Hi everyone

I rely heavily with copy and paste functionality and realized that it is very inconsistent with the q10. More thn 80 percent of the time I am not successful in copying phone numbers /text. Do other people also have this issue ?

Thanks
    Andy
    06-22-13 06:34 AM
    Yes, ,many people have voiced their opinions but the poor text selection with the Q10. Nothing can match up to how it was with the trackpad.
    Personally I think its a hassle as well. But in the end, I just take my time when selecting text, and I get it done eventually. it sure isn't a make or break deal for the Q10. Still a grwat phone.
    06-22-13 07:44 AM
    It is a little bit hard at first, but after doing several copy/paste actions you will know exactly how to place your finger on the screen to copy the text .

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Q10 !
    06-22-13 07:51 AM
    Is it just me being terrible at it or is it impossible to copy/paste from this Crackberry app?

Posted via CB10
    CarGuy1368 likes this.
    06-22-13 10:21 PM
    You description of it being inconsistent is accurate. Some places it works great (i.e you can even place the cursor at the beginning of the area you want to select hold shift and touch the end of the area you want to select and presto or use the normal method) and in some place such as trying to select a phone number from a contact you can't select at all.
    Some places work after multiple tries and some only with the standard method of simultaneously the beginning and end.

Posted via CBQ10
    06-22-13 10:31 PM
    I find it terrible on everything. Hope they update this issue

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    06-22-13 10:42 PM
    It is a little bit hard at first, but after doing several copy/paste actions you will know exactly how to place your finger on the screen to copy the text .

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Q10 !
    Yes, after the first day of using my phone I got very skilled at copy and paste as well as using the text selection circle. I guess the adaption will take longer for some people.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:50 PM
    Is it just me being terrible at it or is it impossible to copy/paste from this Crackberry app?

Posted via CB10
    I know! Whenever I try to hold down on text in a post, all I get is the menu that comes up on the right.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hold your finger over the post you want to copy. The right bar will appear choose the third item it's the reply with a quote
    Here you can hilight the specific text you want.

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    06-22-13 11:56 PM
    Took me a few times of doing the copy/paste to get it right. I was moving just a hair too fast away from the copy option. Now I do a bit of a split second hesitation....works like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 03:13 AM
    If they could add a feature where in the browser you hold "alt" or "shift" and select with your finger, it would be quite nice since we don't have trackpads anymore.

We need some sort of shortcut to start the "selection" process. On the side of the screen there should be a static "copy,paste,cut" etc... after pressing or holding alt/shift to allow you to copy exactly what you want and how much.
    Just my .2

Posted via CB10
    Tonypbb likes this.
    06-23-13 06:47 AM
    If they could add a feature where in the browser you hold "alt" or "shift" and select with your finger, it would be quite nice since we don't have trackpads anymore.

We need some sort of shortcut to start the "selection" process. On the side of the screen there should be a static "copy,paste,cut" etc... after pressing or holding alt/shift to allow you to copy exactly what you want and how much.
    Just my .2

Posted via CB10
    Shift does work often. Just not everywhere.

Posted via CBQ10
    06-23-13 07:07 AM
    I wonder if they could integrate the functionality of the keyboard with the touchscreen as if the touchscreen was a trackpad. Why not be able to press certain keys and then move your finger on the screen to copy, cut and paste?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:21 AM
    The cursor/circle functionality has really improved from the original release on my Z10, and I find it very effective now. But, I still have a lot of problems with cut and paste. Have not been able to figure it out yet. I hope BlackBerry improves it in future releases!

Posted via Z10
    06-23-13 10:21 AM
    I wonder if they could integrate the functionality of the keyboard with the touchscreen as if the touchscreen was a trackpad. Why not be able to press certain keys and then move your finger on the screen to copy, cut and paste?

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY - very good suggestion (DEVELOPERS TAKE NOTE].. The keyboard should be used for far more things than just text input. but it seems like the developers have chosen to keep the OS / functionality the same for Z10 and Q10. Yes I know there are a few minor keyboard shortcuts on the Q10, but there should be a ton of tasks (using Alt, Shift, Caps, etc) to help navigate around this new BB10 environment
    06-23-13 10:25 AM
    I have to agree with the copy and paste procedure is not the greatest. There are a few areas that need to be looked at by BlackBerry for improvement.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 10:41 AM
    I can't seem to copy numbers from my text messages. If I tap and hold on it, the menu doesn't come up. If I just tap on it, it starts dialling it in phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 02:48 AM
    I have the same issue. Copy and paste and select are just FRUSTRATING. Last night, I tried to edit a long e-mail and couldn't - the Q10 e-mail just froze. I could put the cursor where I wanted it but couldn't delete to correct a typo. Annoying.

In the end I had to change the recipient, e-mail the message with the errors to myself, open it on my outlook desktop client and manually edit it there. Not the most elegant solution for a �530 smartphone, but it worked...
    07-05-13 06:30 AM
    EXACTLY - very good suggestion (DEVELOPERS TAKE NOTE].. The keyboard should be used for far more things than just text input. but it seems like the developers have chosen to keep the OS / functionality the same for Z10 and Q10. Yes I know there are a few minor keyboard shortcuts on the Q10, but there should be a ton of tasks (using Alt, Shift, Caps, etc) to help navigate around this new BB10 environment
    I think the issue is trying to use the same OS for the Q10 with a keyboard and the Z10 without a keyboard - but I agree, if you bought a Q10 for the keyboard it should be used for more than just text input!
    07-05-13 06:32 AM
    Why not just search the dozens of existing copy/paste threads rather than create a new one with all the same comments....... just from new commentators?

Posted via CBQ10
    07-05-13 06:57 AM
    Personally I think its impossible. I hold down a word and 80% of the time it doesnt even highlight anything at all. This is BY FAR the most hated thing on this phone. Im not even gonna try it again, Im just gonna resort to typing everything out, it sucks so bad
    12-22-13 01:49 AM
    Hi, did you update to 10.2 already? Personally, the copy-paste function with the 10.1 was really bad. With 10.2, it got a lot better. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's heaven and earth when I updated to 10.2.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 01:58 AM
    Not ,a very good application of the task, poorly thought out.

Posted on my BlackBerry Q10, because I'm so Bloody Special.
    12-22-13 04:48 AM
    The "Alt + C / V / X" is something I miss, trying to tap on the copy and paste icons on the screen, half the time I keep tapping at them and then lose the selected text! I do agree, having the screen act as a touch pad, and or using say Alt, to start the text selection process. I'm not sure if OS upgrades will improve the sensitivity on the screen, but I do hope so, that would help massively with copy and paste in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:28 AM