Hey Guys! i have a bb q10 and i just notice something odd with my contact list.. When i open the contact on my bb menu.. it will show all my contact.. But when i click on the PHONE to open up the phone menu and go to the contact list.. It is apparently not the same from the contact list on the main BB menu.. Is this supposed to be normal? I can't seem to find options to fix this.. Any help would be appreciated..

I was just surprised that when i used the contact list on the phone menu... the person i'm looking for won't show up.. i have to exit the Phone menu and go to the contacts and find that person and call from there.. Is this supposed to be normal?

Thanks!
    07-12-13 03:13 AM
    No its not normal. Maybe you are pressing the search button. Press the phone symbol from the main menu and press the symbol of a person. If you go to phone from the hub then its just the search button.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 03:23 AM
    Just go to main contact list. Swipe down from top to access settings. Toggle on all accounts then toggle the ones you don't use back off. Exit . Check phone contacts.
    07-12-13 10:13 AM
    Agree with JoJo. BB10 shows all the contacts you have for your different sources and accounts, like i.e. email accounts, BBM, What'sapp, Linkedin, Facebook, etc. Open you contact application. Swipe down from the top and it willl show a gear for settings. Open them up and turn "on" or "off" the different contact sources you want to use. If you have more than one source open it will or may show duplicates. To fix the duplicate issue, turn all the contacts on, press on a contact that is a duplicate and highlight it, once highlighted, on the menu on the left you can "link" all the duplicates together. Click the link icon, and then highlight all that you want linked together and save after you are done. Duplicates are gone and you can use whatever contact list you want. There is a thread on here that addresses duplicate contacts that lists the steps that are required to link together--its a good instructional thread--cause I wrote it--LOL--just kidding but it does list the steps to link dups together.
    07-12-13 05:17 PM
    I have the same problem and anytime I toggle my gmail contacts off, all my contacts disappear and so it has to be on always to circumvent this problem... or am I doing something wrong?
    07-12-13 05:25 PM
    I have the same problem and anytime I toggle my gmail contacts off, all my contacts disappear and so it has to be on always to circumvent this problem... or am I doing something wrong?
    Are you syncing with Link version 1.1.1.32 or at least 1.1.1.26? there were major fixes in those updates. Also 10.1 is a must with or without the latest updates. Have you gone through them one by one, turning them all off and turning one on at a time to see what contacts are where? I don't use Gmail but have my Outlook 2007 account that I sync with, plus BBM, outlook.com, Linkedin, Facebook, What'sapp.and have all turned off and only BBLink contacts turned on. You also may have them turned off inside the actual application. Like if you have What'sApp you can open the application and click on the settings> permissions and turn contacts on or off inside the app as well. Honestly, I've only done it once and I'm not sure of the exact steps but I know it can be done. Not sure any of this will help you and I don't work with Gmail so I'm no help there, but maybe something I've posted will help. Good luck and keep us posted.
    In each
    chuka101 likes this.
    07-12-13 05:39 PM
    I tried syncing with the latest link and it brings out an error message saying 'blackberry link has not detected any data sources to sync with such as Microsoft Outlook'

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:31 PM
    I tried syncing with the latest link and it brings out an error message saying 'blackberry link has not detected any data sources to sync with such as Microsoft Outlook'

Posted via CB10
    That's a bummer! Have you deleted all your other Blackberry link versions and BBDM if you had it on y o ur pc? Did you configured link to sync with "outklook" on your link software? That shouldn't happen if its configured correctly, so lets figure out what's going on. I'll do some checking around to see what I can find out and get back to you.
    chuka101 likes this.
    07-12-13 09:56 PM
    That's a bummer! Have you deleted all your other Blackberry link versions and BBDM if you had it on y o ur pc? Did you configured link to sync with "outklook" on your link software? That shouldn't happen if its configured correctly, so lets figure out what's going on. I'll do some checking around to see what I can find out and get back to you.
    thanks.... didn't configure sync with outlook... even had to open an outlook account because of this without any luck...uninstalled and reinstalled link still with no success
    07-12-13 11:30 PM
    Its weird.. .I have my contacts on except for Fb and twitter.. But every time i go to the Phone menu then go to try search contacts.. It still won't show all my contacts that i have when i go to the actual Contacts menu.. It's like i have 2 sets of contacts.. The contacts on the phone is incomplete while the main contacts has everything
    07-13-13 02:02 AM
    Its weird.. .I have my contacts on except for Fb and twitter.. But every time i go to the Phone menu then go to try search contacts.. It still won't show all my contacts that i have when i go to the actual Contacts menu.. It's like i have 2 sets of contacts.. The contacts on the phone is incomplete while the main contacts has everything
    Have you linked all of your contacts? You need to open ALL contact sources and use the "link" command to link them all together. Turn on all contacts including fb and twitter and do a linking of all of them so there is no duplicates.
    07-13-13 11:02 AM
    thanks.... didn't configure sync with outlook... even had to open an outlook account because of this without any luck...uninstalled and reinstalled link still with no success
    Man, that is too weird. Let me do some checking around to see what I can find for you, and get back when I have something. Anyone on here have any ideas? Pleas post if you do!
    07-13-13 11:05 AM
    Have you linked all of your contacts? You need to open ALL contact sources and use the "link" command to link them all together. Turn on all contacts including fb and twitter and do a linking of all of them so there is no duplicates.
    Linking using blackberry link?
    07-14-13 03:19 AM
    I think it's a bug that people have posted before.
    Apparently contacts with links to facebook won't show up under phone app.

I find it a little annoying. However, i would suggest simply searching your contact via universal search.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 03:42 AM