After my Q10 got the forced update to 10.3.2.440 I posted that most of my contacts were duplicated and details were scrambled up. So I'd been avoiding the update that I get daily nags about since I was worried about something like that happening again.

In the last week I've had over 50% of the contracts modified either by being split into 2 (one has numbers & other has address or email) or by removing the hyphen from in between the phone number digits. I just looked at update and it didn't install 10.3.2.556! So now I'm totally puzzled!

Does anyone have an idea what the bleep's going on with my Q10?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 06:11 AM
    Where are your contacts stored, on the handset only - or syncing to a cloud server (e.g. Google, iCloud) via CardDav? Personally, I've not had problems syncing contacts on my Q10 with Google, either before or since upgrading from 10.2.x to 10.3.x.
    If you tell us exactly how you're syncing / managing your contacts somebody maybe able to advise.

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-11-15 06:42 AM
    Well, the contacts ON the device have changed several times this month without me doing anything besides using it! Normally I sync regularly but with the messing up I didn't want to risk damaging my stored data on the PC. When I sync I ONLY do it via USB cable, to my PC running a stand alone version of Office 2007. I have zero cloud or social media accounts. So I can't see how my sync method would have any bearing. It started several weeks or longer after I last did one. Plus I made sure that I said it's happening in the last few days. Some of my regular friends & family contacts have changed more than once. I just found a few more today that went from "Smith, John" to 2 listings. One looked like original entry but has NO data & other one says "Smith, John Joh" another was one I saved last name 1st that now has "John Smith" with no data and 2nd says "John Smith Smit" and yet again all the hyphens are gone from home & mobile numbers!

If this was a PC I'd be thinking malware but I never use the browser on any but the biggest sites, haven't ever connected it to any PC other than mine and CAN'T open an email attachment as I never set up my Q10 to USE email. I get too many per day to be worth the tiny amount of times I Would want to access email on my Q10 vs the dozens of times I'd be getting notifications from the hub. Not worth the hassle!

I'm at a loss. These are getting very annoying. Does anyone have an idea on how to make the Q10 act like it did (perfectly) in the year I used it before 10.3.2.440?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 01:40 AM
    I have had the same issue with the Z30, both with losing names associated with the contacts and contacts disappearing without doing anything.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:39 PM