I just downloaded the updated version of color ID for the latest version of the OS. Permissions for the app are on as directed but the different LED colour codes for my contacts are not working for notifications of text and email.

Also, does this version work with BBM? It did for my old Bold 9900 but the new Q10 doesn't have it. Do we have any info related to this?

Thanks
    Last edited by St Albert Frank; 02-10-14 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Spelling and added to the post.
    02-10-14 12:14 AM
    I had trouble with that app too, bin it and download HUB++ it's miles better and a lot more things can be customised.

Posted via CB10
    Igraine likes this.
    02-10-14 06:16 AM
    It just doesn't work since the app went headless. It's a shame but then again it was free so what the hell was I expecting?!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 05:31 AM
    I have the paid version as well. It use to work fine as long as I left it as an open frame. But with the update to allow it to run in the background it only worked for about 3 or 4 texts then stopped.

A phone reboot will give me again about 3 or 4 texts then no more.

Won't work at all if I go ahead and leave it open.

I've emailed about 4 times and they won't reply. They say free support for paid version but all I get is automated reply telling to go to wiki support which tells me nothing.

Frustrating. Hoping they may by chance see this thread.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    03-08-14 11:52 AM
    Decided to abandon ColorID and I purchased Hub++ today. And so far it's working great and runs headless.

Yes I paid for color ID & hub ++ but I've spent more money on dumber stuff than that so ha ha

03-08-14 03:40 PM
    I had the same issue..

About to go back to BeBuzz.. only went away cuz it was having contact problems but haven't tried since 10.2.1...

But that's better than color id, cuz as is, it's basically unusable because it only works or the first few alerts then quits

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 06:38 AM
    I went ahead and purchased Hub++ and it's working flawless & headless. Worth the $2.99 IMHO

03-11-14 02:39 PM
    I went ahead and purchased Hub++ and it's working flawless & headless. Worth the $2.99 IMHO

i'm strongly considering it.. first, I do have one slightly confusing question for you on the control of the LED with Hub++.. the best way I can ask/describe is to compare it to other apps...

ok so with Color ID, normally it blinks like once or twice per second give or take... however if I am getting a low battery notification (blinks once every 3 secs), then get a message, ColorID only shows the custom LED color once every 3 seconds right behind/after the low batt led... but I don't like that.. I'm looking for an another app that doesn't "wait" for the low batt/other notifications, and I know it can be done because that's how BeBuzz worked before it started giving me separate issues...

I'm curious how Hubb++ handles this if you've noticed, or if you can test this out??
    03-13-14 01:08 AM
    I've just had to delete colour id. It was playing up. Deleting contacts and flashing for no reason.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:31 PM
    i'm strongly considering it.. first, I do have one slightly confusing question for you on the control of the LED with Hub++.. the best way I can ask/describe is to compare it to other apps...

ok so with Color ID, normally it blinks like once or twice per second give or take... however if I am getting a low battery notification (blinks once every 3 secs), then get a message, ColorID only shows the custom LED color once every 3 seconds right behind/after the low batt led... but I don't like that.. I'm looking for an another app that doesn't "wait" for the low batt/other notifications, and I know it can be done because that's how BeBuzz worked before it started giving me separate issues...

I'm curious how Hubb++ handles this if you've noticed, or if you can test this out??
    Oh Hmmm I don't know because I don't have mine set to indicate low battery. But I do have it set for bbm, text & Facebook and what happens is led blinks in order of received. So if I get a text that is say red/white then a FB notification that is say blue/blue then BBM is say blue/red my led will blink in that order.

Hope this helps or sort of answers your question.

03-17-14 07:28 PM
    Me too...app is crap!
    06-05-14 11:47 AM