I smashed my Q10 screen, and asked my assistant to order me a new Q10. Our contract with Verizon doesn't offer a Q10 at this point, only a Blackberry Classic (of the ones that have buttons, that is, which I want). It looks just like my Q10 (in the website pics) - is it the same? Or similar enough?
    08-06-15 07:06 AM
    Similar. Classic is better device IMHO. Recommend make the change. We have both in my family. Classic rules for me.

C000C6078 Bits for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    08-06-15 07:27 AM
    The functionality of the Classic will be familiar to you coming from the Q10 and you won't have to learn anything new as far as the OS is concerned. What you will get is a slightly heavier and larger phone (incl. Keyboard and Screen), the screen will be brighter (LCD) and you will get the additional tool belt, which I use all the time.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:58 AM
    The screen isn't just brighter. It can also be dimmed much lower (a major selling point for me). The Classic's screen is supremely better than the Q10's. Especially color accuracy.

The keyboard and build quality are not better imo. The Q10 is a great feeling device. Lightweight. Very well-built. That said, the Q10 always has required a keyboard replacement for me. Double-typing. But that's true of any BlackBerry I guess.

But I'd still go for the Classic. Verizon will take care of any issues you have, and the phone offers a genuinely better experience despite the weight and size increase.

I still like the Q10 more, but the Classic is a solid phone and you won't be disappointed by it.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:07 AM
    Only you can decide....

I have played with the Classic, and it is not for me. I am a great fan of the Q10. I think the size is exceptional. And I very much take advantage of the ability to replace batteries when I want to on the fly. As for screen, both are good, but different technologies. Yes, the Classic seemed brighter, but I found the colours deeper and richer on the Q, and the Q has, due to its smaller screen real estate a higher pixel density. For, me the Classic seemed a little grainy, for want of a better description.

But as I wrote at the beginning, go play for yourself. See if your carrier, as does mine, will give you a demo unit for a couple of days.
    08-06-15 09:27 AM
    Classic screen is pixelated and lcd where q10 is amoled and crisp. In hand feel is amazing in q10 n removable battery is a plus. I sold classic for q10

Posted Via Blackberry Q10
    08-06-15 09:37 AM
    I smashed my Q10 screen, and asked my assistant to order me a new Q10. Our contract with Verizon doesn't offer a Q10 at this point, only a Blackberry Classic (of the ones that have buttons, that is, which I want). It looks just like my Q10 (in the website pics) - is it the same? Or similar enough?
    why not get a q10 off ebay they are not too much to buy
    fkornre, ayngling and TomTrocc like this.
    08-06-15 09:46 AM
    It's a similar device. Bit bigger, bigger battery and with trackpad and toolbelt. Those are the differences mostly. And amoled vs lcd, but that has been mentioned before.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 02:07 PM
    Classic, without doubt

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 02:13 PM
    I was really excited to get the Classic, I have had both and actually found I prefer the Q10. Much lighter, smaller and more pocketable. The larger screen on the Classic didn't really make any difference for me because it is not THAT much larger... The toolbelt I didn't used really at all, maybe to scroll in text when typing, but with the qwerty I rarely make a mistake, so it was rarely used. I thought the keyboard on the Classic was too big --- I'm not a huge guy, pretty average 5'10" and thought the larger size slowed down my typing and was uncomfortable to reach the edge keys. Being able to switch and replace the battery on the Q10 is pretty huge too. I don't know, the q10 just feels better in my hand, but it is a preference thing of course.

Q10 for $100? You cannot beat it.
    08-06-15 02:25 PM
    I have both...I prefer the Q10.
    The Classic's weight makes it an unfriendly phone to carry around daily.
    Also, if I have a trackpad I would expect it to work on every screen, in every app, all the time. That is not the case.
    When using my 9930 I never touched the screen, not once. When I use my Classic I have to touch the screen for some actions and that bothers me. I'm weird like that. When using my Q10 I know I need to use my finger to navigate so my brain is cool with that. When I use the Classic I don't want to have to use both the trackpad and screen for navigation, I just want to use the trackpad. Again I'm weird like that. I'm not a fan of touchscreen phones but I can live with the Q10 the way it is. If the Classic could function 100% using the trackpad only then I'd be good. I might even forget the extra weight.
    08-06-15 02:28 PM
    I just came back to q10 after a classic. Much prefer q

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 06:00 PM
    Q10 I once had one now z30

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 07:57 PM
    Thanks all. Had to go with Classic since it is supported by our enterprise contract. Wow, it is heavier! That's a bit of a bummer, but I like the bigger screen.
    ayngling likes this.
    08-17-15 10:32 AM