Two quick questions:

Will I hurt my battery is I use my old iphone or ipad connector plug with my Q10 usb cable for charging?

Is there any chance of hurting my phone/information with a lot of battery pulls? I like to do a soft reset after charging the battery to reset the system.

Thanks.
    07-25-13 09:58 AM
    Two quick questions:

Will I hurt my battery is I use my old iphone or ipad connector plug with my Q10 usb cable for charging?

Is there any chance of hurting my phone/information with a lot of battery pulls? I like to do a soft reset after charging the battery to reset the system.

Thanks.
    Not sure about the first question....I wouldn't try it though.

For the second...No you won't hurt the phone or information.
    07-25-13 10:29 AM
    If you use a charger that's weaker then an OEM, you battery could overheat, take longer to charge and it probably won't get a full charge.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 11:01 AM
    RR #2:
    I've read comments by a number of the really experienced Cb'ers, including Moderators, that battery pulls are not recommended. Instead, for a hard reset, press and hold both up/down media keys at the same time and hold until your device restarts. (I think it was Kris who said that's how the BB techs do it.)
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 07-25-13 at 01:20 PM.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-25-13 11:41 AM
    RR #2:
    I've read comments by a number of the really experienced Cb'ers, including Moderators, that battery pulls are not recommended. Instead, for a hard reset, press and hold both up/down media keys at the same time and hold until your device restarts. (I think it was Kris who said thus I'd how the BB techs do it.
    That is how the BB Techs do it. It's the method I prefer. There is the power button hard reset, but I don't believe that works on the Q.
    07-25-13 12:43 PM
    When I hear "hard reset" I think return to factory settings. Will a hard reset with the power button and media button harm my data/information?
    07-25-13 06:59 PM
    With BB10 battery pulls are no longer needed. A restart will get you the same results.

That's why the Q5 and the coming A10 has / will have a non removable battery.

And the Ipod cude will not give enough power for BB10 devices.

The PlayBook charge is a rapid charger for the new devices

Posted via CB10 on my Rogers LTE MAX Q10 and LTE Z10 in Toronto
    07-25-13 07:23 PM
    Not to be stupid, but do you mean hard reset when you say "a restart?" Or do you mean a simple power off/power on?
    07-25-13 07:28 PM
    When I hear "hard reset" I think return to factory settings. Will a hard reset with the power button and media button harm my data/information?
    No, it won't. It's just the BB 10 replacement for the battery pull. All data and settings are left intact.

Not to be stupid, but do you mean hard reset when you say "a restart?" Or do you mean a simple power off/power on?
    The power off/on is not as effective -- think of the restart as the sleep or hibernation mode on a PC. The hard rest is more akin to a reboot, where the temporary cache is cleared.
    07-25-13 08:29 PM
    Hard reset - battery pull
    Hold the up and down volume keys for 10 secs has similar effect as battery pull therefore a hard reset.

Soft reset - power button.
    07-25-13 08:54 PM
    I have two batteries for my Z10, so one is always on the charger. I swap the batteries once a day and never have had a problem due to Battery Pulls. It's not that it's bad, it's just not needed anymore.
    07-25-13 09:05 PM
    Thanks everyone. I will start using the media buttons for a hard reset. Much appreciated.
    07-25-13 09:13 PM
    Not true! Battery pulling resolve things that restart doesn't! Even in OS 10. Everyone?!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:32 PM
    Battery pulls? Really? This is BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:38 PM
    Battery pulls have resolved a few issues for me. But, I haven't had a chance to try this hard reset.
    07-26-13 05:14 AM
    When I press and hold the up and down buttons on my q10 it takes a picture of my screen. But what is wrong with the battery pull anyway? I did it when my battery got real hot one day and nothing bad happened as a result.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 05:33 AM
    I tried the volume up and down thing only to get a screen shot as well. But try holding alt shift del to hard reset...it worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 06:45 AM
    On the Q10? Held all three keys together for about 20 seconds and nothing happened. When I hold the power button at the top and get the countdown before it cuts off is that a hard reset?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 06:54 AM
    You hold the volume keys until the device turns off, you than let go and it'll reboot

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 06:57 AM
    I get a screenshot too. But, once I release, the phone restarts. Doesn't seem like there is a definitive answer on the battery pull question.
    07-27-13 08:44 PM