04-04-14 01:53 AM
    Does he have a public communication channel?

I suppose it would be a VERY GOOD deal for people of this community to invite him over to this community and then show him some ropes (give or take that he knows / don't know the OS and its quirks, and perks)

Or he doesn't have any?

A quick read on the previous "diaries" he wrote indicates that he DOES go around support communities to get more out of his devices, especially when he faces an issue.
    04-04-14 01:57 AM
    Thanks for sharing this. I will be following his experience, given that he has chosen to review the Q10. He has prior experience with a Blackberry, so it will interesting to see what he thinks of BB10 on the Q.

[Edit: Also glad that the person doing the testing is not from the team that did "Always On". Seriously, their whole attitude to BB10 OS and devices sucked big time. Then, Donald Bell did a dumb CNET Top 5, where he claimed that BB was being sold for parts (a week after they had already taken down the for-sale sign).]
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    04-04-14 02:01 AM
    I like how he thinks the BlackBerry experience is with qwerty. Hmm the Z30 is absolutely the best BlackBerry experience in terms of best touch keyboard and taking full advantage of the BB10 UI. Obviously 10.3 will change that to somehow make it more productive.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 04-04-14 at 03:15 PM.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    04-04-14 02:04 AM
    Does he have a public communication channel?

I suppose it would be a VERY GOOD deal for people of this community to invite him over to this community and then show him some ropes (give or take that he knows / don't know the OS and its quirks, and perks)

Or he doesn't have any?

A quick read on the previous "diaries" he wrote indicates that he DOES go around support communities to get more out of his devices, especially when he faces an issue.
    I posted my channel pin and a link to crackberry.com. Good idea!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 02:04 AM
    I like how he thinks the BlackBerry experience with is qwerty. Hmm the Z30 is absolutely the best BlackBerry experience in terms of best touch keyboard and taking full advantage of the BB10 UI. Obviously 10.3 will change that to somehow make it more productive.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Secretly, I wish that he is so impressed with the Q10, that he then goes on to do a week with the Z30 to test the flicking goodness .

Seriously though, the default most likely scenario is that he will find the "app gap" insurmountable compared to the Android that he is used to, and though the keyboard will earn high marks, the small screen will be a tradeoff that he is unwilling to make (which might be all the more reason for him to test the Z30).

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's just see what he thinks.
    04-04-14 02:21 AM
    You beat me to the punch, I was going to share this as well.

Interested to see his review. I hope he's fair. More importantly, I hope this will be some free positive marketing for BlackBerry, especially with all the latest bickering and bad news.

I wish he would include the Z10/30 as they are different experiences than the Q10 - I'm a Q10 user. Being that most people are coming from the full-touch iOS and Android devices - a better comparison for them.

emPowered by ?
    04-04-14 06:48 AM
    http://www.cnet.com.au/blackberry-di...-339347017.htm

BlackBerry Diaries: day one
    I'd expected setting up the BlackBerry Q10 to be a fairly long and involved process. I was half right.
    04-07-14 06:51 AM
    Seems like a down to earth guy. Let's hope it goes well for him.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    04-07-14 07:24 AM
    any notable updates thus far?
    04-07-14 09:35 AM
    Cool

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-07-14 11:29 AM
    It just feels great to have educated BlackBerry users educating 'people' on how to use it properly without having them to think about home screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:41 AM
    Hmm I have mixed feeling about this. BlackBerry has gone a long way from making just qwerty phones. I shouldnt be saying this because I chose to wait for the q10 than to get the zed 10 when it first came out, but the z10/30 isnt half bad. We really neeed to get past with the mindset that BlackBerry only makes keyboard phones.

In retrospect I wonder when I will finally ditch the keyboard for a larger screen....

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 08:24 PM
    http://www.cnet.com.au/blackberry-di...-339347030.htm

BlackBerry Diaries: day two
    Well, let it never be said that BlackBerry is without a vocal and dedicated user base.
    04-08-14 04:40 AM
    I wonder if he will be using the latest os.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 06:07 AM
    It doesn't seem to be the bash fest many were expecting. But it's still early I guess.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 07:31 AM
    I love the fact that he is getting getting useful tips from BlackBerry users, including Snap. BlackBerry has a great, albeit smaller, fan base just rooting for BB10.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-08-14 07:32 AM
    The thing I like about these types of reviews is that they are actually using the phone as opposed to just playing with it out of the box.

BB10 isn't something you can just open the box and use...it takes some time.

I've seen so many "reviews" of Bb10 and all it is an overview. As you can tell by his comments he's seeing some of the benefits as time goes on.

By using the Q10 he's seems to be bringing up the smaller screen but it IS a smaller screen.

We'll see as the review goes on.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 09:26 AM
    So far so good. I'd really like to comment on the site but it seems like there is absolutely no way for one to create a log-in via their mobile site. My Us based CNET account doesn't work for the AU version.

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    04-08-14 10:20 AM
    Guys, when you write comments under those articles on CNET, PLEASE be respectful.

I mean they don't know much about BB10 not because they are dumb, only because they are like most of the smartphone users out there, did not have enough time on this platform.

Like the author said in his response to one of the comments, he did not intend to do a review on the device or platform. Instead, he was only to record the experience as a user just picked up a Q10, a regular user who is neither knowledgeable nor diligent as our CB readers.

Being disrespectful is only going to push him to the dark side, and yield more negativity towards BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    04-08-14 03:10 PM
    Guys, when you write comments under those articles on CNET, PLEASE be respectful.

I mean they don't know much about BB10 not because they are dumb, only because they are like most of the smartphone users out there, did not have enough time on this platform.

Like the author said in his response to one of the comments, he did not intend to do a review on the device or platform. Instead, he was only to record the experience as a user just picked up a Q10, a regular user who is neither knowledgeable nor diligent as our CB readers.

Being disrespectful is only going to push him to the dark side, and yield more negativity towards BlackBerry.

Agreed

Posted via my Z30 using CB10
    04-08-14 04:07 PM
    That "no negativity thing" goes both ways ;-)

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-08-14 04:57 PM
    I like how he thinks the BlackBerry experience is with qwerty. Hmm the Z30 is absolutely the best BlackBerry experience in terms of best touch keyboard and taking full advantage of the BB10 UI. Obviously 10.3 will change that to somehow make it more productive.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Your comment regarding 10.3 will make bb10 more productive. Are you using 10.3?

? CB10 ?
    04-08-14 05:12 PM

+1000

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    04-08-14 05:22 PM
    Here is his twitter:

https://twitter.com/dr_nic
    Jonny-R likes this.
    04-08-14 06:33 PM
48 12