I just checked the tracking number. Looks like it could arrive tomorrow!
    12-28-14 08:04 PM
    I went through 3 blackberries my last being the bold 9900 and moved to a nexus device. Now I've committed to the Google ecosystem and find my productivity would he hampered if I switched back to bb. I mean there isn't Google calendar support on bb anymore. That ended when I gave up my 9900. And now with hangouts communication has become seamless. No more work arounds like I used to have to do on bb. I even tried bbm on Android and wasn't impressed. Even convinced some folks to use it for my sake. Now we all just use hangouts.
    12-28-14 11:22 PM
    Good choice, in between using my Q10, I've tried some of the latest Cyanogen/ android devices (e.g. One Plus One) and even the powerhouse Passport. Q10 is the best for using as a phone and texting. You won't be disappointed. I bought 3 backup keyboards (when double typing eventually kicks in). Hopefully you won't suffer from double but if you do, it's easy to get a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:24 AM
    Welcome back to Blackberry! BB Q10 is a great phone and I'm sure you'll love it. I went from the Bold 9930 to the Q10 and haven't regretted it at all. It's so much faster and I really like the swipe-based screen, with the use of a physical keyboard.
    Last edited by Scotus; 12-29-14 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Correct grammer
    12-29-14 03:30 PM
    My Note 3 is a great phone. Just too big, and packed full of things I never use.
    In my opinion, when mobile phones came, people argued because of the size. Now, smartphones are becoming phablets, and sometimes is embarrasing to put it on your ear only to listen to an conversation privately. I understand, it is a great phone, no doubt, but the size is excessive for its utility. And the second reason was another thing I felt after changing my little SIII mini for a Q10. I realized I only used 30% of the apps, because the rest were preloaded.

Do not worry about the apps, some devs are trying to do the job and others are learning to contribute and make BB10 more useful
    12-29-14 04:04 PM
    Q10 for me. I do admit that I tried an early Android and after a week and then one time trying to type outside on a cold day I returned it. Couldn't type on a cold day because the keyboard wouldn't work. No thanks. Maybe that works now but since I don't play games and that it's a fact that a physical KB is superior .......I won't do Android or ios.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    12-29-14 06:17 PM
    Got it this afternoon. Still exploring it. First impressions are great. What a great form factor. NOW I remember how sweet one handed phone operation is.

One quick question....how do I select more than one line at a time....as in when I downloaded all the e-mail on my server, how do I select all so I can mark them all AS READ?

Thanks!

And what an amazing little speaker it has. Music sounds pretty darned good.
    Last edited by napawino; 12-29-14 at 09:46 PM.
    12-29-14 08:37 PM
    One quick question....how do I select more than one line at a time....as in when I downloaded all the e-mail on my server, how do I select all so I can mark them all AS READ?
    Two main choices :
    • Either you do a long press on one of these emails and tap the "Select More" option that will pop up,
    • Either you do a long press on a date above the emails you want and tap the "Mark Prior Read" option that will pop up.

The second method works well after a Search. So you can target specific emails before tag them Read.

Don't hesitate to use the Help app on the phone, all the shortcuts, all the answers are there
    12-30-14 04:53 AM
    Here's my poem for you

"Once you Q10,
    There is no way back then,"
    12-30-14 06:13 AM
    Two main choices :
    • Either you do a long press on one of these emails and tap the "Select More" option that will pop up,
    • Either you do a long press on a date above the emails you want and tap the "Mark Prior Read" option that will pop up.

The second method works well after a Search. So you can target specific emails before tag them Read.

Don't hesitate to use the Help app on the phone, all the shortcuts, all the answers are there
    Perfect. Thank you.
    12-30-14 08:57 AM
    Perfect. Thank you.
    No problem

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:07 PM
    Glad you are enjoying the Q10, OP. Also, glad to hear that you know what YOU need in a phone and realized that you didn't need all the bells and whistles. My Q10 is my daily driver for communications. The physical keyboard is obviously bar-none. I have a Nexus 7 tablet for my entertainment needs and Google calendar/Groups/docs stuff. I don't NEED to rely on the Google ecosystem for long stretches, but if I need to access anything my tablet is usually in close proximity. I understand some folks may need to be beside a computer or need to access their Google apps for work and stuff in a pinch so an Android phone would be better suited for them. I am not one of those people, and anyways, I CAN still access Google apps on my Q10. It isn't the most ideal obviously on such a small screen but in a pinch, it gets the job done.

It's funny that when my friends look at my Blackberry, they still think it's the old style, non-touch BB and wonder why I "stubbornly" stick to BB. I was asked how I checked internet on my Q10 without a touch screen, and I had to explain that the Q10 IS a touchscreen and that I'm not carrying around an archaic, 6 year old BB. Some were actually quite impressed and surprised at how nice it was while others with the iPhone 6+ or Galaxy S5's lamented at the small screen size Nonetheless, I choose BB because it suits MY needs. The Q10 fits discreetly in my front pocket, though I typically use a sexy leather belt holster (Efficiency and security over style, but I admit that I can rock it pretty well when casually out and about. If in a suit, then my Q10 is naked.)

In the end, it is what YOU need your phone to do which is important. I get ragged on constantly for being "loyal" to Blackberry, but it isn't even about loyalty. I like being comfortable using my phone and smashing out texts/quick replies in a fast manner without having to worry about those auto-correct fails, and from what I've used, Blackberry gets that done for me.
    12-30-14 02:13 PM
    I carried it all day at work today. Got some funny looks from my coworkers. I like that. It shows that I'm not a clone. lol

Lots of texting and emailing. My battery is at 81%. Very nice.

Its great being able to pull the phone out of my pocket, compose and send an e-mail...WITH ONE HAND.
    Marthaelisa17 and nglfmark like this.
    12-30-14 08:20 PM
    I have been in the android eco system on and off and have had this pesky Q10 that I traded for an iphone 4s. I have a note 4 and it is too big. I am going to give it a whirl now that it has 10.3.1. My only thing is I don't do a lot of emailing.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 12:22 AM
    Q10 is awesome. The OS is fine, it's super easy to use and to get used to.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 03:11 AM
    I love my Q! Perfect size, gets things done!

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    nglfmark likes this.
    01-01-15 05:17 AM
    My thoughts exactly!

Q lover.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 07:01 AM
    Got it this afternoon. Still exploring it. First impressions are great. What a great form factor. NOW I remember how sweet one handed phone operation is.

Thanks!

And what an amazing little speaker it has. Music sounds pretty darned good.
    Not sure if u know this already but if u pinch the Hub it will show u all of the unread messages. Huge timesaver for me. Also the attachment icon will pull of of ur attachments for u. I love Hub. And Blend is awesome, if u r running 10.3.1.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    01-01-15 11:56 AM
    What a great small device this is. And is there a better form factor for a cell phone? I think not.
    nglfmark and Senor Wright like this.
    01-01-15 01:29 PM
    Six days using it. I like it even more. I think my favorite "thing" is being able to do any task with just one hand. And quickly.
    Marthaelisa17 likes this.
    01-04-15 05:15 PM
    Six days using it. I like it even more. I think my favorite "thing" is being able to do any task with just one hand. And quickly.
    Yes it really is an awesome phone! The Hub is the best!

01-04-15 05:25 PM
    My last Blackberry was my Bold back in 2009. After using it for a couple years I strayed into the Android neighborhood.

I am currently awaiting delivery of a Q10.
    How do you like the Q10 so far?. I get to pick mine up from the post office monday morning (ordered from Amazon last thursday). My last BB was a Curve 8530 and since 2012 ive been using a Galaxy Note 2.
    01-05-15 02:29 AM
    If you want movies and games just get a tablet of a PC lol. Q10 does what a phone is meant to do. That too exceptionally well.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 05:38 AM
    How do you like the Q10 so far?. I get to pick mine up from the post office monday morning (ordered from Amazon last thursday). My last BB was a Curve 8530 and since 2012 ive been using a Galaxy Note 2.
    I had a Note 2 before I got my Q10 bout 6 months ago. I have no regrets! It will take time getting adjusted to screen size and going back to pkb. The OS is so different from that of The Note obviously, but it works so well and does the job so well. Hope you like it and enjoy!

01-05-15 06:52 AM
    Yes we do, but I need space for other things! I can fit my Q easier in my side pocket of purse or jacket pocket.

Well said

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 07:17 AM
51 123