Is there a way to get the classic tones for the Q10? Love the phone, but dislike the tone options. Love that traditional BlackBerry text tone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    01-03-14 12:41 PM
    01-03-14 12:52 PM
    Thank you very much!!

01-03-14 01:17 PM
    Uhm... not the most technically savvy. Downloading the tones was the easy part. How would I go about loading them onto my handheld?
    01-03-14 01:25 PM
    Adam did a nice article on this a while back. Here's the CB article and additional download links.

Missing those classic ringtones from your old BlackBerry? Here's how you can get them on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    01-03-14 01:27 PM
    Copy them to your ringtones folder on the phone.
    01-03-14 01:27 PM
    Thanks!!

Copy them to your ringtones folder on the phone.
    01-03-14 01:31 PM
    I'm about to have a mental breakdown. I need someone to take me through this step by step. Yes, I am that helpless.
    01-03-14 01:53 PM
    Never mind. Thank you for all the help, but I figured it out.
    01-03-14 02:05 PM
    1. Download the tones that you want to use to your computer.

2. Connect the handset to your computer via USB.

3. Wait for the computer to initiate the connection with your phone, if you've never connected it, BlackBerry Link and the drivers will install. We won't be using Link though, so don't worry about the, rightfully, poor reviews of the software.

4. After the computer 'sees' your phone, it will add the internal and SD card as network drives. If you used the same SD card as your old BlackBerry there will be a ringtones folder already on it. If not, you'll need to create one, but be sure to put it inside of the Voice folder so that the music app doesn't see the tones as potential songs.

5. Copy the tones to the newly created folder and then change the settings on the device to use them by selecting the option to Browse Music.

6. Use the file manager to navigate to where you placed them in the steps above.
    01-03-14 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the tip, but I guess out of frustration, I tried everything I could see and finally figured it out.

1. Download the tones that you want to use to your computer.

2. Connect the handset to your computer via USB.

3. Wait for the computer to initiate the connection with your phone, if you've never connected it, BlackBerry Link and the drivers will install. We won't be using Link though, so don't worry about the, rightfully, poor reviews of the software.

4. After the computer 'sees' your phone, it will add the internal and SD card as network drives. If you used the same SD card as your old BlackBerry there will be a ringtones folder already on it. If not, you'll need to create one, but be sure to put it inside of the Voice folder so that the music app doesn't see the tones as potential songs.

5. Copy the tones to the newly created folder and then change the settings on the device to use them by selecting the option to Browse Music.

6. Use the file manager to navigate to where you placed them in the steps above.
    01-03-14 02:29 PM
    love to see when help is rendered.....CB ers are the best most times
    01-03-14 02:38 PM
    Use the file share option. No usb required, and you won't end up bat**** insane trying to use the pos software known as Link.

A forum search should offer up the details, it isn't a "well known" feature, but it sure is useful for the transfer of files.

CDN BB
    01-03-14 03:19 PM
    Would anyone be willing to help me? The only computer I have is an old PowerPC G4 Mac running OS X 10.4. I have no way to download those archives in that CB article because that Piece of crap site they are uploaded to won't let me. It does some kind of browser check and insists everything I have access to is incompatible or out of date. Also can't do it thru my Q either. Any chance someone could upload those here or at least another service? :/

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    01-03-14 03:39 PM