Funny, I have my Q10 for some 6 months now and just noticed it. When the phone reboots the BlackBerry icon shows in a purplish color. As it loads there is a progress bar that continues to encircle the logo. What I just noticed is that if you press down and hold any part of the screen the center of the logo changes and lists the percentage that the loading is up to.

Anyone have any other little feature that is usually overlooked?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 06:30 AM
    This has been there. It's great right!?
    02-28-14 06:48 AM
    That's been there since day 1 release of the z10 and q10. Cool feature

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-28-14 07:14 AM
    I noticed this the first day I got my Z10.
    It's a cool feature.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-28-14 07:38 AM
    02-28-14 07:48 AM
    I had assumed that it was always there and that I had just noticed it. Thats why I posted it. For others like me that just overlooked it. And, in hope of discovering others that I've overlooked. Features that are important we come across. These little "extra's" get overlooked. I only discovered it as I was bored waiting for the phone to reboot and began tapping the screen for no reason

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-28-14 08:00 AM
    Took me a while to notice that as well. I also only saw the scroll bar on the z10 yesterday the bar that allows you to select hub open apps or app page number.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 08:03 AM
    Thank you. I had not noticed this and probably wouldn't have unless I found it by accident like you did.

I hope people don't stop sharing things like this. Just because some people find a feature on day one doesn't mean everyone does. Plus, if things go well, BlackBerry will be adding new users and they would like to know about these things too. Maybe CrackBerry can pass out cookies to those that like to point out to others that they found it on day one.

Posted via CB10
    artie likes this.
    02-28-14 08:11 AM
    Try to load the 1927 version and you'll see a different startup screen IMO better than the purple one. I just don't know if it shows the boot percentage when touched as I never tried it.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 08:13 AM
    Took me a while to notice that as well. I also only saw the scroll bar on the z10 yesterday the bar that allows you to select hub open apps or app page number.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what you're referring to

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 02:55 PM
    Not sure what you're referring to

Posted via CB10
    Believe he's talking about how on the bottom of the screen there are short cut icons for the hub (envelope) then numbers indicating what page of apps.
    02-28-14 03:20 PM
    Believe he's talking about how on the bottom of the screen there are short cut icons for the hub (envelope) then numbers indicating what page of apps.
    Could be. I reread it and still can make it out!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:44 PM
    There are those on these forums that come across as smarmy and "know it all" and it shows in how they respond to posts. I hate that s**t!!! We ALL started from the beginning (as BlackBerry babies) and NOBODY knows EVERYTHING. Thanks for sharing your personal discovery.

*The biggest deterrent to new BlackBerry users are the users themselves.*. Word?

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    03-01-14 07:25 PM
    Funny, I have my Q10 for some 6 months now and just noticed it. When the phone reboots the BlackBerry icon shows in a purplish color. As it loads there is a progress bar that continues to encircle the logo. What I just noticed is that if you press down and hold any part of the screen the center of the logo changes and lists the percentage that the loading is up to.

Anyone have any other little feature that is usually overlooked?

Posted via CB10
    Yah I just found that out yesterday. Crazy

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:01 PM
    The same as the Z10 has...
    03-01-14 11:27 PM
    I stumble this feature accidentally when I was trying ti wipe out a Lil smudge on the phone.

via Q10
    03-01-14 11:40 PM
    4 Diagonal swipes from top right to bottom left in the hub causes it to restart. Type google 'search term', or yahoo 'search term' will search that respective search engine for whatever term you type. Type play 'song name' will launch music app and start said song. Type fb blah or tweet blah will post whatever you type to Facebook status or compose a tweet without having to open the respective application. Screen shot by pressing both volume buttons simultaneously. Alt + left shift for symbol lock, alt right shift for cap lock (old but overlooked) Pressing 'S' in browser starts a page-wide search for whatever term you want. That's not much but it's the only things I could think of that I found on my own. Hell, most of it is Search related feature but I digress.

Posted without the help of autocorrect on my Q10, 10.2.1.1925
    jayjahed, candykyut and Sonbejube like this.
    03-02-14 02:57 AM
    The only reason I mentioned the browser search is because I found it not 10 minutes before finding this thread. Can't believe I never noticed that in the overflow menu.

03-02-14 03:00 AM
    Could be. I reread it and still can make it out!

Posted via CB10
    Hi yeah sorry I (she) was on about that. Lol didn't really know how else to explain it. It means you don't even have to swipe to get to the hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 07:03 AM
    It's cool!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 07:07 AM
    4 Diagonal swipes from top right to bottom left in the hub causes it to restart. Type google 'search term', or yahoo 'search term' will search that respective search engine for whatever term you type. Type play 'song name' will launch music app and start said song. Type fb blah or tweet blah will post whatever you type to Facebook status or compose a tweet without having to open the respective application. Screen shot by pressing both volume buttons simultaneously. Alt + left shift for symbol lock, alt right shift for cap lock (old but overlooked) Pressing 'S' in browser starts a page-wide search for whatever term you want. That's not much but it's the only things I could think of that I found on my own. Hell, most of it is Search related feature but I digress.

So many little tricks, just to add a couple to yours. while in browser, press L and refresh the browser session, B - bottom, T - Top, U - brings up the address bar.. Another old one, not sure if its been mentioned before about the Q - hold "left ALT + right shift + Del will reboot the phone.
    03-02-14 12:15 PM
    Also old, but if we're doing those, in calendar, M for month view, d for day, w for week, p for previous n for next. I find those major

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:24 PM
    So many little tricks, just to add a couple to yours. while in browser, press L and refresh the browser session, B - bottom, T - Top, U - brings up the address bar.. Another old one, not sure if its been mentioned before about the Q - hold "left ALT + right shift + Del will reboot the phone.
    Also, for certain apps (including Crackberry), pressing N scrolls down the lists and texts and P scrolls up.

I'm still not sure why certain apps don't allow you to use this keyboard shortcut though

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 09:28 PM
    Oh by the way, you can keep holding both volume buttons it will also reboot the phone

Cheers,
    03-08-14 10:46 PM
    You can place Web link shortcut icons to your home screen.
    Cool and convenient little feature-img_20140309_133008.png

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:34 PM
29 12