Dude your usuage threw out the day must be very minimal , i don't care what smart phone it is 18hrz is really long, and impossible to achieve on one charge with heavy usage..

Posted via CB10
    If in my client's office: 2-3 hours of talktime per day (note: would have been using UMA instead of 3G - does this have less impact on the battery?) and reading personal emails (very little web-browsing)

Out and about: reading 50-100 emails every day, and probably typing short responses to 20-30 of them; 1-3 hours talktime (note: this was more likely to drain the battery faster)

In my own office: n/a as always use a charging stand for hands-free conversations
    03-30-13 02:34 PM
    I felt the same. I'm just sick of the touch screen ad I want my keyboard back. I Trieste z 10 and I like it I really do but when I held a 9900 I was thinking , the q10 is bigger and I want those keys!!!
    03-30-13 02:37 PM
    This is one of my concerns come upgrade time. My experiences with my iPhone have been nothing like that. I get a good 12 hours out of a charge, usually more. And that's with what I consider above moderate use. My only 2 friends who have an iPhone 5 quote the same thing. The ones who switched from iPhone 5 to GIII says his battery life is about the same. I work out in the middle of nowhere outdoors, and the idea of 8 hours or less of battery life is concerning. I am hoping to get 10-12 hours a charge on whatever phone I get (Z10 is top of list currently, but definitely concerned about the battery reports I read on here).
    That's why I've said my usuage, everyone's is going to be different, that's why I listed the phones *I've* used and how long they all have lasted.. don't be scared on the battery life of the Z10 its amazing and the best so far to date from what I've used and my buddy's gf said the Z10(her work phone) shames her Nexus 4 in battery life

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 04:35 PM
    If in my client's office: 2-3 hours of talktime per day (note: would have been using UMA instead of 3G - does this have less impact on the battery?) and reading personal emails (very little web-browsing)

Out and about: reading 50-100 emails every day, and probably typing short responses to 20-30 of them; 1-3 hours talktime (note: this was more likely to drain the battery faster)

In my own office: n/a as always use a charging stand for hands-free conversations
    Well my usuage is pretty solid of non stop Web browsering, texting and bbm'ing threw out the day, as I'm on the road a lot at work (Passenger) so im always on phone passing time. If I were to run straight battery I wud last 8hrz maybe a tad longer, but u have a car charger so im not even worried about it dying on my..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 04:38 PM
    I think the Q10 will prove to be an attractive mobile solution beyond Blackberry's core followers. Devices with a keypad running a smartphone OS are virtually non existent now.
    03-30-13 06:44 PM
    Nickthebold, you are so darn right I did the same thing and I do love my Z10 but yeah I'm going to get the Q10 when it comes out in Canada too. Not letting go of my Z10 either.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:48 PM
    Sprints making my decision very easy for me, Q10 it is, but honestly I think that would have been my 1rst choice anyway
    03-30-13 07:28 PM

That's actually very close to my usage patterns as far as talk and email time. I also run Pulse news app at least twice a day (work related), and if I am near WiFi will have Songza on while working. I will check Facebook twice a day as well.

I get at a minimum 12 hours, generally more with my current phone. Do you have the Z10 BigAl? What kind of battery life are you getting with it if so? Thanks.
    03-30-13 08:54 PM
    I did the same -- I bought the Z10 and while it is okay, I definitely will wait for the Q10 (and hope they fix the pin-to-pin and BIS issues that the Z10 has).
    03-30-13 09:12 PM
    That's actually very close to my usage patterns as far as talk and email time. I also run Pulse news app at least twice a day (work related), and if I am near WiFi will have Songza on while working. I will check Facebook twice a day as well.

I get at a minimum 12 hours, generally more with my current phone. Do you have the Z10 BigAl? What kind of battery life are you getting with it if so? Thanks.
    Hi torndown

No, I don't have the Z10 - I am waiting for the Q10 to come out so I can do a compare and contrast (I have played with the Z10 and it is very impressive - but I prefer a physical keyboard and have concerns about battery life)

The thread was about.... my old 9700 easily coped with my usual 18 hour day (until after 16 months the battery 'dropped off a cliff'). Unfortunately I replaced my 9700 with a 9900 (can't wait to get rid of it) on which the battery is usually showing RED by 5pm (very annoying). I am hoping that the Q10 will have at least as good battery life as the 9700 did (and my previous blackberries, which were even better, eg 9000, 8820)

Rgds

Alex
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    03-31-13 09:11 AM
    That's why I've said my usuage, everyone's is going to be different, that's why I listed the phones *I've* used and how long they all have lasted.. don't be scared on the battery life of the Z10 its amazing and the best so far to date from what I've used and my buddy's gf said the Z10(her work phone) shames her Nexus 4 in battery life

Posted via CB10
    I love my Z10 but the battery life is fair at best. I use my phone primarily for business, including email, managing my calendar and 2-3 hours of voice calls each weekday. That's not exceptionally heavy use, but it runs me down to around 20% or lower by the end of the business day.

I contrast this with an iphone 5, which lasts a full day and a half at least with the same usage pattern. Yes, there are things I can do more efficiently on my Z10, but enjoying amazing battery life isn't one of them.

It's probably worth noting that this is with LTE enabled on both phones. I suspect if I were using 3G exclusively the battery would be great, but I'm frankly not willing to give up the speed.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by raremage; 03-31-13 at 05:11 PM.
    shinerb likes this.
    03-31-13 11:35 AM
    Same to me, too. Not bad the Z10, well done with the big screen. BUT physical keyboard remains as it is.
    So, I am waiting for the Q10. This should be the best of two devices: Bigger and (due to the higher resolution) clearer screen than the 99xx, the new OS10 and, of course, this genious keyboard. YEAH!!!
    04-01-13 06:13 AM
    my only question is whether i keep my z10 after i buy the q10 or not.. lol
    04-01-13 11:47 AM
    I was at local Verizon store today and played with the Z10 for 30 minutes. NO THANKS. I am waiting on the Q10 and it better be more user-friendly than the Z10. Very little seemed easy and straightforward with the Z10. But I do not like on-screen keyboards either. And it took quite a bit of time finding that! It actually took a lot of time trying to find anything.
    04-01-13 01:55 PM
    I was at local Verizon store today and played with the Z10 for 30 minutes. NO THANKS. I am waiting on the Q10 and it better be more user-friendly than the Z10. Very little seemed easy and straightforward with the Z10. But I do not like on-screen keyboards either. And it took quite a bit of time finding that! It actually took a lot of time trying to find anything.
    Because you don't how to use it properly, took me about 20minz to get used to the gestures and stuff when I got my Z10

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-01-13 02:01 PM
    Haha. Some posts make me giggle. 'I went into a shop, couldn't work it, so walked out'. Really...

Posted via CB10
    Jake Storm likes this.
    04-01-13 03:31 PM
    I bought my z10 Friday morning and it is a great device. I'll pass it to a family member when I get my q10. The physical keyboard takes precedence over the larger screen. The q10 is definitely the way to go for me. Meanwhile I'll use the z10 for the bb10 experience.
    04-01-13 04:06 PM
    I'm on a 9650 now. I passed on the 9930 because of battery life and the camera. I passed on the 9850 Torch because of the lack of keyboard (not really liking the implementation of the OS7 virtual keyboard). After the first BB10 demos (before launch and carrier announcements), I talked myself into really liking the virtual keyboard on the Z10 and decided that a really easy-to-use virtual keyboard plus the additional screen real estate is the way to go.

Then, right around launch, the bomb drops. Sprint is passing on the Z10 and will be carrying the Q10 'later this year'. Since I'm tied to Sprint and don't have the option of switching, I've got myself back into a Q10 mindset. I really look forward to the keyboard, but wonder what text selection on the smaller screen will be like without a trackpad. Shortly after launch, it was announced that the Q10 will have a 2100mAh battery! That alone is making me more and more eager to get a Q10. My objections to the 9930 were battery life and camera - both of which seem to have been addressed with the Q10.

My only issue now is when Sprint will begin selling the Q10. My hope is that for the Q10, unlike the Z10, there will be a more uniform launch. But I can only hope. If Sprint had launched a Z10, I'd probably be posting from that right now. Both the Z10 and the Q10 seem like amazing devices which will only improve as the software matures. Choosing a Z10 or a Q10 is the type of problem that I can learn to live with!

With regard to battery issues that others have been discussing here, I offer the following. BBM Groups eats a lot of battery. News aggregator apps (that update behind the scenes) eats a lot of battery too. I find my battery life substantially improved when I remove myself from groups and set news readers not to aggregate behind the scenes. I keep my Groups active and it's nice to know why my battery life is reduced. But it's the price I pay for using BBM Groups.
    04-01-13 06:44 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Z10 is the most amazing smartphone i have ever owned .... (until the Q10) .. lol .....
    04-01-13 08:08 PM
    It's all about app format for me. If all of the apps need black bars I'm going Z10.
    04-01-13 08:33 PM
    It's all about app format for me. If all of the apps need black bars I'm going Z10.
    Exactly man, I'm the op who started the thread btw and believe it or not I'm probably going to stick with my Z10 after all it just keeps growing on me HOWEVER if the all the apps you can get on the Z10 work on the q10 then I will switch but I have little faith in the q10s app ecosystem eh...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:26 AM
    Yes but if I get the Z now, I pay $200 at ATT but when the Q comes out, I will have to be 500 or 600 dollars, or more for the Q. Argh. Am so ready to upgrade.
    04-02-13 11:34 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I'm so indecisive but I haven't caved into getting a Z10 yet. I figured that while I'm still deciding, time will pass and the Q10 will eventually be released. I can't decide what's more important to me: a larger screen or the keyboard. Besides, my Android still works so there's no need for me to run out and get any BlackBerry yet.
    04-02-13 07:32 PM
    You guys seem to forget that hardware wise the Q10 will be stuck with an Amoled screen. Me personally having a Z10 there is no way i will ever purchase a phone with current Amoled technology over an IPS screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:19 PM
    I craved, got the Z10 and wish I had waited, yet I was tired of the HTC I had. I really, really want the old keyboard back, it feels more normal.
    Now need to decided what to do with my Z10 once the Q comes out; cause I do plan to get the Q10. I do like the Z10, flick is great and it's pretty
    fast. I have no complaints on the battery life, don't really care for the "rotate/swivel" feature, sometimes it does not move when I want it to.
    04-03-13 07:06 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD