Greetings;
    I just got my Q10 back from a keyboard repair and am trying to restore my phone. I've re-entered my e-mail details and now have my calendar info on board, but I gather I have to use my BB id to restore my regular and BBM contacts. When I click on the Blackberry I.D. button in the upper right of the BB link screen I get a message claiming that I have cookies turned off and must turn them on to continue. Well, cookies are turned on, I know that because I had to turn them on to post this. I almost always have cookies turned off and only turn them on when it's required. I've trying turning them on and rebooting my laptop and get the same message. I'm using a MacBook Pro and latest version of Firefox. Is any one else having this problem?

Is there any other way to restore contacts rather than the BB I.D.?

Any insights greatly appreciated. Not looking forward to re inputting hundreds of contacts and going through the tedious chore of re-inviting BBM contacts.

Thanks, Kire
    04-14-14 10:28 PM
    Greetings;
    I just got my Q10 back from a keyboard repair and am trying to restore my phone. I've re-entered my e-mail details and now have my calendar info on board, but I gather I have to use my BB id to restore my regular and BBM contacts. When I click on the Blackberry I.D. button in the upper right of the BB link screen I get a message claiming that I have cookies turned off and must turn them on to continue. Well, cookies are turned on, I know that because I had to turn them on to post this. I almost always have cookies turned off and only turn them on when it's required. I've trying turning them on and rebooting my laptop and get the same message. I'm using a MacBook Pro and latest version of Firefox. Is any one else having this problem?

Is there any other way to restore contacts rather than the BB I.D.?

Any insights greatly appreciated. Not looking forward to re inputting hundreds of contacts and going through the tedious chore of re-inviting BBM contacts.

Thanks, Kire
    Sign into BBID on the phone, and when you open BBM it will refresh with your contacts.

Then link might recognize
    04-14-14 10:34 PM
    I fiddled and f**ted around with my laptop until all hours and finally used Safari instead of Firefox. With cookies turned on in Safari I was able to get BB Link to allow me to sign in. No idea why Link would recognize one browser and not the other. However, trying to do this on the phone itself is giving me Temporary Server Error (with large exclamation point) message and has been doing this for the last 12 hours. Did a phone reboot, laptop reboot, battery pull on phone and still getting the same message.

Now out of ideas, any insights greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kire
    04-15-14 07:02 AM
    uninstall link, and download again
    04-15-14 09:04 AM
    I fiddled and f**ted around with my laptop until all hours and finally used Safari instead of Firefox. With cookies turned on in Safari I was able to get BB Link to allow me to sign in. No idea why Link would recognize one browser and not the other. However, trying to do this on the phone itself is giving me Temporary Server Error (with large exclamation point) message and has been doing this for the last 12 hours. Did a phone reboot, laptop reboot, battery pull on phone and still getting the same message.

Now out of ideas, any insights greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kire
    Is your BBM version the latest available from BB World or you were running Beta version with channels. Check for the updates before running BBM.
    04-15-14 12:02 PM
    I think I will try that next. Software update insists that I have the most current version. One thing I did try that did eventually get the sign in dialogue to respond was to switch to Safari (cookies on). No idea idea what so ever why it won't recognize Firefox. Will soldier on.
    Thanks, Kire
    04-15-14 03:56 PM
    Try updates in BB World before you open the BBM

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    04-15-14 05:38 PM