Its been a week with the Z10 and I really like the BB10, but I'm missing IMO and Evernote, mostly though I miss the 9930 keyboard. So I've reactivated the 9930 on a spare line and plan to give Z10 to my wife.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-06-13 04:53 PM
    What I learned and laughed at on this thread:

"I couldn't find anything on the Z10 demo and left the store, I'll be getting the Q10" - you do know it is the same software right?

What is the problem with the AMOLED screen of the Q10?

Someone said they were getting shorter battery life on the Z10 than on their i5. (Same usage, etc) That concerns me about the Z10. I thought this new software was based on QNX and supposed to be so energy efficient?
    04-06-13 08:59 PM
    I bought my z10 Friday morning and it is a great device. I'll pass it to a family member when I get my q10. The physical keyboard takes precedence over the larger screen. The q10 is definitely the way to go for me. Meanwhile I'll use the z10 for the bb10 experience.
    I thought like you, I used a Torch 9810 before the Z10 and exclusively used the keyboard, but the huge productivity boost I've had with swiping words up is nothing short of amazing. To each his own though as it does depend how you bang out sentences.....

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-06-13 09:06 PM
    Pre-ordered my Q10 the other day. Very nearly caved, but stayed strong.

Anyone who owns a Z10 AND a PlayBook, are there any problems pairing across platforms?
    04-06-13 11:09 PM
    Thread updated (original post) !

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:18 PM

Anyone who owns a Z10 AND a PlayBook, are there any problems pairing across platforms?
    No problems with bridging or Hot spotting.

04-07-13 10:27 AM
    No problems with bridging or Hot spotting.

Did they fix the bridged apps issue? I know it was previously reported that, while surfing the net via bridge worked fine, the bridge apps (specifically email, calendar, and contacts) were missing.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 08:51 PM
    My battery as well is on its last legs... They just need to release it already!
    04-08-13 01:31 AM
    So today i got a really good offer on my iphone 5 and thought, 'fine, ill just get rid of it and try the z10
    That pretty much says it all - you're accustomed to a non-physical keyboard, so a switch to another non-physical keyboard means much less to you than it would to those of us with physical keyboard phones.

Never had an iPhone and never wanted one myself, though did try the 9850 and really disliked it - sold it on eBay (at a substantial loss) and got the 9930 instead, with which I've been very pleased.
    danfrancisco likes this.
    04-08-13 08:14 AM
    No caving for the Z10 (already got a phone with a big screen, Note 2 but too big for everyday use) so the Q10 will be my daily driver for a long time. Getting my Q10 normally near end of April so not 2 long of a wait for me but patience is a virtue ...
    I'm getting it before the carriers and stores in my country (friend of mine does import/export)
    04-08-13 11:59 AM
    I have a pre-order for the Q and bought the Z10 to be familiar with in the mean time. Ill be honest, its sure nice having a larger screen especially after I sideloaded Netflix(which works great!) Google maps and other apps that I know would not look right on the Q. This is a hard decision for me. My 9900 was the best phone ive ever had and miss the Qwerty keyboard but I may stay with the Z. I came from an iphone to a torch then a 9900 now a Z or Q.

EDIT : Yep, I decided tonight that I am going to be sticking with the Z10. Canceled my pre-order

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by stefman722; 04-09-13 at 01:07 AM.
    04-08-13 01:26 PM
    This iPhone 4 is moving slower n slower everyday. That z10 is looking better n better every day. Might not hold out for a Q. Might just cave also
    04-10-13 06:43 PM
    I have a pre-order for the Q and bought the Z10 to be familiar with in the mean time. Ill be honest, its sure nice having a larger screen especially after I sideloaded Netflix(which works great!) Google maps and other apps that I know would not look right on the Q. This is a hard decision for me. My 9900 was the best phone ive ever had and miss the Qwerty keyboard but I may stay with the Z. I came from an iphone to a torch then a 9900 now a Z or Q.

EDIT : Yep, I decided tonight that I am going to be sticking with the Z10. Canceled my pre-order

Posted via CB10
    Z10 keyboard is very intuitive indeed. I can type just as fast if not faster than on a physical keyboard. Something about swiping that I love. Not going to lie though. The Q10 is one sexy device and I may need to have both to use on a daily basis.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:52 PM

Hey mate, yea I do.. and i hardly pair by z10 to PlayBook.. as compared to 9900 to PlayBook.

But bridge is quite basic for the z10. So don't expect much.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:53 PM
    Z10 keyboard is very intuitive indeed. I can type just as fast if not faster than on a physical keyboard. Something about swiping that I love. Not going to lie though. The Q10 is one sexy device and I may need to have both to use on a daily basis.

Posted via CB10
    you can't go wrong with both man. That's what I was thinking too.

An upgrade from the 9900 which I'm still using, the z screen size is perfect and it's kinda holding me back to getting the q as web pages looks sweet on my z10.

I'm so confused right now.. i don't play games or listen to music and the only 3rd party apps I use are shortcut me, nfc launcher and kakao.

Oh BlackBerry What have you done to us

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:01 PM
    you can't go wrong with both man. That's what I was thinking too.

An upgrade from the 9900 which I'm still using, the z screen size is perfect and it's kinda holding me back to getting the q as web pages looks sweet on my z10.

I'm so confused right now.. i don't play games or listen to music and the only 3rd party apps I use are shortcut me, nfc launcher and kakao.

Oh BlackBerry What have you done to us

Posted via CB10
    I don't play games either but do use my phone as my bluetooth music player for my car. My 64gb SD should serve me right. I just love the form factor of the q10. I'll probably end up having one as well lol

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:32 PM
    It seems to me, from all the posts, that people are weighing up whether the physical keyboard is worth the loss of other functions key to the Z10 (screen real estate, maps, apps, videos, games etc). I guess it's a trade off per se. I'll be keeping my Z10 for the time being until I at least see some aristo leaks or even other qwerty leaks from blackberry. To each his own!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:00 AM
    Im not sure if i can hold out..i really want that keyboard..i so tierd of my iphone 5..

Anyone heard anything about release in scandinavia / Sweden?
    04-11-13 09:43 AM
    This iPhone 4 is moving slower n slower everyday. That z10 is looking better n better every day. Might not hold out for a Q. Might just cave also
    Don't feel any pressure to get a Z10. Get a Q10 if you really prefer a physical keyboard. Do your research throughly and make a list of features you really need and those that are nice to have. If you go with either model be happy with it.

I came from a physical keyboard model to the Z10 and haven't regretted it in 30 days.

04-12-13 07:19 PM
    Don't feel any pressure to get a Z10. Get a Q10 if you really prefer a physical keyboard. Do your research throughly and make a list of features you really need and those that are nice to have. If you go with either model be happy with it.

I came from a physical keyboard model to the Z10 and haven't regretted it in 30 days.

Yeah there is no pressure. I'm just an impatient person lol. I think I will give the Z10 a go. If the keyboard is as good as people say, I think I'll be happy. Either way I'm just looking forward to coming back to blackberry
    04-14-13 04:23 PM
    Take it from a die-hard physical keyboard guy like me. Absolutely zero regrets for me. I'm loving the full screen BlackBerry 10 experience. Games and YouTube is fantastic to view on. I love how the keyboard gets better and better the longer I have it. It's smart. I will not be buying the Q. Maybe the next model ill look at it again.

Posted via CB10
    rellyrellz likes this.
    04-14-13 04:59 PM
    Take it from a die-hard physical keyboard guy like me. Absolutely zero regrets for me. I'm loving the full screen BlackBerry 10 experience. Games and YouTube is fantastic to view on. I love how the keyboard gets better and better the longer I have it. It's smart. I will not be buying the Q. Maybe the next model ill look at it again.

Posted via CB10
    I switched to a Z10 for a month, then sold it. It's not that it's a bad phone, it's not that I can't type fast with it. It's just that typing isn't satisfying on it, and when you're typing a lot every day that matters. Also I much prefer the form factor and build quality of the Q anyways - QWERTY phones always manage to feel more solid and less fragile. Not to mention the battery life will get a boost.
    04-14-13 08:31 PM
    I switched to a Z10 for a month, then sold it. It's not that it's a bad phone, it's not that I can't type fast with it. It's just that typing isn't satisfying on it, and when you're typing a lot every day that matters. Also I much prefer the form factor and build quality of the Q anyways - QWERTY phones always manage to feel more solid and less fragile. Not to mention the battery life will get a boost.
    For sure. When I first bought it I was tempted to return it within the first week because I couldn't type worth crap and was getting so many typos. But to be honest, I am typing a lot faster with the virtual keyboard then with the physical now and errors are just as bad as it was with the physical keyboard so I am pretty impressed. You really do get used to it. One thing though that I will be jealous of the Q is the the metal frame. That's about it hehe.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:43 PM
    With my 9930, I can set up AKO email all without messing with properties - the Blackberry does it all with just the account name and password. If the Q-10 can do the same, I may upgrade to one.
    04-15-13 08:42 PM
99 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD