After a few days of using the Q10 instead of my Z10, I think I will stick with the Q and unload my Z for an iPad mini. This will give me the best communications device/OS (for me) as well as a large screen and unlimited app selection in a portable format to handle the stuff that doesn't scale that well to the 720X720 screen. The PlayBook news clinched the decision for me.

Now to decide if I want to wait for the Mini 2...
    06-29-13 05:13 PM
    After a few days of using the Q10 instead of my Z10, I think I will stick with the Q and unload my Z for an iPad mini. This will give me the best communications device/OS (for me) as well as a large screen and unlimited app selection in a portable format to handle the stuff that doesn't scale that well to the 720X720 screen. The PlayBook news clinched the decision for me.

Now to decide if I want to wait for the Mini 2...
    Wait and see if Apple rolls out a Retina iPad mini... iOS 7 is terrible for fonts on the mini w/o that retina display and I doubt there will be much changes in that area from iOS 7 beta to release.
    pttptppt likes this.
    06-29-13 05:21 PM
    ++ The best combo so far for sure, I'm really hoping for some display improvements this fall though...
    06-29-13 05:25 PM
    I use this exact combo.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 05:31 PM
    me too

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:41 PM
    I use the playbook got it for cheap and I'm not afraid of breaking it or it getting stolen.

Posted via CB10
    Karine Fournier likes this.
    06-29-13 07:52 PM
    I use the playbook got it for cheap and I'm not afraid of breaking it or it getting stolen.

Posted via CB10
    I have a playbook...but it definitely doesn't fit the "unlimited app selection" category and never will...so iPad mini it is...
    06-29-13 08:05 PM
    My combo is Q10 and the new 11" MBA

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:09 PM
    I have a playbook...but it definitely doesn't fit the "unlimited app selection" category and never will...so iPad mini it is...
    I don't use any apps, only the browser.. I don't need apps on my laptop just a browser and some programs.. that's just me.. the only reason the word app ever became popular was because apple used applications app is short for applications instead of programs like windows. Not sure anyone but apple could technically use the word app anyway lol they should sue.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 09:04 PM
    My combo is Q10 and the new 11" MBA

Posted via CB10
    I must be tired.. MBA? Not a tablet right? That refers to MacBook Air?
    06-29-13 09:08 PM
    Another question: Get a mobile hotspot from AT&T or use the one on the Q? I haven't yet tried the one on the Q10, my plan changes on July 1 to allow it; but I'm thinking I won't like the tradeoff of my phone getting hot and burning through the battery while I've got the hotspot going...but not sure if I'll like having to make sure I'm in range of a third device. Of course I could go with a cellular iPad mini, but that seems limiting...plus I might be worried that would burn through data quicker being always connected.

Experiences?
    06-29-13 10:02 PM
    Well looks like I am finally giving up on the PB. I tried for as long as I could even as I have been laughed at at work and at church when I pull out my "trusty" PB that cant print over wifi and for which an increasing number of sideloaded apps do not work (Madden 25 anyone?). Then the JW Library App was released this week, predictably not on BB. I try sideloading it but of course it requires a downloaded update which failed. So I ordered an iPad mini yesterday. I will still find something to do with my two PBs around the house. Oh what could have been...
    10-08-13 09:56 AM
    do you have a q10 or z10 the JWL app works on?
    10-09-13 08:18 PM
    Well looks like I am finally giving up on the PB. I tried for as long as I could even as I have been laughed at at work and at church when I pull out my "trusty" PB that cant print over wifi and for which an increasing number of sideloaded apps do not work (Madden 25 anyone?). Then the JW Library App was released this week, predictably not on BB. I try sideloading it but of course it requires a downloaded update which failed. So I ordered an iPad mini yesterday. I will still find something to do with my two PBs around the house. Oh what could have been...
    Email me if you would like the fixed JW Library app for blackberry playbook and z10 running os 10.1 and up. I am a brother in Minnesota and the very first thing I did on monday morning after the annual meeting was to download the google version and port it. It works great on both my z10 and my playbook. [email protected]
    dodgerfan_nyc likes this.
    10-09-13 08:31 PM
    Another question: Get a mobile hotspot from AT&T or use the one on the Q? I haven't yet tried the one on the Q10, my plan changes on July 1 to allow it; but I'm thinking I won't like the tradeoff of my phone getting hot and burning through the battery while I've got the hotspot going...but not sure if I'll like having to make sure I'm in range of a third device. Of course I could go with a cellular iPad mini, but that seems limiting...plus I might be worried that would burn through data quicker being always connected.

Experiences?
    Well I'm planning to go with the $30 plan with tmobile and have at least 5 gigs on the iPad. Since I'm usually near wifi a lot I won't burn through the data
    10-09-13 09:12 PM
    Hi Brother:
    How did you get the other translations working?
    A Brother in WA.
    10-26-13 03:39 PM
    google nexus 7 2013 + Q10 > q10 + ipad mini
    10-26-13 03:51 PM
    I agree the browser does everything you need on the PlayBook.
    Who needs apps?
    And yes, if you live streamTV channels and soccer or hockey games, neither the Z10 nor the Playbook need an app and they have both better resolution when streaming than the Ipad. I tried my daughter's Ipad2 side by side with the PlayBook, both on Livestation streaming BBC World News �n HQ in Canada. The PlayBook had much better resolution, even though the Ipad was using the Livestation app!
    Even though she uses everything Apple, she knows that both the Playbook and the Z10 are better at live streaming than her Ipad and Iphone.... Her excuse is: Who needs streaming when you can download old TV episodes...LOL
    Apple users are so last decade...
    When you have LTE, a fast processor and a high resolution screen, you live stream HD or else you don't take advantage of an expensive and powerful computer in your hands.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:38 PM