hi, i just got my new Q10
    i always bring 3 Devices with me everyday
    1 Blackberry Q10
    1 HTC One X+
    and
    1 Apple iPad

now i have a question about the contact management, please those who are expert on this to give me some inputs.

1. in newer devices , android and blackberry, there's an option to "link" your contact with entries from Facebook, twitter, etc.
    if lets say i "link" the contact with facebook entries in my Blackberry , will it get "linked" too on my android or apple devices ?

2.I never "sync" or transferred any of my contacts between platforms before as i'm afraid to mess up the number entries.
    anyway is it reliable now adays to sync it to google or icloud ? cause the last time i tried to sync my old Blackberry 9780 with google i ended up with duplicate contacts.

3. i tried to sync my Q10 contact with my icloud and ipad contact just now, the contact from my ipad and icloud transfered nicelly to the Q10
    but when i add some numbers to the contact or edit some contacts on my Q10 how come it doesnt update the original contact on my icloud and my ipad ?
    If i sync it with my Google will the original contact updated ?

4. If lets says the sync is reliable nowadays , and i sync my contact to Goggle and icloud, how will some of the contact fields that are not available on icloud or goggle shows on the ipad or android phones ? e.g., BBM, Pin, etc ?

please advice me on this as I'm very particular about managing my contact list and i want them to be as tidy as possible
    thank you so much.
    06-30-13 12:52 PM
    there is no true tidy solution.

Google seems to have the best for managing all three
    06-30-13 01:05 PM
    I sync with Google. Works well with Windows Phone, Android and BlackBerry and friends also use it with their iphones. I have slightly more than 1,000 contacts. However, I read that Outlook.com also does the trick, a couple of months I thought about switching platforms but then sticked to Google.

Only thing: When a contact has two mobile numbers I always have put one of these as "Pager" and BlackBerry wouldn't let me dial these numbers. On Android I can dial these numbers.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 01:10 PM
    I would suggest outlook.com using EAS (Exchange Active Sync). You don't have to use the email, just choose to sync contacts only. It synced and updated great when I tested it with my iPhone and Q10. Should be fine with your android in the mix as well.

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    06-30-13 10:21 PM
    anyone elese please share their experience in this
    especially those who sync with Google
    or icloud
    thank you
    07-01-13 12:03 PM
    1 Blackberry Q10
    1 HTC One X+
    and
    1 Apple iPad

now i have a question about the contact management, please those who are expert on this to give me some inputs.

1. in newer devices , android and blackberry, there's an option to "link" your contact with entries from Facebook, twitter, etc.
    if lets say i "link" the contact with facebook entries in my Blackberry , will it get "linked" too on my android or apple devices ?

2.I never "sync" or transferred any of my contacts between platforms before as i'm afraid to mess up the number entries.
    anyway is it reliable now adays to sync it to google or icloud ? cause the last time i tried to sync my old Blackberry 9780 with google i ended up with duplicate contacts.

3. i tried to sync my Q10 contact with my icloud and ipad contact just now, the contact from my ipad and icloud transfered nicelly to the Q10
    but when i add some numbers to the contact or edit some contacts on my Q10 how come it doesnt update the original contact on my icloud and my ipad ?

4. If lets says the sync is reliable nowadays , and i sync my contact to Goggle and icloud, how will some of the contact fields that are not available on icloud or goggle shows on the ipad or android phones ? e.g., BBM, Pin, etc ?

please advice me on this as I'm very particular about managing my contact list and i want them to be as tidy as possible
    thank you so much.
    I have been syncing with google for almost 4 years now. To give a rundown, wife, Sprint Pre > Veer > Pre2 > Z10 (with a TouchPad still syncing as well). Sync all contacts and calendars, no problem. When I setup her Z on friday I forgot I had not dumped some of her initial contacts so they could be added to her google contacts (initial switch was done at sprint store from Centro to Pre so not all contacts were in the cloud). When I dumped contacts and added to google, many were duplicates... quick and easy good combined all duplicates at the click of a button and have seen no issues on her Z yet.

I know nothing about iCloud so I have to leave that to someone else. As far as the linking say FB to google contact, from what I have seen this is a function handled by individual devices. With current BB10 software the auto linking doesn't seem to be as robust as it was with Palm webOS, but this could be me misremembering since we weren't on FB before we were on webOS, our social networking has gone thru the roof since 4 years ago. I can't tell you about Android or iOS linking, but assume they will be similar to webOS/BB10.

Personally I love managing my contacts thru gmail, I haven't tried an Outlook/EAS solution for mobile so I have nothing else to compare it too. I think in your scenario google is the solution though, since google doesn't assume you are on a specific device (like iCloud might). You could look into outlook.com I am not sure where there contact technology is at, I assume it is some form of EAS cloud, the EAS cloud I use at work gets laggy and hangs, but this isn't a huge issue with contact syncing.
    07-01-13 02:16 PM
    Can you still sync google contacts using EAS on the free Gmail accounts?
    07-01-13 11:39 PM
    Can you still sync google contacts using EAS on the free Gmail accounts?
    It definitely works with BlackBerry and Windows Phone. A's far as I know they do not support legacy devices any more.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 12:48 AM
    1 Blackberry Q10
    1 HTC One X+
    and
    1 Apple iPad

thank you so much.
    Use one device as you info source (like pc) then use companion link. It works across all platforms including BlackBerry Os10!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 09:41 AM
    I have a macbook pro, q10 and iphone 4s. I use icloud and its awesome. The blackberry works great with it and it took a second to set up. I now use any phone or computer to manage my address book. Its awesome!
    07-04-13 09:55 AM
    I have spent all morning trying to work through my contacts issues. And I only use a MacBook Pro and a Blackberry Q10.

Unfortunately, my Blackberry isn't syncing new contacts to my iCloud. Apple contacts doesn't sync with my GMail account. Outlook EAS is not available for desktop applications.

So I'm still wading through all the chaff. I bought an app that consolidates contacts on my phone, and tried exporting an archive and uploading it to my computer with all contact-syncs turned off. Needless to say, I'm lost and don't know what's happening.

I wish Dropbox offered a contact sync.
    07-04-13 12:34 PM