The names of contacts on the phone don't show inside the messaging app. & whatsapp. And shows only the number when I open the message. spell check decided not to work inside the text messaging today too. I have a few other minor problem but that would take forever to discuss. It seems to me that the phone was perfect when it first came out the OS was flawless! What happened? Why is blackberry ignoring so many bugs in the OS?.
    If you're wondering. I have the carrier OS installed on my phone not a leak. 10.2.1.2102
    I'm not a big fan of restoring my phone because that takes forever. I really shouldn't have to. Can someone ask them to fix it with an update. Because it seems the OS is falling apart over time. & that's the same problem they had with the legend devices.. if you can help leave a comment. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 12:37 PM
    This board is not owned by BlackBerry and I highly doubt they are going to read comments in the leak section. If you are not running a leak. Don't post in the leak forums. Post where it will most likely get seen by the right people.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2947
    moyah8 likes this.
    04-24-14 12:46 PM
    I haven't had any of these issues, granted I don't have a Q10, but it sounds software related. I'm not trying to say that they aren't issues, just that it seems to be a relatively small problem in terms of its scope.
    I do have some questions that may help identify the source of your problem:
    Did you download the update OTA or install it via Link? OTA installs are not nearly as reliable.
    Did you restore from a backup, and did you have any issues in the past? If the answers to both questions are yes, then it's possible that you "backed the problem up," so-to-speak, and loaded it on to your device when you restored.
    What apps are you running? LinkedIn seems to be associated with contacts issues, and certain Android apps do seem to be causing issues with native applications.
    Have you tried a hard reset (hold both volume buttons until the phone restarts).
    I hope I can be of some help!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 01:16 PM
    Thread renamed and moved to the Q10 forum.
    04-24-14 09:09 PM
    The names of contacts on the phone don't show inside the messaging app. & whatsapp. And shows only the number when I open the message. spell check decided not to work inside the text messaging today too. I have a few other minor problem but that would take forever to discuss. It seems to me that the phone was perfect when it first came out the OS was flawless! What happened? Why is blackberry ignoring so many bugs in the OS?.
    If you're wondering. I have the carrier OS installed on my phone not a leak. 10.2.1.2102
    I'm not a big fan of restoring my phone because that takes forever. I really shouldn't have to. Can someone ask them to fix it with an update. Because it seems the OS is falling apart over time. & that's the same problem they had with the legend devices.. if you can help leave a comment. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Open the phone app then repeatedly swipe diagonally down-left from the top-right corner of the screen until the screen blanks off and reappears with a blank home screen. That resets the phone app and clears the contact names not showing up glitch which often reappears after the phone is shut down or the battery dies. The same gesture also resets the hub.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 05:31 PM