My Q10 for quite a while was prone to annoyingly opening camera or other apps while sitting in my shirt pocket. The screen would be dark and locked to start with. Since AT&T did the forced update it's much worse! I make sure to lock screen B4 putting it in my pocket but it often opens itself very randomly. Sometimes I discover it did it because I see the flash go off as it takes pictures of my pocket. Otherwise I pull it from my shirt pocket to use it and see random apps open, or it takes notes on my last call. Worst is that it now keeps calling either the last person I spoke to or a random contact. My building contractor got 6 calls from it while it was in a bag on the boat and I was 20 feet underwater! Same period my wife got about 3 calls as well. I saw one post where the OP was advised disable the sweep to open and just use the top button. That isn't very handy to do with one hand. If I had a classic with a button on the tool belt I could live with that, my Palm Treo Pro (850) worked that way. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 06:09 PM
    Turn off swipe to wake under settings then display

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 06:15 PM
    Big, I mentioned I knew I could turn off swipe to wake but that means I'm stuck having to press the top button to do everything. This kind of eliminates the ease of the good BB10 OS. It also seems like it should be fixable since there aren't a large number of other posts for the same issues...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 09:01 PM
    There was when BB10 came out...now we've all turned off swipe to wake if we put our phones in our pocket without a case that covers the screen!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 09:09 PM
    Well, I've never had this issue pocket carrying (I have a sandwhich, so you shouldn't be hungry ) Usually back jeans pocket. If you're carrying in a shirt pocket, trying putting it screen out. You can also turn off swipe to wake and use any of the number key to wake the screen.
    The best option, if not the most acceptable nowadays, is holster it 

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Joshu42 likes this.
    06-26-15 11:53 PM
    Have you tried facing the screen away from your body while in the pocket? That solved this problem for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 12:02 AM
    I've turned off swipe to wake. I hesitated as well but really, it was too annoying having a billion things open or worse yet, pocket-texting friends or clients. The power button will just bring you to the lock screen where you can still use your favorite gesture to get back into the OS.
    I'm a firm believer that there are some things that a button just does better than a virtual alternative. Isn't that why BlackBerry is still around after all? We're like vinyl is to the music industry.
    06-27-15 12:15 AM
    To the friendly suggestions for turning it screen out, I have tried it but besides feeling odd I worry about the screen. I lead a pretty active lifestyle so I've always kept it facing in so if something I picked up slammed into it the case & back take the hit not the screen. I WAS a confirmed holster user for several years before I got tired of them breaking so often. That's when I discovered that keeping in my shirt pocket was the most convenient spot no matter what I was doing. When driving it's easily reachable. If raining it has better coverage from an umbrella than my hip does. When on vibration only I'm likelier to quickly feel it.

Sandwich case removes the quick, one handed usability I treasure my BlackBerry having!

What about the idea posted where I could select something on the kb to unlock? (the hard button on the toolbelt makes getting a classic tempting!)

Could I make the space bar do that? I have big hands so I already have a bit of trouble with the kb. Have to use tip of finger to type. So hitting one key quickly would be hard.

If I could do that, how do I set it up? I saw where to disable swipe to wake. Never saw a way to unlock other than top button.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 01:39 PM
    If I could do that, how do I set it up? I saw where to disable swipe to wake. Never saw a way to unlock other than top button.
    You can also turn off swipe to wake and use any of the number key to wake the screen.
    The best option, if not the most acceptable nowadays, is holster it 
    By the way, the leather pocket/pouch will offer a better protection and you still can put your phone in your shirt pocket
    06-27-15 06:21 PM
    Two questions. The Post last quoted said there's a way to make any number key unlock but does that mean any PARTICULAR number or if I hit ANY number it'll unlock?

As for sleeve, does it fit loosely enough that I could quickly pull it out with one hand or would I still need both?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 01:19 PM
    Any number on the keyboard will wake the screen. It's the default behavior.

And no, the phone fit tight in the pouch. You will need one hand to hold the pouch while you extract the phone with another 2 fingers. It's like taking out a sword of its sheath.
    06-29-15 09:14 PM
    Joshu, that's what I always thought. Most of the time needing two hands to get my Q10 will be a hassle. I am usually doing something else at the same time. The ability to use my device one handed is a major part of WHY I use my Q10 in the first place!

I just don't get why I've been successfully using it the way I want to for nearly 2 years and it's mostly been causing problems in the last 6 months. After the forced update it became much worse.

It just seems like I shouldn't have to learn a significantly different way of using it after all of this time. Yet it's looking like I'm going to have to do so ...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 01:22 PM