Hi. Third day on my Q10, so far so good, few gripes but nothing beyond the usual 'new phone' awkwardness.

On my torch I used to snap pictures and bluetooth them to my macbook. Would love to do this on Q10 but despite pairing, the mac switches from Connected to Not Connected the second I try sending pictures.

So I connected the usb cable. Bloody thing doesn't appear as an external HDD anymore.

Don't even mention L**k.

What can I do?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 09:22 AM
    You actually have tons of options that are better than the bluetooth route anyway. I have a mac and Z10. For USB you have to make sure you have your phone set to Mass Storage in settings then it should show up as a drive again.

You can also set up Blackberry Link and it will sync wirelessly. Or, what I do, is set up a cloud drive that shows up as a folder on your Mac (like Dropbox, etc) and have your phone set to auto-upload to that service. That way, your photos are always on your computer instantly.
    05-12-13 09:28 AM
    Just install BlackBerry Link, connect the BB, sync - that's it.
    05-12-13 09:47 AM
    No that is not "it".

You'll see in BBLink to enable media to sync by going into Settings and then selecting your BB10 device on the bottom. It's not enabled by default.

Copying pictures to mac-screen-shot-2013-05-12-1.41.04-pm.jpg
    note: specific to picture they'll auto import into iPhoto. (you'll actually see iPhone launch quickly import and then close automatically).

Second option:
    Pair using Bluetooth - if you have a 2012+ Mac then both support Bluetooth 4.0.

Third Option:
    Enable USB Storage mode and use Finder to drag and drop.
    05-12-13 12:42 PM
    Turn on share via wifi, then map a drive to you Z10.. can you do that on Mac?

On my pc I don't have link or blue tooth or a cable plugged in. Everything I do is through wifi wireless and my pc picks it up as soon as walk in the house, it's awesome

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:46 PM
    Turn on share via wifi, then map a drive to you Z10.. can you do that on Mac?

On my pc I don't have link or blue tooth or a cable plugged in. Everything I do is through wifi wireless and my pc picks it up as soon as walk in the house, it's awesome

Posted via CB10
    Share via WiFi ... be more specific to help someone who's asking and is not aware You don't need to map a drive once its listed.

(however if you need to manually in Finder, or once its selected as the current app, in the menu bar, select "GO" menu then 'Go to Folder' or 'Connect to Server' ~ that's how I'd do it on OSX).
    05-12-13 12:54 PM
    Share via WiFi works. Bit rubbish that I can't bluetooth them because it's easier, and connecting the phone to the mac is a no-no due to my setup. Thanks for the replies everyone - share via WiFi is what I'm running with

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 11:13 AM
    FYI this process on a Mac requires iPhoto '11, a $14.99 value.
    11-23-13 01:10 PM