Vielen dank
    06-14-14 10:40 AM
    You "may" want to wait for the Q20 if you can, that will have a "call" button, so even if your touchscreen stops working because lets say you dropped your phone (btw due to the smaller Q10 screens and strong build quality I have never seen a cracked blackberry screen that also has a keyboard), buuut in the event the touch screen failed you could still make calls with the Q20, not the Q10.

My only gripe about the Q10 is selecting/copying/pasting text is not as quick as on older devices, I suspect the Q20 will resolve this as well due to its trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    I was just on the Bold9900 thread and someone had posted that the Q20 will be over $600 when it comes out . I am wondering if I should just go with the Bold for now and hold off on the Q20 until my next upgrade. Will the Bold be good content-wise after having used the WP for two years??
    06-14-14 02:05 PM
    Doesn't your Lumia work as a network drive?
    No. Lumia 900 is WP7 phone. You need special software to sync data wit PC.
    06-14-14 02:55 PM
    isn't that an old lumia phone runing on windows 7.5 ? i have a q10 and a lumia 925 with win 8.1 and i have never experienced freezing on either.
    you should be able to connect your phone to a computer or back up your pictures to onedrive so you can easily retrieve them. i'll advice you to do extra research before making up your mind, you can even use youtube.
    I also forgot to mention that the Lumia 900 mysteriously decided to stop playing video about 2 mos ago
    06-15-14 11:56 AM
    I have a Lumia 520 that is actually pretty good for a windows phone. It may be a budget phone but still pretty nice. Can't compare to BlackBerry 10 though

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 06:24 PM
    Q10 rocks compared to any windows phone.
    And you can sideload all the android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Fox2 likes this.
    06-16-14 01:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think the Q10 is in a category of its own with its awesome QWERTY keyboard . Love my Q10....also love the Z10 . (I am using my Z10 for leaks and my Q10 as my daily driver)

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 04:55 AM
    some vendors add BIS some incorpoarte into the data plan. Rogers BIS plans were the same price as regular data plans.. BB charged $5 to Rogers. Apparently BIS cost BB 1/10th of that. The data compression means everybody won on that deal but I've seen users complain BIS was a very expensive ad on ( meaning a massive rip-off).

BB misses BIS financially as it was a massive money maker but the vendors wanted it gone.

I would pay for BIS if it was available.

OTOH ... when data was done on the phone NO internet owrked , not browser, not twittre, not facebook , BBM ironically could work sometimes when the others didn't
    Where are you pulling these numbers from, your arse?! Seriously get facts and link them else it's just conjecture.

Posted using CB10 via my Z30 Dark Knight!
    06-16-14 06:42 AM
    Where are you pulling these numbers from, your arse?! Seriously get facts and link them else it's just conjecture.

Posted using CB10 via my Z30 Dark Knight!
    How about you link to where I'm wrong. The BIS figures are pretty well known , see any BlackBerry financial report. I know what I paid for my data plan (with and without BIS) and other posters have mentioned excessive BIS add on fees.

Not sure which part you disagree with. BlackBerry definitely misses the cash stream from BIS since it made do much easy money for them.

The $5 BIS fee is correct. Dome vendors absorb it. Some pass on $5 and some charge more, some a lot more.

.... hmm so the banned word list includes. I d I o t but saying you pulled something from your are is OK....

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    kbz1960 and wecruz like this.
    06-16-14 07:40 AM
    I am thinking about buying one too as my old iPhone 4 is running very slowly on some apps. I read a lot about the Q10 reviews and asked some users for their experiences on this device. um... 80% of them say that the Q10 is a nice device but can only be a back up phone due to the issues of bother software and hardware. i guess i am kinda still tilting to iPhone and will be most likely to buy a new iPhone.
    I am considering switching from a windows phone to a Q10. I am mainly interested in the fact that it has a keyboard b/c, unfortunately, in the past when my Lumia 900 froze up, I wouldn't have been able to even make an emergency call . Is this going to be a non-issue since the Q10 has a keyboard? Also, I am wondering how similar the touch screen part is to a touch screen only phone (other than it will be smaller). I mostly use the phone for talk/text, alarms, reminders, calendar, and the occasional facebook, youtube, banking, and looking up stuff on google.

Also, I read somewhere something about BB has their own message/data usage (or something to that effect)?? I am on my mom's AT&T 6gig (??) plan. She is ususally the only one who uses any of it and has an iphone. So, is there some weird billing issues that will arise? I am due for a free upgrade, but haven't gone in yet. I looked online and saw the Q10 is $50 with a 2yr agrmt. I don't know if that means I can do that for my upgrade or not.

I was originally looking into the Z10, but then I saw the Q10 with the keypad. As of now, I still keep my old samsung slidphone with me in case I need to make an emergency call and the screen on the Lumia 900 happens to be froze up.

I almost forgot that the whole reason I am not sticking with the windows phone is as of right now, I will not be able to get my pictures off of it unless I text them all to my mom so she can email them to me. I spent 5hrs on the phone with Nokia befor they ended up telling me I would have to contact Zune. There is something wrong with the Zune software that is used for that on my computer and I can't get my picture to go from the phone to the computer. What is the picture situation for BB???

Thanks for any info,
    Lahoma
    06-16-14 08:42 AM
    Guys agreed all is not fine I use a q10 and z10. So chill mine never froze once also. Touch wood.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 08:58 AM
    Guys let's face it BlackBerry os10 far more superior than WP 8 software.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 08:59 AM
    The Q10 could be a very good choice for the purposes you stated. I do find the camera so-so given its specs, and at least with me it's more prone to shake-induced blur than my Windows Phones.

>Will the Bold be good content-wise after having used the WP for two years??<

No, you'll go insane.

I'm actually an old Storm user--not even Storm 2!--and for all its limitations I loved that phone; it was built like a tank, wonderfully reliable for me, anyway, and I recall the battery life would put current smartphones to shame. I posted a lot here in those days, under some handle I've forgotten.

I'm on Q10 now but it's probably a stopgap. I am a huge Windows Phone 8.x fan, and I'm finding the apps limitations on BB10/Q10 painful. I do like the phone as an effective communications device, including the keyboard and phone-call quality. The hub is useful, if visually cluttered and a bit clunky in execution. (The virtual keyboard on the Z's is the best out there by far). But having gone the Snap/Android apps sideload route, on the Q10 at least I've had very few successes, partly because of apps that don't scale to the screen. I won't go through the list of apps because you can find all kinds of justifications and statements about how so-and-so is good enough or, if you reflect more deeply about it, you don't really need it. It's not the fault of the OS; when there are exceptions, like the fully functional Major League Baseball app, you can see some of the potential of the environment created by the baseline operating system. But wow, I thought I was on an app diet in the Windows ecosystem; in BB10 it's more like wartime rationing.

Honestly one of the main reasons I have the Q10 is, I hate the trend toward larger phones. I was using a Lumia 620, which is good for what it is, but the beta 8.1 developer upgrade I installed threw it into some mega-battery drain spiral. I'm probably biding my time before my next Windows Phone. I will say the build quality of the Q10 is exceptional to my eyes--it's a very classy, serious, businesslike device.
    06-16-14 12:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    The number of the functional Apps that fit the 1:1 screen of the Q10 is very limited though!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-16-14 02:27 PM
    I was just on the Bold9900 thread and someone had posted that the Q20 will be over $600 when it comes out . I am wondering if I should just go with the Bold for now and hold off on the Q20 until my next upgrade. Will the Bold be good content-wise after having used the WP for two years??
    New BlackBerry phones are always expensive. The Q10 is way better than the Bold... I have both! With bold, you can keep a task list, a calendar and some messaging/mailing/what'sApp... But the "modern smartphone experience" with multimedia and "fast sharing" is delivered by BB10...

Honestly, either jump to BB10 or stick to your Windows-phone. If you switch to Bold, you'll be disappointed!! (I think)... Unless you find the way you use a smartphone and prove in advance that the Bold would fit your style!?!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    lkanaday likes this.
    06-16-14 02:35 PM
    Yes, it has windows 7
    06-16-14 06:47 PM
    Yes, it has windows 7
    OP, I love my two current phones, which I originally got to replace an iPhone 4S and a Nexus 4. Replacing the former is a Z30; it's my productivity tool with the best virtual keyboard I've ever experienced, and I've used four OSes this year! I couldn't figure out its camera, however. So I sacrificed an integrated Google experience for the 41MP camera in the Lumia 1020, which is my media playtoy. WP is great, especially with WP 8.1; believe me, a couple of years ago I had a Focus S w/WP 7. I give the slight nod to BB10, as it's never frozen on me and integration of messaging and sharing of posts and customization is superior to anything else out there.

Posted via CB10 from my VZW Z30
    lkanaday likes this.
    06-16-14 10:58 PM
    It looks like At&t dosn't carry the Z30.
    But if you buy the Z30 elsewhere, like I did at the Verizon retail store, the right Z30 variation can do LTE. With band 4 LTE, my 100-3 gives me at&t LTE goodness in Chicagoland. BTW, my at&t branded 1020 gets LTE, too!

Posted via CB10 from my VZW Z30
    lkanaday likes this.
    06-16-14 11:13 PM
    I have a Lumia 520 (cheapskate). My wife has a Q10. so I have a fairly good comparator.
    Bear in mind that Windows 8 is miles ahead of 7, 8.1 is another huge leap.
    The integration of the camera with OneDrive makes it far easier to share photos, especially if you run Windows on a PC. I just take a photo on my Lumia, it appears on my PC OneDrive folder in seconds via the Internet. No need to plug in cables.
    Other big deal for me is the One Note application - integration across the platform is superb and probably the one thing that will keep me on WP8.1 when my upgrade comes up in September.
    The new virtual keyboard in WP8.1 is probably the best swipe-style keyboard I've used - I really struggled on Android, but this works really well. I've taken notes at a meeting using nothing but my Lumia.

To be honest, main choice here is how important the physical keyboard is. I don't care, so I'll stick with a Nokia. My wife does, so she'll stick with BB10
    Avenzuno and lkanaday like this.
    06-17-14 07:26 AM
    Made the switch from a nexus 5 and a lumia 1020 a month ago and haven't looked back since. As a personal organiser/communication device and having stuff done quickly and effectively the q10 is a beast.

Actuall it drives me crazy that I dismissed BlackBerry for so long based of media bs. Apart from strava there is not on app I feel I'm missing out on and the rest of the user experience more than makes up for any misgivings the q10 might have.
    lkanaday likes this.
    06-17-14 06:22 PM
    If this helps I was an Android user and when my contract was up I went to a Q10. I used it for a few days and said, nah, not for me. I went to windows and it is much better than android. I used if for a while but now I am purchasing another Q10 as I really miss a keyboard and the BB10 OS is great! I am not a gamer so the smaller screen does not bother me. I would rather have a smaller phone anyhow, my LG G2 felt like a beast size wise.
    lkanaday likes this.
    06-18-14 11:35 AM
    I'm thinking content-wise, I might get the Q10 and just keep carrying my old samsung just in case (since Bold and Q20 only ones with answer/hang up keys on keypad... lol )

Update: Ugh! I read the thread of ppl who returned their Q10s and they said the were happier with 9900....am I doing too much reading on here?! lol
    Last edited by lkanaday; 06-20-14 at 06:34 PM. Reason: read another thread
    06-20-14 04:59 PM
    The fact that I can't even watch HBO on Windows Phone is a huge downfall for me. I can also use my phone to display the image to the TV via the built in HDMI port on the Q10!

Posted via CB10
    lkanaday likes this.
    06-20-14 05:44 PM
    i had a Radar WP 7.8 and i loved it. after a year of use it stopped giving me 3G data signal and i was silly enough to believe the network provider rather than HTC repair service under guaranty - so after a long search i got a bb q10 which i loved so much more, that now, after one more year not using my WP anymore, i gave it away to a friend who never had a smartphone yet...
    q10 is my personal pocket computer, it does almost all i need, very smooth, but fast, not friezing ever (occasionally reboots itself but really rare). i love the keyboard, and i wish for the trackpad that q20 came out with - but will wait till price goes down.
    i think q10 has a special touch screen very sensitive and strong, not many other smartphone does. and as to pictures i'm bit of fan too, got very good apps that cost normally small price but sometimes for short periods they offer it for free. i can make great pics with q10. i love the 1:1 screen size for all that i use the phone for, it just seems far more practical, i would never want an only touch screen phone i believe.
    the only down to bb q10 is its battery life. my WP got a much longer battery life, and i could be all happy if my bb worked just all day even if i made few more pics than usual (my WP worked 2-3 days) but eventually i got used to charge my bb every day, and bring the charger with me if i expect to use it a bit harder than usual...
    01-26-15 09:54 AM
49 12