I used BlackBerry protect to transfer info from my 9900 to my new Q10. Unfortunately, the contacts for some reason didn't make the jump. Some did, but most didn't. Because I manage apartment buildings, I have hundreds of contacts, and I used the title field to enter all their apartment numbers. Anyone have any suggestions for how to transfer the contacts efficiently? Is there a way to do it using the Micro SD and a computer? It seems that the Title field of the 9900 contacts has changed to a prefix option on the Q10. Hope I don't have to enter all the info manually because of this...
    06-23-13 01:40 PM
    You tried blackberry link to back up your phone
    06-23-13 01:52 PM
    You tried blackberry link to back up your phone
    No...do you recommend it? Think it would tranfer all the special fields too? I also use the notes fields to store extra information about my contacts. None of that stuff came over using blackberry protect.
    06-23-13 02:05 PM
    You can easily restore your Contacts, so don't worry!
    If you DL the BB Link program to your PC where you had previous backups of your 9900, you should be able to selectively restore some items to your BB10 device, like Contacts.

I'm not at my PC to try it out, unfortunately.
    1. Other workarounds would be wiping your Q10 then using Link to perform full device switch; or
    2. Getting a micro SIM adapter for your Q10's card, putting it in 9900 and backup Contacts there to SIM, then replacing SIM to Q10 and transferring Contacts from SIM to local Contacts.
    06-23-13 02:09 PM
    No...do you recommend it? Think it would tranfer all the special fields too? I also use the notes fields to store extra information about my contacts. None of that stuff came over using blackberry protect.
    If you haven't spent much time on Q10 setting things up, I'd recommend you wipe it and start fresh by using Link for the device switch. It's relatively fast.
    06-23-13 02:12 PM
    It seems that the Title field of the 9900 contacts has changed to a prefix option on the Q10. Hope I don't have to enter all the info manually because of this...
    Did you mean like the field meant for someone's job title?
    Edit a Contact, tap Add Field at bottom, select Company Details. It will be set to Job Title by default already.

All of those Add Field items you add are buttons, btw. Tap grey box where it says Prefix or Job Title for more options.

Is that what you were asking?
    06-23-13 02:18 PM
    Did you mean like the field meant for someone's job title?
    Edit a Contact, tap Add Field at bottom, select Company Details. It will be set to Job Title by default already.

All of those Add Field items you add are buttons, btw. Tap grey box where it says Prefix or Job Title for more options.

Is that what you were asking?
    Thanks for your reply and yes, it's close to what I was asking. I'm an apartment manager and I used the "title" field on my contacts (on the 9900) for their apartment number. Made it easy to find the resident later just by typing the apartment number. On Q10 there is no "title" field...seems to have been replaced with "prefix". Also, using blackberry protect to transfer the info, none of that stuff came through. So now I'm faced with entering a lot of info manually. I am going to check out your suggestions though! Thanks for the help.
    06-23-13 03:21 PM
    Did you Security Wipe your Q10 and perform the Device Switch via Link yet?

If so, how did it go?

This is how you CB10, son!
    06-24-13 01:57 PM
    Did you Security Wipe your Q10 and perform the Device Switch via Link yet?

If so, how did it go?

This is how you CB10, son!
    I'm on vacation until Monday! I don't have a computer here. When I get back, I'll give it a try.
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-24-13 07:03 PM