Hi,

I have to purchase a secondary phone just to use primarily to make calls and check, respond to business emails, so I am considering Q10 as it's quite cheap and size is small as well.

Would you guys please advise if even in 2018 Q10 is a good option as a secondary phone and if it can do following tasks as well:

- Integrate with outlook to fetch business email and sync calendar.
    - Does 'One Drive' work on BB10?
    - Does Skype work? As for international communication with business colleagues we use Skype.

And yeah, that's all I am basically considering to use this phone for.

Your inputs are really appreciated.

Regards,

Fahad
    03-16-18 06:04 AM
    Sync.... just depends on if LINK works, it's kinda hit and miss with today's versions of MacOS and Windows.
    OneDirve does
    Sky... takes some work around, and it power hungry on BB10.

BB10 is being phased out... the experience will only degrade as they shutdown more services.
    03-16-18 07:04 AM
    Not sure on Skype but yes on MS Outlook or Office 365. I don't want to give up my Q10 because it makes for such easy replies to customer emails. Will be a sad day when BB10 is finally put out to pasture. I have an iPhone 6s+ and the vkb is still goofy with the mindless autocorrect. I say pull the trigger and buy the Q10! Worth every penny.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-18 07:32 PM
    Used to use the Q, and now use a couple of 9983's , essentially a better built Q. Essentially I use it for calls, sms, BBM, emails, reading some financial and other newspapers on the browser, the odd google map, etc.

Use a corporate Exchange Server/MS. No issues.

Great device. Will continue to use until no longer possible and then at that time, have to make a difficult decision.

However, you have to decide what works for you.
    03-18-18 04:38 AM
    I have a Q10 but it reminds me of a handicapped 9900. Sure, there is bb10 and the hub, but I keep reaching for a trackpad that isn't there.

If you just need an emergency backup BlackBerry, get a Bold 9900. It handles calls, texts, emails better than the Q10. If you need Internet or social media communications, get the Q10.

Signature: Typed on my Passport SE!
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-21-18 11:13 PM
    It is a good option even as a primary phone. Surely it can handle all that you mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-18 06:26 PM
    Outlook: I use it because my employer mandates the program. Personally I much rather use the native email and hub.

Cloud storage: I use it via web.

Skype: I used it in the past on this phone, but not recently.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-18 06:31 PM
    Onedrive still works natively, i just checked.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-18 06:53 PM
    I have a Q10 - great phone - nice and small vs. todays mega can't fit in a pocket devices.

The one problem - my sim card tray broke- I don't know if I was sloppy with inserting and removing my sim card - but, I view it as a design flaw.

I'm hoping to get a classic- I like the buttons there, larger size. But, Q10 does have a removable battery which is rare and great if you want the phone to live on beyond the next few years.
    03-23-18 08:36 AM
    I have a Q10 - great phone - nice and small vs. todays mega can't fit in a pocket devices.

The one problem - my sim card tray broke- I don't know if I was sloppy with inserting and removing my sim card - but, I view it as a design flaw.

I'm hoping to get a classic- I like the buttons there, larger size. But, Q10 does have a removable battery which is rare and great if you want the phone to live on beyond the next few years.
    Good point. And just not live on, but also today in everyday use. Just Friday, I had to swap out a battery late afternoon. Many were frustrated in the conference room as there insufficient electrical outlets for plugins, read non-swapable batteries, dead battery packs. People were envious at the small size of the Q battery, and the ease of swapping.
    Pak100 and BerryRipe like this.
    03-25-18 11:09 AM