Umm I'm a heavy power user, texting, emailing bbming and Web browsing all day and my Z10 lasts 7am-3pm! battery life is amazing on the Z10. Can't wait to see the Q10's battery life tho!

Posted via CB10
    Good to know...I have my 9810 off the charger for 18 hours a day and have 20-50% left, depending on how much I've used the phone (usually quite a lot on weekdays). Screen-on time and websurfing seems to be the battery killers, so the smaller AMOLED screen and bigger battery in the Q10 should be perfect for power users.
    03-27-13 11:38 AM
    Good to know...I have my 9810 off the charger for 18 hours a day and have 20-50% left, depending on how much I've used the phone (usually quite a lot on weekdays). Screen-on time and websurfing seems to be the battery killers, so the smaller AMOLED screen and bigger battery in the Q10 should be perfect for power users.
    This is the first time in awhile I've had a phone last this long my bold 9900 and galaxy note would both only last till about 7am- 11am/11:30am (Gnote sometimes worse)

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:02 PM
    I have two worries about the q10.

#1 - will editing documents be difficult / tedious without a trackpad?
    #2 - will apps be severely limited compared to the (already limited) z10?
    03-27-13 12:14 PM
    You have to understand that q10, while more superior in hardware, it will lack severely in quality, and more importantly, quantity of apps available.

If you guys promise not to complain, go ahead and wait for the q10

Posted via CB10
    LOL! I don't know about the severe lack of quality though... if you're referring to the build, I think the Q10 is going to exude high quality. The photos would indicate a high end premier phone, I would be very disappointed if it ends up feeling like cheap plastic (i.e. like any Curve save the legendary 8900). If you're referring to overall quality of experience, I think the Q10 is meant to be the phone for that us diehard QWERTY fans have all been waiting for. We're not focused on our phones being a media or games monster... we just want a powerful communication device first, and if it's got the specs and ability to entertain us during our down times, all the better. The Q10 is meant to stand on its own, and not be compared or mentioned in the same discussion as the Z10, iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One, etc.

That said, I have owned a Z10 since the Canadian launch and love it. But as the anticipation for the Q10 draws closer (WHEN IS THE RELEASE DATE, BBRY?!?!?) I've already made up my mind that I'm getting some of that sweet QWERTY action! I accept the fact that app development will be focused on the Z10 first, but as a long time BB user, I'm already used to being at the tail end of the app development roadmap so I won't feel like I'm missing out. That kick @$$ browser will do a good enough job for me until the apps get converted to the Q10 (although CB10 better be good to go for the Q10 on day one!!!!)
    03-27-13 12:19 PM
    LOL! I don't know about the severe lack of quality though... if you're referring to the build, I think the Q10 is going to exude high quality. The photos would indicate a high end premier phone, I would be very disappointed if it ends up feeling like cheap plastic (i.e. like any Curve save the legendary 8900). If you're referring to overall quality of experience, I think the Q10 is meant to be the phone for that us diehard QWERTY fans have all been waiting for. We're not focused on our phones being a media or games monster... we just want a powerful communication device first, and if it's got the specs and ability to entertain us during our down times, all the better. The Q10 is meant to stand on its own, and not be compared or mentioned in the same discussion as the Z10, iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One, etc.

That said, I have owned a Z10 since the Canadian launch and love it. But as the anticipation for the Q10 draws closer (WHEN IS THE RELEASE DATE, BBRY?!?!?) I've already made up my mind that I'm getting some of that sweet QWERTY action! I accept the fact that app development will be focused on the Z10 first, but as a long time BB user, I'm already used to being at the tail end of the app development roadmap so I won't feel like I'm missing out. That kick @$$ browser will do a good enough job for me until the apps get converted to the Q10 (although CB10 better be good to go for the Q10 on day one!!!!)
    My thoughts exactly. The odd game, the odd movie or video is all I need. News apps, twitter, sports scores...that is all I want.....and of course the CB app. I would bet that there will be thousands of apps available on launch with thousands available shortly after. I would also bet there will eventually be very few quality apps that won't be released on the Q10. Now.....when are we seeing it?????? Canada = April I hope.
    03-27-13 12:32 PM
    I've been a Bold user for a long time, and absolutely love the keyboard. However, I picked up the Z10 on the first day in Canada (Feb 5th), and at first I wasn't sure if I liked the touch keyboard. Not because it wasn't working for me, cause the predictive text is INCREDIBLE, but because I missed the physical keyboard touch. After using it for a couple weeks, I can proudly say that I have definitely moved on from the physical keyboard, and I am 100% completely sold on the touch keyboard. I literally type faster and more accurately on the touch keyboard then I ever did on the bold. I'm just blown away on how much the touch keyboard knows exactly what I'm trying to type, and corrects all my mistakes! WIth the bold, I had the odd backspace to fix words that I mis-typed, but no need for that with the Z10. The trick with the Z10 is that you have to learn to trust it. Once I started trusting the predictive text, and I let the auto-correct do its thing, I am typing so much faster, and I hardly ever have to backspace to fix typo's. The Keyboard really is THAT good. However, I do understand how people still like/want the physical touch of a keyboard. My girldfriend is holding out for the Q10, even with me showing her how great the touch keyboard is. All of this to say.....just try the touch keyboard....learn to trust it, and you may also grow to love it like I did. I believe crackberry kevin had the same thing happen to him. He's 100% with the touch keyboard now.
    npunk42 likes this.
    03-27-13 12:49 PM
    Disagree on the new q10 not representing new BlackBerry line up. Visual difference from previous BlackBerry phones is immense and figure is just iconic

Posted via CB10
    Yes there are differences. Fans could see that. How about everyone else? The Z10 is the phone to get everyone else's attention. The Q10 is supposed to be the treat for diehards. Check out Kevins article today on the crews Z10 experience with a waiter at his favourite restaurant. Would it have been the same with Q10s on their table? All I'm saying.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-27-13 05:57 PM
    Sold my Z10 at cost while i could.. after using it for 2 weeks, still preferred physical keyboard even with smaller screen. Will definitely wait for the Q10.

Had a hard time moving back my phonebook from the Z10 to my 9810i

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    hnguyen likes this.
    03-27-13 07:27 PM
    You have to understand that q10, while more superior in hardware, it will lack severely in quality, and more importantly, quantity of apps available.

If you guys promise not to complain, go ahead and wait for the q10

Posted via CB10
    I'm just curious, but what makes you say that?
    03-27-13 08:23 PM
    Umm I'm a heavy power user, texting, emailing bbming and Web browsing all day and my Z10 lasts 7am-3pm! battery life is amazing on the Z10. Can't wait to see the Q10's battery life tho!

Posted via CB10
    So, 7-3 is amazing battery life? What are you talking about? I usually need to charge up to make it through a full day.

By the term "Full Day," I don't mean that I'm finished at 3. I rely on my smartphone to carry me until 10 pm or later.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 12:57 PM
    So, 7-3 is amazing battery life? What are you talking about? I usually need to charge up to make it through a full day.

By the term "Full Day," I don't mean that I'm finished at 3. I rely on my smartphone to carry me until 10 pm or later.

Posted via CB10
    For any phone ive used with my heavy usage 8hrz is amazing where most phones wud only get to 5-6hrz on one charge.. (HTC Hero, HTC Desire, Bold 9700, Bold 9900, Samsung Galaxy Note) all of those phones could not get anywhere nere 8hrz on a single charge.. i have freinds with iphone 4s/5, GS3, etc and non of them can anything spectacular out of there battery's.. So to date with *MY* usage 8hrz is really good!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 03:08 PM
    Wow, this thread was exactly what I was looking for. I have 14 more days on my VZW contract. I have been visiting and trying out the Z10 at various VZW outlets. Finally someone said they would upgrade me to the Z10 early if I wanted. I really like the predictive text bit. I cant see the Q10 doing that very well. I now use the 9930, which is the BB of my dreams come true. Its a near perfect BB experience. I don't use the touch screen very much, but it is convenient when I need it. I'm not into games and videos just business stuff. Sorry, I'm rambling. Just trying to sort this out. One thing I love about BB is that I don't have to think about it. If the Z10 is a stride in that direction, I'm all for it. I guess in an oblique and awkward way I'm asking how is the Q10 a better BB experience than the Z10, or the 9930 for that matter. One more thing, I use my playbook when I need a larger screen. I guess I need to search on how the bridge is working out for the Z10. Thanks for your endurance, and your help.
    03-29-13 04:53 PM
    Wow, this thread was exactly what I was looking for. I have 14 more days on my VZW contract. I have been visiting and trying out the Z10 at various VZW outlets. Finally someone said they would upgrade me to the Z10 early if I wanted. I really like the predictive text bit. I cant see the Q10 doing that very well. I now use the 9930, which is the BB of my dreams come true. Its a near perfect BB experience. I don't use the touch screen very much, but it is convenient when I need it. I'm not into games and videos just business stuff. Sorry, I'm rambling. Just trying to sort this out. One thing I love about BB is that I don't have to think about it. If the Z10 is a stride in that direction, I'm all for it. I guess in an oblique and awkward way I'm asking how is the Q10 a better BB experience than the Z10, or the 9930 for that matter. One more thing, I use my playbook when I need a larger screen. I guess I need to search on how the bridge is working out for the Z10. Thanks for your endurance, and your help.
    Exactly the same. My 9930 is my dream BB. It has everything I need for work, I use it hard and it easily carries me till late evening. If I stick it in the cradle at work when I'm at my desk for a bit or on the charger on my drive home, I'm solid till midnight. I even posted a while back that while I'm excited for the Z10 and Q, I'd probably pass on them due to the fact I didn't see anything with them that could beat my 9930/PlayBook work combo, and the fact I hate VKs on phones. Then I made the mistake of spending about 10mins on a Z10 at WalMart several days ago and was literally blown away with the VK on it as well as the predictive word swype. I'm very afraid I may fall to the Z10, but fortunately my upgrade isn't until May and I'm sure the Q will be out by then and I'll try both.
    03-29-13 07:06 PM
    I had a Torch 9810 and switched to the 9900. At first I had a hard time with the smaller screen and such but in very short order I thought it was the greatest phone ever (with a few exceptions like battery and camera).

I was the first in line on launch day and love the Z10. I have totally gotten used to the keyboard. Using Flick is awesome. I have owned an iPhone 3 and iPhone 4 to experiment and when my beloved 9900 suffered a fatal parking lot / tire incident I bought a Samsung SIII figuring it would have good resale value while I waited for BB10. No doubt the Z10 has been the best touch phone keyboard I have used.

But I suspect my experience with the Torch and Bold will be the same once I try a Q10. As much as I love the Z10 that physical keyboard is calling me.

The Q10 is so close to release I too recommend anyone on the fence should wait. Try both in the store once you can. If anyone lives near me I would be very happy to sit with you and let you get some quality time on the Z10. Then try the Q10.

Posted from my Z10 in the CB10 app
    03-29-13 07:18 PM
    Am not sure you will be happier with the Q10 after getting used to the real estate of the screen on the Z10.

What you need to do, is to get used to how the keyboard of the Z10 works. Keep typing and don't look closely at the spelling. Space bar, space bar.... it will get your words right, almost every single time.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 07:32 PM
    I am waiting for the Q10 and will not compromise under any circumstances. Z10 looks and feels too much like an iPhone for my liking.
    03-29-13 07:38 PM
    I think that the Z10's keyboard and the flicking of words will trump the Q10 physical keyboard.

I came from a 9900 and this z10 keyboard is truly amazing. Add the nice screen and you have yourself the best BlackBerry there is.

The reason the z10 released first was (imo) to try something new, a new BlackBerry. If that wasn't good enough for die hard physical keyboard users, than the Q10 is the answer, and they're willing to wait.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 07:47 PM
    I am waiting for the Q10 and will not compromise under any circumstances. Z10 looks and feels too much like an iPhone for my liking.
    Be first to grab the Q10 and tell us how it is. By then, hopefully some of the software issues we are facing now would be eradicated. These aren't terribly disabling, but would be nice to move on.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 07:53 PM
    Sigh. I caved and my Z10 will be in the mail next week. I had to cave because there is a special my carrier for double airtime and data that I need and that won't last forever, so I couldn't wait for the Q. It's a sad day for a qwerty die-hard to give up a physical keyboard; I'll let you know how it goes. But for those who can wait, stay strong so you can compare both the Q and Z side by side.
    03-29-13 10:16 PM
    I felt the same way when I got rid of my Torch and bought a Z10. But after about a week in I was so hopelessly addicted to this phone. Now I'm even too lazy to type on my laptop. I'd say write how you feel about the keyboard after using it for another week or two.

Posted via CB10
    npunk42 likes this.
    03-29-13 10:26 PM
    For any phone ive used with my heavy usage 8hrz is amazing where most phones wud only get to 5-6hrz on one charge.. (HTC Hero, HTC Desire, Bold 9700, Bold 9900, Samsung Galaxy Note) all of those phones could not get anywhere nere 8hrz on a single charge.. i have freinds with iphone 4s/5, GS3, etc and non of them can anything spectacular out of there battery's.. So to date with *MY* usage 8hrz is really good!
    Posted via CB10
    Hi Qu1ckset

Very surprised that you had battery problems with the 9700 - until my 9700 was c16months old, I used to be able get through an 18hr day with 20%+ left to spare (3G, wifi, bluetooth all turned on). After 16 months, the battery on my 9700 'dropped off a cliff' and I got a phone upgrade to my current 9900 instead of buying a new battery.... (BIG mistake - though the 9900 has a wonderful keyboard, the battery life has always been appalling, and the optical trackpad makes it very difficult to read/edit/write emails in sunlight)

I'm hoping that the Q10 has the same battery 'staying power' as the 8820/9000 which always lasted at least 1.5 days of heavy use

Anybody else had similar experiences?

Alex

PS I have swapped the battery on my 9900, but no difference at all
    03-30-13 11:39 AM
    Hi Qu1ckset

Very surprised that you had battery problems with the 9700 - until my 9700 was c16months old, I used to be able get through an 18hr day with 20%+ left to spare (3G, wifi, bluetooth all turned on). After 16 months, the battery on my 9700 'dropped off a cliff' and I got a phone upgrade to my current 9900 instead of buying a new battery.... (BIG mistake - though the 9900 has a wonderful keyboard, the battery life has always been appalling, and the optical trackpad makes it very difficult to read/edit/write emails in sunlight)

I'm hoping that the Q10 has the same battery 'staying power' as the 8820/9000 which always lasted at least 1.5 days of heavy use

Anybody else had similar experiences?

Alex

PS I have swapped the battery on my 9900, but no difference at all
    Dude your usuage threw out the day must be very minimal , i don't care what smart phone it is 18hrz is really long, and impossible to achieve on one charge with heavy usage..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:36 PM
    should have waited. q10 is way classier and looks to be better quality.
    03-30-13 12:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is one of my concerns come upgrade time. My experiences with my iPhone have been nothing like that. I get a good 12 hours out of a charge, usually more. And that's with what I consider above moderate use. My only 2 friends who have an iPhone 5 quote the same thing. The ones who switched from iPhone 5 to GIII says his battery life is about the same. I work out in the middle of nowhere outdoors, and the idea of 8 hours or less of battery life is concerning. I am hoping to get 10-12 hours a charge on whatever phone I get (Z10 is top of list currently, but definitely concerned about the battery reports I read on here).
    03-30-13 01:08 PM
    after about a week in I was so hopelessly addicted to this phone. Now I'm even too lazy to type on my laptop.
    Posted via CB10
    Just thinking, wouldn't it be AWESOME if the Playbook had the same predictive text function and gesture as the Z10? Just a thought.
    03-30-13 01:11 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD