So I'm considering buying another Q10. The way I understand it is that the Classic and the Q10 have nearly identical performance. And I greatly prefer the weight/size of the Q10. I actually find the Classic to be of a more awkward size and weight than the Passport (just because the Classic is almost an inbetween size, not quite one handable for all functions).

I'd be sad to lose OTG. And I'm not as impressed with the End key as I'd hoped (it requires two presses).

I was thinking of just getting the Q10 and a Mugen extended battery. Just have a workhorse type phone. Cheap-ish.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Bad idea?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and Bryan Maur like this.
    02-26-15 09:38 AM
    Q10 is still a good choice. Same specifications as the Classic, removable battery, glass-weave back.
    If you don't miss the toolbelt, it's more than a good choice.
    You already know it, and you can find it at a cheap price.
    Q10Bold and lift like this.
    02-26-15 09:45 AM
    In terms of performance, Classic and Q10 are completely identical. Same chipset, same amount of RAM. Screen resolution is identical, however the Classic uses a brighter LCD display rather than that SuperAMOLED the Q uses.
    Both devices have their place, as you already stated, the Q10 is more pocketable and lightweight, also that removeable battery is a plus for sure. It really depends on your preferences, you don't do anything wrong with either.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:44 AM
    In terms of performance, Classic and Q10 are completely identical. Same chipset, same amount of RAM. Screen resolution is identical, however the Classic uses a brighter LCD display rather than that SuperAMOLED the Q uses.
    Both devices have their place, as you already stated, the Q10 is more pocketable and lightweight, also that removeable battery is a plus for sure. It really depends on your preferences, you don't do anything wrong with either.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

Whatever it takes... Q10
    02-26-15 12:15 PM
    I also was eying the Classic when I first heard of it. I've been using a Z10 for almost a year but wanted to have a physical keyboard. When I saw the size of the Classic however, together with the specs and the (current) prize of the Classic compared to the Q10, I opted for a Q10 last week.
    Even though the Classic's battery is larger, I do not have a problem with the Q10. It easily holds at least 1 day with my usage pattern. Just idling around, I could get up to 2.5 days out of the battery.

Therefore, go for the Q10
    lift likes this.
    02-26-15 12:22 PM
    So I'm considering buying another Q10. The way I understand it is that the Classic and the Q10 have nearly identical performance. And I greatly prefer the weight/size of the Q10. I actually find the Classic to be of a more awkward size and weight than the Passport (just because the Classic is almost an inbetween size, not quite one handable for all functions).

I'd be sad to lose OTG. And I'm not as impressed with the End key as I'd hoped (it requires two presses).

I was thinking of just getting the Q10 and a Mugen extended battery. Just have a workhorse type phone. Cheap-ish.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Bad idea?

Posted via CB10
    Do it
    I've bought a new one too
    I am a Q10 addict!
    yokogeri374 and lift like this.
    02-26-15 12:27 PM
    It is a great idea. I carry an extra battery with the charging bundle but have only needed it a couple times. It was awesome to just swap the battery as opposed to being tethered to the wall mid day. I was on the fence like you were but the price and removable battery won me over.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:51 PM
    Do it
    I am a Q10 addict!
    Hi, you mean that you also bought a Mugen battery, too?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 05:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to know as well. I'm looking to test the Q10 with the huge Mugen 4400mah battery. It's an eyesore, but might be kind of cool, too.

Posted via CB10
    cfwu likes this.
    02-26-15 07:25 PM
    Let's be clear. Passport is the most awkward device to use on market today.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    02-26-15 07:29 PM
    Let's be clear. Passport is the most awkward device to use on market today.

Posted via CB10
    Well, yeah, but it's meant to be. I'm getting more used to the Classic, now. Not nearly as awkward as I had thought because everything can be done with the trackpad. I'll be testing the ATT Classic vs the unlocked Q10 tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:02 PM
    Love my Q10, keep going back to it all the time even when I'm using my z30 ill pull the sim out and fire it up its a great phone!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:07 PM
    Q10 is a excellent device. Like others have said it is nearly identical to the Classic. I love my Q 10 as it works flawlessly. I have been waiting for the Classic to arrive for a long time now as for me I love the tool belt with the dedicated call and end keys.

My first Q10 developed double typing but my current one runs flawless. No issues and I love showing it off. I say unless you really want the toolbelt or the slightly larger screen the Q10 is a excellent device.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry!
    benwards2 likes this.
    02-26-15 09:37 PM
    Do it
    I am a Q10 addict!
    Me too! I'm too embarrassed to say how many I have now.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-26-15 09:59 PM
    I'd like to know as well. I'm looking to test the Q10 with the huge Mugen 4400mah battery. It's an eyesore, but might be kind of cool, too.

Posted via CB10
    I read in the reviews that the battery reading with the Mugen 4400mah does not show an accurate reading in the display. If that's the case, how do you know if you're really out of juice? The display may read 10% remaining but there may actually be 10x that?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    no...only a new Q10 But Ive got the Battery Pack and its great because you have the normal size battery but can switch between two = more POWER!
    02-27-15 07:41 AM
    Alright, I did it. I got the Q10 in the post today. The build quality is far better than my old Verizon Q10s. Somehow. And far better than my Classic (which I will be returning tomorrow).

The keyboard, the size, the weight and balance, the feel. It's all better. All except for the screen. The screen looks lower-dpi than the Classic's screen due to the pentile sub-pixel arrangement. It's a rotten screen. But the Q10 is the better device.

I have the Mugen battery coming in the mail tomorrow. So we'll see how it works. If I have 6 hours of led blinking at 0% I'll be pretty annoyed. But I'll enjoy the extra thickness of the battery cover.

Posted via CB10
    lift and benwards2 like this.
    02-27-15 08:40 PM
    That is great! Please update us on the mugen battery when you get it!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:45 PM
    That is great! Please update us on the mugen battery when you get it!

Posted via CB10
    Look for a mini-review with pictures on Sunday or Monday. As soon as I run the battery down to zero.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:26 PM
    Q10 is still a good choice. Same specifications as the Classic, removable battery, glass-weave back.
    If you don't miss the toolbelt, it's more than a good choice.
    You already know it, and you can find it at a cheap price.
    Be aware that the white Q10 has dimpled plastic back that is not rubberized like the black one. I couldn't say, "nah, give me the black one for the extra $50" fast enough when I went from my Z10 to the Q10 in the store. The back cover on the white Q10 feels... weird!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:31 PM
    Love my Q10. I also have a Z10 so the best of both worlds!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:55 PM