devices!
    07-15-13 10:25 AM
    well, VERY EARLY, initial observations/impressions (take this with a grain of salt --- this is the initial "knee jerk" stuff... LOL)

1) Always hunting for the track pad...(where is it) gotta get used to that.

2) Miss the blackberry button (so engrained in my being from the Bold 9780)

3) Would love to make the Q screen icons smaller (as the real estate has shrunk vs. the Z)

4) Feels good in my hands.

5) I, personally, am still quicker with the physical keyboard than I am with the Z.... though, I must say, the Zs keyboard HAS grown on me.

Still trying to figure out if I miss the screen real-estate of the Z vs. the Q.

It will be interesting to see which I will feel more comfortable using as time goes on
    rudyalexc likes this.
    07-15-13 12:56 PM
    I love the Q and its keyboard, and no matter how much I played with the Z in the stores, ( a lot) I couldn't get used to the virtual keyboard--just me I'm sure, but it took me like 5 minutes to type a couple of sentences. I'm just a keyboard lover. I did like the "swipe-up gester" on the predictive text though-really cool! After using the Q for about 4-5 hours I no longer thought about the BB Key or the trackpad--and I was absolutely certain that I would miss those two items. The only complaint I have and it's really not a complaint, is that it can be trying at times when you type fast, make mistakes and have to edit it--the last update improved the "circle" text finder but still it's a pain. With that part in mind, yep the 7.1 devices were better at cut and pasting but still a minor issue that I'm sure will be corrected over time. Lucky you for being able to have both phones! Envious!! LOL
    07-15-13 01:09 PM
    Agree with your findings. I have the Z and Q also. I didn't care for the Q at first but man have I changed my mind.

One thing I did do is shrink the font a bit. Helped to make things feel a bit better. I might suggest you give it a try. I made things feel less compressed on the smaller screen.

Posted from my Q10!
    07-15-13 01:27 PM