01-15-15 06:04 PM
51 123
tools
    My last Blackberry was my Bold back in 2009. After using it for a couple years I strayed into the Android neighborhood.

I am currently awaiting delivery of a Q10.

I have decided that after using a Note 3 for the last year, I just don't use all the bells and whistles. Sure, its novel to be able to watch a movie on it, but who actually does that? Not me. Its huge, but for watching movies, a phone needs to be huge. The virtual keyboard is ok, but I am constantly fixing errors. I miss REAL keys. Games? Uh, no. Not into that at all.

What good are all those extra features if I have to FORCE myself to use them?

I just want the best rig for messages, e-mail, and talking on the phone. No B.S. No games. Just the best at what I need a phone for.

It should be here by next wednesday. I'm excited.
    12-26-14 07:13 PM
    My last BlackBerry was the original Bold. Tried android for a couple of years, but like you hated the virtual keyboard.

Don't expect the Q10 to have all of the features that you were used to. The OS is still evolving and takes a bit to get used to.

Would I go back to an Android, only if it had the advanced keyword that the Q10 has.

If you don't protect my Right to Bear Arms, Who will protect your Right to Free Speech!
    12-26-14 07:20 PM
    I'm glad you've found out exactly what is best for your needs! The Q10 is a fantastic phone and you'll love its size and form factor.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:24 PM
    Its lame to force myself to use features, just because they are there. I have other devices that are better suited to entertainment than a PHONE.
    datgur1 and bbnrs like this.
    12-26-14 07:39 PM

I just want the best rig for messages, e-mail, and talking on the phone. No B.S. No games. Just the best at what I need a phone for.

It should be here by next wednesday. I'm excited.
    then buy a feature phone, you can do all that with less than $100 + you do not have to deal with the double typing of the Q10
    12-26-14 07:43 PM
    May I ask how you managed to buy one?

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    12-26-14 07:46 PM
    $175 brand new, and sealed. From Ebay, and a trusted seller.
    12-26-14 07:49 PM
    then buy a feature phone, you can do all that with less than $100 + you do not have to deal with the double typing of the Q10
    Not all Q10's have the double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:51 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I been with all platforms..iOS and Android and although they were both fun, I just needed a change. I had all iPhones and just recently the iPhone 6. iOS was okay but really boring, Nothing new or groundbreaking in my opinion.

With Android, I owned a lot of phones..the S5, M8,. M7, OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Note 4, Note 3 ...you name it, I owned it. I was going to grab a Nexus 6 but that thing was just too big for me. Not only that but just like the OP stated, those devices have a lot of bells and whistles, that I never used.

I wanted something different and refreshing from the Android and iOS systems. I checked out some videos of the new Blackberry update that's down the road and liked what I saw. I also noticed a lot of the praise that people were still giving the Q10. So I grabbed one on Sprint's Easy Pay which I'll have Tuesday and my wife bought one for herself off eBay.

If I like it, I'm going to start saving for a Blackberry Classic.
    naveedk likes this.
    12-26-14 08:06 PM
    Yes the Q10 is an excellent phone for calls and emailing. Ok for checking FB. Great form factor, so convenient to take in/out of your pocket. The larger Passport and Android phones (One Plus One, Notes) are more difficult to slip in and out of your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs and workittywork like this.
    12-26-14 08:17 PM
    I hear ya, I sold my q10 when I bought my z30 and just bought another q10 the other day and I can't wait for it to show up.
    wile the z30 is a awsome phone there's just something about the size and having a real keyboard. it just works.
    12-26-14 09:52 PM
    Not all Q10's have the double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    12-26-14 10:56 PM
    I had a Note 2! Nice but not practical for me. So many apps, I never used. I got the Q10 a couple of months ago. It takes a few days to get adjusted, but once you do, you will love it! I have no regrets! This is definitely a work horse! The form factor is very refreshing and so much easier to carry than a Note! So enjoy!

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    donemt, Sator and bbnrs like this.
    12-27-14 09:05 AM
    Q10 is the best phone for communication/organization purposes. Best smartphone I ever had. Being deaf I need to use a relay app that allows me to read what the other person is saying. In the search for screen real estate, I too ventured into the android iOS land of a gazillion apps and virtual keyboards and regretted it. Rescued by the Q10. Best smartphone I've ever used. I have moved to the Passport for the screen real estate for the relay app but miss my Q10 from time to time. Great choice! Welcome back to BlackBerry! Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    12-27-14 11:24 AM
    "Q10 is the best phone for communication/organization purposes." How true. Exactly what the initial promotional/educational videos stated. Not a mobile entertainment center.
    12-27-14 03:08 PM
    I had a Samsung Note 2. True indeed all the bells and whistles that I don't use. Was the kind of phone I like to try but I never kept was less than 6 months and I sold it.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:30 PM
    My Note 3 is a great phone. Just too big, and packed full of things I never use.
    12-27-14 10:01 PM
    Just got my very first BlackBerry (Q10) and it's really going well so far. It is reminiscent of my old Nokia e7, but on steroids.

All I can say for now is that it's good to be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 07:03 AM
    Well, OP, I hope you enjoy the Q10 as much as I and countless others have enjoyed the device. I've since moved on to newer models of devices, but in recent years, I held on to the Q10 the longest time of any device I've had.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    12-28-14 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry is the trusted Brand. Q10 of course is yet One of the best PKB phone in the market. If money is not the issue then maybe Classic will be the better choice with higher specs. I personally like Passport very much. I m still using my Q10 without any issues except some double typing problems. Just bought a new. Battery n it can last me for more than 16 hrs of light use. Let's rock with Berrys..

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 10:15 AM
    But don't you ladies have huge bags to carry everything around??

The form factor is very refreshing and so much easier to carry than a Note! So enjoy!

12-28-14 01:21 PM
    I've been carrying my Note 3 in my back pocket. And it does wear out the pocket of my jeans. The corner of the phone ends up making a hole in the denim. I'd much rather go for front pocket. But try that with a Note 3 and you end up with nad damage when you sit down.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-28-14 01:25 PM
    I've had my Z30 for a few weeks, it's a great phone, but I am finding that it's too big for me. My favourite phone form factor was my Bold 9900. I am looking into to purchasing a Q10 soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 01:35 PM
    Good choice

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 04:39 PM
    But don't you ladies have huge bags to carry everything around??

Yes we do, but I need space for other things! I can fit my Q easier in my side pocket of purse or jacket pocket.

12-28-14 07:57 PM
51 123