hello can anyone help me; with OS6 I was getting a copy of my sent emails (am on gmail) in my outlook (laptop) but with my new Q10 (OS10) I don't, I do see a copy in my sent folder in my webmail gmail but I don't get a copy in my outlook (laptop)

for some reason I also get emails in my BBQ10 in double sometimes triple !!!!! don't know why ...........................................

in my BBQ10 settings when set up on when delete delete on server to I still get it later when I download my emails on my laptop - outlook !!!!!

thank for help !!!!!
    04-26-14 02:37 AM
    hello can anyone help me; with OS6 I was getting a copy of my sent emails (am on gmail) in my outlook (laptop) but with my new Q10 (OS10) I don't, I do see a copy in my sent folder in my webmail gmail but I don't get a copy in my outlook (laptop)

for some reason I also get emails in my BBQ10 in double sometimes triple !!!!! don't know why ...........................................

in my BBQ10 settings when set up on when delete delete on server to I still get it later when I download my emails on my laptop - outlook !!!!!

thank for help !!!!!

First of all, the way email works on a BB10 device is very different than the way it works on a legacy OS device. It's pretty much identical to how other smartphones work today - ie iphones, Android, Windows Phone, etc.

And there are a variety of different ways you can connect a BB10 device to email - in particular, 3 main types of connection protocol: POP3, IMAP, and Exchange ActiveSync. (EAS)

So in order to get started, we need to at LEAST know which type of protocol you are setup with this account with. If we are talking about Gmail - and if you recently setup this account - then that is likely to be IMAP. But to make things even more interesting, Gmail does not use a standard implementation of IMAP either - Google's system has its own idiosyncracies.

Gmail is also highly configurable, so there are a variety of settings that can be changed that will affect how it will work on a mobile device. These have to be changed on the Gmail website.

Here is an overview document I made last year to try to explain some of the general concepts of email on BB10 and how it compares to the old systems:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...yncing-777774/
    04-26-14 03:05 AM