So today i got a really good offer on my iphone 5 and thought, 'fine, ill just get rid of it and try the z10'

so pretty much i got the white z10 from telstra in australia (personally think the black z10 looks boring, to each his own!) and was only $90 out of pocket. The z10 is fantastic and the whole experience is great, even the keyboard is better than i expected. HOWEVER, i am still going switch to the q10 because it just doesnt cut it for me, like ive said, the z10 is great but i advise all the impatient people out there like myself that if you seriously intended/intend to wait for the q10 then do it because although i love my new z10 within a few hours i already made the decision that it just isnt for me in relation to the q10.

so pretty much the the point of the story is, if you are thinking of caving and getting the z10 only because you cant wait for the BB10 experience, dont, because you will most likely enjoy the z10 but the thought of the q10 will just hang in the back of your mind constantly aha

UPDATE: to be honest when I wrote this post I wanted to be more harsh on the Z10 and pretty much say I regretted caving and getting it but I can now honestly say I have no regrets at all. The Z10 just grows and grows on me and the more I get used to it the more I want it over the q10. I am at the point where I can pretty much say I'm not going to get the q10 and the only reason I would get the q10 is for the battery life and even then I know I would miss my Z10. However, momax and other manufactures are planning to release extended batteries (not battery packs) so i will give it 6 months probably and if there's no extended batteries I might switch to the q10. (this is not to say that the Z10 battery is bad, but I'd rather 2 days use instead of one days use on a full charge) my battery is actually really good compared to other crackberrians and I do use the phone quite a lot through the day. I guess it's just the luck of the draw haha. What I would be interested in seeing is a thread dedicated to the 4 Z10 model numbers and if there is ant correlation between battery life and model
    Last edited by nickthebold; 04-06-13 at 11:17 PM.
    03-26-13 04:05 AM
    Thanks for the advice because I was thinking of caving as well and getting Z10 today at Telstra but thanks to your advice I am going to wait it out for the Q10 which I heard is likely to be released in Australia in June.

Painful wait while my 9800 is on it's last legs after three years.
    CRJDRIVER and caccad like this.
    03-26-13 04:53 AM
    Totally understand you mate.. i caved and got a z10.. loving it, but I still want a q10.

Nevertheless the z10 is better than what I expected it to be.. and no regrets too.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 04:56 AM
    Been saying that for a while on this forum.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:58 AM
    I bought a Z10 a week after the Canadian release and absolutely love the phone, quick, smooth, good battery life, but still dropping this phone like it's hot when the Q10 comes out!

Posted via CB10
    sirk25 and Empyrean like this.
    03-26-13 08:00 AM
    You have to understand that q10, while more superior in hardware, it will lack severely in quality, and more importantly, quantity of apps available.

If you guys promise not to complain, go ahead and wait for the q10

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 08:19 AM
    So today i got a really good offer on my iphone 5 and thought, 'fine, ill just get rid of it and try the z10'

so pretty much i got the white z10 from telstra in australia (personally think the black z10 looks boring, to each his own!) and was only $90 out of pocket. The z10 is fantastic and the whole experience is great, even the keyboard is better than i expected. HOWEVER, i am still going switch to the q10 because it just doesnt cut it for me, like ive said, the z10 is great but i advise all the impatient people out there like myself that if you seriously intended/intend to wait for the q10 then do it because although i love my new z10 within a few hours i already made the decision that it just isnt for me in relation to the q10.

so pretty much the the point of the story is, if you are thinking of caving and getting the z10 only because you cant wait for the BB10 experience, dont, because you will most likely enjoy the z10 but the thought of the q10 will just hang in the back of your mind constantly aha
    You could always sell your Z10 once Q10 is out, I don't think you would lose much money.
    03-26-13 09:35 AM
    I thought the same, but caved-in and got a Z10.

However, I have to say that, despite being very interested in trying the Q10 when it appears, I don't regret moving to the touch-screen at all. My fear was, having played around with touch screen phones, I'd be all fingers and thumbs, and not be able to text anyhting legible on the move, in a light breeze, but the keyboard is so intuitave, I find my self sending messages, just for the **** of it.

Personally, I'd have difficulty going back to a 'small' display, but it's horses for courses.
    npunk42 likes this.
    03-26-13 11:36 AM
    I can't believe that the word 'h e l l' was starred out in my post! Nanny-state, or what...
    dsan1 likes this.
    03-26-13 11:37 AM
    I have a 9900 and I use an S3 with Swiftkeys, I'm also waiting on the Q10 but it seems I'm changing my mind. I've cruised my cousins Z10 and the keyboard and predictive is fantastic! Now swiftkeys gives you much faster typing than the physical qwerty, much faster because the words that it suggests are just always what you need, and I can tell the Z10 is waaaaaay ahead in this. So the difference between the Z10 and Q10 is the physical keys (maybe battery life), but once you get used to the softkeys on the Z, you can't top it. Plus with the Q you'll be losing out on that lovely screen real estate!
    03-26-13 11:49 AM
    I must admit that even though I consider myself a physical keyboard loyalist going from the 9700, 9800 and currently 9900 last night I was playing with the Z10 at my local AT&T store and my "mind was blown" by the virtual keyboard (see what I did there?) after experiencing the swiping feature on the keyboard I am now leaning towards getting the Z10 when my upgrade is available in a few weeks. hopefully the Q10 will be out before my upgrade so I can play with it at my local AT&T store but it's going to be hard to sway me to keep my loyalty to the physical keyboard.
    03-26-13 12:21 PM
    Meh I don't care about the screen size and apps, i came from a galaxy note to the Z10, the Gnote had a bigger screen and way more apps, but the experience with bb10 blows the Gnote out of the water.

More then half the time on my phone, half my screen is taken up by the virtual keyboard, im a texting,bbming, emailing ***** lol, I cannot wait to feel the physical qwerty keyboard under my fingers.

There screen will be more then fine for Web pages, I do not care to games on any of my phones wastes the battery's and i have am amazing computer for games, and my phone will have the
    Micro hdmi cord for movies when I'm outta town..

But that's why there are so many different sized phones, bigger is not always better!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 01:06 PM
    This is exactly what I know will happen. I love my Z10, but I have just always had that something special for the beauty of the 9000 9900 and now the sexy Q10. But in the mean time I would never complain as my Z10 is awesome. I just know I will see Q10s and will eventually cave for one.
    03-26-13 02:34 PM
    You have to understand that q10, while more superior in hardware, it will lack severely in quality, and more importantly, quantity of apps available.

If you guys promise not to complain, go ahead and wait for the q10

Posted via CB10
    As of this morning apps that were and are available for the Z10. ( andriod ports included will be ready for use. So here is hoping they stay cranking!
    03-26-13 02:39 PM
    Totally understand you mate.. i caved and got a z10.. loving it, but I still want a q10.

Nevertheless the z10 is better than what I expected it to be.. and no regrets too.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly where I am. Really like the Z10 but also leaning towards getting a Q10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 03:12 PM
    Thinking of the same. Do I spend the money on the z10 then sell it or do I just wait. I just wish we would get a q10 release date(US)
    03-26-13 07:06 PM
    That's why I am trying to be patient so I can compare them side by side. I tried the Z and was very impressed! But I am waiting, and waiting, and waiting! By the time I get my phone it will be perfect:-)
    03-26-13 08:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    this is EXACTLY what I did - love my Z10, waiting to get the Q10 when it comes out in April.
    03-26-13 08:15 PM
    Why sell it guys.. its a piece of history..

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:18 PM
    I really, really, REALLY want that Q10. That being said, and I know this may sound dumb but, being the "techy" guy in my circle of friends and my family, I still find myself defending my choice in BB and the usual RIM is dead BS. This is coming from almost everyone I know except for a small handful of people. This made me think that to prove my points to them a new Z10 to show off would have much greater impact than the QWERTY Q10. Then I thought screw them I want my keyboard. But, that is exactly the point of this story. The Z10 was designed to appeal to the touchscreen users and yet has found its way into the hands of QWERTY loyalists. If you don't care whether you get a Q10 or Z10, get the Z for the simple fact that you can help boost BlackBerry public opinion just by using it. I don't think the Q10, at first glance, will get you the "hey, is that the new BlackBerry" kind of response the Z10 will. I just think it will take a lot longer for BlackBerry to repair its image with physical keyboard devices. This is the reason why the Z10 came first. But anyway, if you're as adamant about physical keyboards as many are, myself included, let's wait just a little bit longer and stay strong. lol. Ok enough thoughts from me.
    03-27-13 12:12 AM
    Disagree on the new q10 not representing new BlackBerry line up. Visual difference from previous BlackBerry phones is immense and figure is just iconic

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:39 AM
    Hmmm...seems like I have the terms of a new contract, apparently all that is left is for me to decide 2 year or 3 year contract. The other hard question: Z10 or wait for the Q10
    03-27-13 12:45 AM
    Whats also now locked in the q10 for me and selling my z10 is the battery life.. Already im extremely disappointed with the z10's battery life despite the awesome qnx experience. I really do believe that the q10 will finally be "that" phone where you can honestly say no matter how heavy you use it that the battery is legit 100% to last at the very least a full day (6am-12pm)
    03-27-13 01:24 AM
    Whats also now locked in the q10 for me and selling my z10 is the battery life.. Already im extremely disappointed with the z10's battery life despite the awesome qnx experience. I really do believe that the q10 will finally be "that" phone where you can honestly say no matter how heavy you use it that the battery is legit 100% to last at the very least a full day (6am-12pm)
    Umm I'm a heavy power user, texting, emailing bbming and Web browsing all day and my Z10 lasts 7am-3pm! battery life is amazing on the Z10. Can't wait to see the Q10's battery life tho!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 07:51 AM
    honestly, it can be the best touch screen keyboard of all time, but i still WANT the q10.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    03-27-13 08:30 AM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD