After I backed up the phone via Blackberry Link I got duplicate entries in my contacts - some duplicated more than once, but often just a duplicate name, not the numbers as well.
    I deleted the duplicates from the SIM but I didn't realise only the names were duplicated so I lost some numbers.
    My Q10 device has all my contacts on it, my SIM card doesn't.
    I have gone into contacts settings to transfer all details from the device to the SIM but when I click on the SIM and look at the list it only shows some of my contacts not all.
    And when I try to add an individual entry to the SIM card I get a message saying the entry already exists and do I want to replace it.

Can someone please help me clean up my contacts so that I have all names and numbers on both SIM and device, and that when I back up again because I have changed a setting or something I don't end up with duplicate names in the contacts again?

I obviously haven't set up my Blackberry Link correctly. But I don't know where I am going wrong. And every time I back up I get duplicate names. Could someone also please tell me how to wipe the backup info from Link so that I can start afresh?

When I backup I just want the device to keep the calendar entries I have entered to remind myself of things,
    and the phone number and email contact details [including personalised ringtones for people]
    and the few photos I have put in the phone
    and the few MP3 tunes I have put on the phone to use as ringtones and notifications.
    I don't need to link to a calendar or anything fancy.

Thanks in advance.
    Please tell me where I am going wrong and how to solve it.

I don't want to have to wipe the whole phone because it took me hours to set up all my email accounts on it because of problems with BT not supporting Blackberry etc.
    06-01-13 06:35 AM
    After I backed up the phone via Blackberry Link I got duplicate entries in my contacts - some duplicated more than once, but often just a duplicate name, not the numbers as well.
    I deleted the duplicates from the SIM but I didn't realise only the names were duplicated so I lost some numbers.
    My Q10 device has all my contacts on it, my SIM card doesn't.
    I have gone into contacts settings to transfer all details from the device to the SIM but when I click on the SIM and look at the list it only shows some of my contacts not all.
    And when I try to add an individual entry to the SIM card I get a message saying the entry already exists and do I want to replace it.

Can someone please help me clean up my contacts so that I have all names and numbers on both SIM and device, and that when I back up again because I have changed a setting or something I don't end up with duplicate names in the contacts again?

I obviously haven't set up my Blackberry Link correctly. But I don't know where I am going wrong. And every time I back up I get duplicate names. Could someone also please tell me how to wipe the backup info from Link so that I can start afresh?

When I backup I just want the device to keep the calendar entries I have entered to remind myself of things,
    and the phone number and email contact details [including personalised ringtones for people]
    and the few photos I have put in the phone
    and the few MP3 tunes I have put on the phone to use as ringtones and notifications.
    I don't need to link to a calendar or anything fancy.

Thanks in advance.
    Please tell me where I am going wrong and how to solve it.

I don't want to have to wipe the whole phone because it took me hours to set up all my email accounts on it because of problems with BT not supporting Blackberry etc.
    I had that problem with my Z10. I tried to move my contacts to the SIM, so if i had to switch devices, i could just pop in the SIM and go. Once i did it, i noticed i had double contacts, and not all of my contacts were transferred. So i deleted all contacts from the SIM, and have just been using Verizon Backup Plus. Its been the simplest way to manage contacts for me. Next on the list would be syncing contacts to a gmail account. This works accurate and well, and you can manage the contacts in gmail. So everytime you sync up with that gmail, your contacts will sync up as well.

Did you check the contact settings? You can turn off SIM contacts or device contacts, as well as other contacts like FB, Twitter, LinkedIN etc.
    06-01-13 07:01 AM
    I had that problem with my Z10. I tried to move my contacts to the SIM, so if i had to switch devices, i could just pop in the SIM and go. Once i did it, i noticed i had double contacts, and not all of my contacts were transferred. So i deleted all contacts from the SIM, and have just been using Verizon Backup Plus. Its been the simplest way to manage contacts for me. Next on the list would be syncing contacts to a gmail account. This works accurate and well, and you can manage the contacts in gmail. So everytime you sync up with that gmail, your contacts will sync up as well.

Did you check the contact settings? You can turn off SIM contacts or device contacts, as well as other contacts like FB, Twitter, LinkedIN etc.
    I don't know what Verizon is.
    Nor do I have a gmail account.
    I just want ALL my contact names and numbers on my SIM card like I had with my old phone. So that I can call people without having to get out my diary and look up their numbers.
    And I don't understand why I can't just copy all to the SIM if I have all details on the device ?
    06-01-13 07:11 AM
    I don't know what Verizon is.
    Nor do I have a gmail account.
    I just want ALL my contact names and numbers on my SIM card like I had with my old phone. So that I can call people without having to get out my diary and look up their numbers.
    And I don't understand why I can't just copy all to the SIM if I have all details on the device ?
    Sorry Verizon is my phone carrier.
    Yea im with you on the SIM card part. I had that problem and gave up on it and seeked out another method. It sucks because it will keep most of the contacts, but not all. WHYYYYYY. Sorry i couldnt help ya out
    06-01-13 07:19 AM
    oooh - think I've solved the copying numbers to SIM problem!
    Any numbers listed as 'work' or 'home' will not copy to the SIM.
    But those listed as 'mobile' will. So I am one by one editing ALL numbers to be listed as 'mobile' even if they are a landline - and it is letting me copy them to the SIM!!!
    06-01-13 07:31 AM
    Thanks Asian Glo Bo - at least you tried to help me!

But maybe I can help you now...
    YESS!
    If all numbers entered in the device contacts list are entered as 'mobile' numbers [even if they are landlines] - you will be able to copy them to the SIM.

Now, can anyone please help me with this phone backup via Blackberry link please?
    How do I make sure when I back up, I don't get duplicates again??

Anyone?
    06-01-13 07:51 AM
    All you really need is IntouchApp. It maintains a device-independent, clean contact list for you with no duplicates. Getting your contacts into any device is really easy. No need to fiddle with SIM or Google accounts or BB Link software or wires. Install the app today from AppWorld or visit intouchapp.com/apps from your phone browser to get download link.
    06-01-13 07:52 AM
    All you really need is IntouchApp. It maintains a device-independent, clean contact list for you with no duplicates. Getting your contacts into any device is really easy. No need to fiddle with SIM or Google accounts or BB Link software or wires. Install the app today from AppWorld or visit intouchapp.com/apps from your phone browser to get download link.
    Thanks.

But would that stop duplicate names being put in the Contacts on the phone when its backed up?
    06-01-13 08:10 AM
    You do not need to backup on SIM - which is not a good idea anyway as SIM cannot store all information properly. IntouchApp backs up your contacts and any changes you make effortlessly. We maintain entire change history for you for each of your contacts. And no, there will be no duplicates. We are here to eliminate duplicates and lost contacts forever!
    06-01-13 09:17 AM
    I have all contacts just saved on my phone because of the duplicate contacts when I had them "Linked" to the sim card, pretty hard to believe BlackBerry messed up the contacts app, if anything happens to my phone I wouldn't have no numbers since my sim has no contacts saved in it what so ever...
    06-01-13 09:42 AM
    @BlownTinO that is why we built IntouchApp - so you don't have to worry about backing up your contacts. Saving to SIM is not a practical solution in today's day and age.
    06-01-13 01:29 PM
    I have the same issue. I'm not willing to change landline phones to mobile to fix this issue tho. I don't see why one would need to do this in order for the transfer to sim card to work. This is a major flaw.
    12-12-13 04:08 AM