So my sim card started acting up. My Q10 threw errors about it not being recognized. It's my fault since I used a sim cutter to get it @ nanosim size, and then having to shave it down a bit to fit it back into a microsim adapter since I don't use my previous phone anymore.

Long story short, I went into a local and very busy T Mobile store to get a replacement microsim. The rep who finally helped me started giving me the spiel about new phones until he caught a glimpse of the Q10 I had out. He asks, "Is that a Q10?". I tell him 'Yes. My first Blackberry". He then goes into his Blackberry love story and how he hated the non keyboard BlackBerry devices. I told him that this phone has fast replaced my Windows phone.

After the small talk, he hands me a new sim card activated with my account and says 'This one's on the house. Enjoy your evening.'

Very cool dude. I was expecting an utter ********* when I told him what phone I had. I walked away feeling pretty good and thankful.

I typed all this on my (new to me) Q10. Thanks for reading!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:01 PM
    Great story.

BlackBerry still has fans everywhere

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-06-14 10:05 PM
    Yea, they're not all pushing Samedung. I find T-Mobile one of the more better stores to go to. Too bad they don't yet have the coverage of AT&T. But I thank them for stirring up the industry here, I now have better service and lower rates.

When I went to upgrade my 9810 a while back, I went with something different. The lady was surprised I didn't get a Z10. She asked if I was sure if I wanted to stray. It's all good though. I picked up a new, unlocked Q10 several months ago.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr.Willie; 10-06-14 at 10:40 PM.
    10-06-14 10:24 PM
    Yea, they're not all pushing Samedung. I find T-Mobile one of the more better stores to go to. Too bad they don't yet have the coverage of AT&T. But I thank them for stirring up the industry here, I now have better service and lower rates.

When I went to upgrade my 9810 a while back, I went with something different. The lady was surprised I didn't get a Z10. She asked if I was sure if I wanted to stray. It's all good though. I picked up a new, unlocked Q10 several months ago.

Posted via CB10
    Samedung. I have to say, that is a new term. Lol

In the crevices of my house where T-Mobile's coverages stinks, I use Wi-Fi calling on my Q10. I love that.
    swishhh likes this.
    10-06-14 10:50 PM
    BlackBerry is rocking Mr Chen is the correct man

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:21 AM
    I have Sprint, just got my Q10 yesterday. When activating my BlackBerry she asked if this was a replacement phone for my note2. I said no this is my upgrade! She's like no one really seems to get the BlackBerry I said well people use them and there are no others like them. She started going into the iphone6 I was like no been there.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:08 AM
    10-07-14 06:39 AM
    Samedung. I have to say, that is a new term. Lol

In the crevices of my house where T-Mobile's coverages stinks, I use Wi-Fi calling on my Q10. I love that.
    BlackBerry's auto correct has a sense of humor. It is smarter than we thought.

As for TMO, I have always had a positive experience in their stores with regards to respecting my Z10. (Their problem solving competence though has been hit or miss though.)

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:38 AM
    When the reps (phone or in store) pull my record up, with Tmobile, they can see that we have three BlackBerrys and my long list of history with BlackBerry devices. They have been quite polite and respectful. Although one rep did blame Chen for the BlackBerry and Tmo falling out. Just told her to do more research.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Carjackd and mister2d like this.
    10-07-14 10:33 AM
    BlackBerry's auto correct has a sense of humor. It is smarter than we thought.

As for TMO, I have always had a positive experience in their stores with regards to respecting my Z10. (Their problem solving competence though has been hit or miss though.)

Posted via CB10
    No, it wasn't auto correct, it was intentional. I despise Samsung and their business practices more than some people claim to hate Apple. (Is it because their mommy won't get them an iPhone cause they keep their room messy? ) Look Sammy did to Pioneer, LG, HTC, tried to do to Apple, and are in the process of doing to Dynaston (the vacuum cleaner company.)

I got a T-Mobile SIM for my 9810, unfortunately there was a lot of places where I didn't have service, and I do with AT&T, so it was a no go. When I did this, the Z10 had just come out and the store manager was using one. Said he liked it. Two weeks later he changed his tune after himself and everyone else was experiencing the early troubles with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    10-07-14 10:51 AM
    I will never buy a Samsung washer, dishwasher, tv, laptop, phone, stove, speaker, audio system... same goes with LG. NEVER!!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:10 PM
    But would you marry a sexy sassy Korean girl?

I will never buy a Samsung washer, dishwasher, tv, laptop, phone, stove, speaker, audio system... same goes with LG. NEVER!!

Posted via CB10

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    crackavelli likes this.
    10-10-14 12:55 AM
    I have Sprint, just got my Q10 yesterday. When activating my BlackBerry she asked if this was a replacement phone for my note2. I said no this is my upgrade! She's like no one really seems to get the BlackBerry I said well people use them and there are no others like them. She started going into the iphone6 I was like no been there.

Posted via CB10
    They do this to me every time I go into my local AT&T store. I just hand them my Z30 and say bend this. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock and Marthaelisa17 like this.
    10-10-14 12:56 AM
    So true! BlackBerry is great quality. IPhone is overrated. One thing I've learned is people need to do their own research and not buy into advertisement. I prefer a phone that doesn't bend. Lol plus I got tired of making calls with a brick. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-10-14 07:26 AM