Hello everybody,

I just moved from Nokia E5 to BB Q10. Nokia allowed me to choose the type of connection which should be used for mailbox updates. I mean I could choose if it connected through wifi or mobile network operator. I cannot find such settings in my BB. Is there such an option?

The reason I need to solve this is that the company I work for does not have own SMTP server. If I want to use my phone to send e-mails, I have to use my mobile network operator's SMTP. It works well but the problem appears if I am connected through wifi. This SMTP obviously does not work in this case. Is there any way to force my BB to use my mobile network operator only for this mailbox?

I hope it is clear.

Thank you in advance for help.
    04-05-16 05:31 PM
    Just do an advanced setup for your email and manually enter in the server names.

How exactly does your company send email without an SMTP server?

Posted via CB10
    Darexas likes this.
    04-06-16 12:32 PM
    Okay, to be honest, I am not into these things and I do not actually know how it works. The only thing I know is that within the company LAN the e-mails works using Microsoft Exchange. If we are outside the company and want to check our e-mails, we use IMAP. In Blackberry settings, I enter imap.companyname.cz. This allows me to sync all the folders so I can read new e-mails. But if I need to send an e-mail, there is no smtp.companyname.cz. Our IT department tells me to use smtp.carrier.cz.

It was okay when I was using my Nokia. It allowed me to force it to use carrier to update e-mails. However, Blackberry automatically uses Wifi where available and then smtp.carrier.cz does not work of course.

How to force Blackberry to use mobile network to send e-mails?
    04-06-16 04:09 PM