Hello there everyone.
    I had recently purchased a Q10 second hand (about two months), and it was going absolutely brilliantly, however I had to swap back to the iPhone 5 for one day. When I went to switch back the Micro SIM adaptor got caught on one of the gold contacts in the SIM card tray.

Now obviously with the damaged contact, the phone won't read any SIM cards now. I'm in the UK. Is there an easy fix for this or should I just sell it now as "faulty" and look to purchase another one?

Thanks for the advice.
    07-24-14 04:32 PM
    07-24-14 04:38 PM
    Yeah I must admit, I had no intention of attempting it myself . 65 on that site.
    Do you know of any other places in the UK that would repair it?
    07-24-14 04:43 PM
    Hello there everyone.
    I had recently purchased a Q10 second hand (about two months), and it was going absolutely brilliantly, however I had to swap back to the iPhone 5 for one day. When I went to switch back the Micro SIM adaptor got caught on one of the gold contacts in the SIM card tray.

Now obviously with the damaged contact, the phone won't read any SIM cards now. I'm in the UK. Is there an easy fix for this or should I just sell it now as "faulty" and look to purchase another one?

Thanks for the advice.
    I did the exact same thing. We live and learn. I took ot to a local shop and was quoted 75.00. He could guarantee it would work. I might buy another used Q or wait for the Classic or Passport. For now I will be using my iphone. Nothing against iphone, but I prefer the BlackBerry Q10. Good luck to you in your decision.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 07:37 PM